ZERO
12-13-2010, 09:39 PM
Flame Predator
Required Level: 80
Levels per ability: 4
Allowed per Team: 2
Item Restrictions: cloak
(knife only)
6922Berserk: Pump yourself with adrenaline to gain 45-60% more speed and 25-40 HP
6924Cloak of Invisibility: Put on your cloak to be 40-70% invisible.
6975Levitation: Reduce your gravity by 30-60%
6921Claw Attack: 30-40% chance to force a weapon drop.
6923Burning Blade: 20-35% chance to burn enemy for 2-3.5sec.
6974Burning Inferno: 20-40% chance that you deal 110-130 damage in 17-20ft range on death

http://www.ibisgaming.com/wcs_stats/player.php?id=11888

Initial Release

Restricted to 2 per team

Fix for change race weapon restriction glitch

Restricted cloak of shadows

Burning Blade does not deal damage from fire, now the effected player will take 1DPS that will award you if they die

Damage from death power no longer is changed based on distance, all targets in range will take full damage

Bug fixes on txt, console outputs.

Confirmed CODE is 100% same as 1.0.6

Patched to ensure weapons are removed at spawn

Initial Release of reprogrammed version

Jeimuzu
12-15-2010, 05:40 PM
Should start with armor automatically, and needs more health IMO.

People shoot you down to like 30 hp, and then when you use your ability to make them drop their weapon and go to their knife, by the time you're able to stab for the second time, they stab you.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-15-2010, 06:03 PM
Should start with armor automatically, and needs more health IMO.

People shoot you down to like 30 hp, and then when you use your ability to make them drop their weapon and go to their knife, by the time you're able to stab for the second time, they stab you.

it's just like it used to be.

we never ad that problem before. flame pred is one of those races where if you're goo you'll rape the field (aka, ritta) but if you're not you'll die fast (aka me)

buying armor each round works too.

Jeimuzu
12-15-2010, 06:39 PM

we never ad that problem before. flame pred is one of those races where if you're goo you'll rape the field (aka, ritta) but if you're not you'll die fast (aka me)

I don't know, I'm pretty good with the knife but Blade kept using a mole ability and aimed for my head when the round started and just instantly killed me.. I can't do that because I have no gun and it takes 2+ right click knifes to kill someone unless you hit them in the back.

Pretty much anyone with a gun is a counter to flame pred if they know what they're doing. You just have to have a bit of luck when you're playing this race.

maynard
12-15-2010, 07:10 PM
flame pred with more armor would be just stupidly unfair. they are already uber hard 2 see, run insanely fast, light you on fire, and force you 2 drop your weapon lol.

but like aco said, it's never been an issue before. in fact people have complained about them being 2 hard 2 kill unless you're athena.

also, zero, you should look into seeing if you can get athena in the game as soon as possible, cause it would be nice 2 have a counter race on for the vegabond, and all the fast moving classes.

as for the mole business we need 2 change that, you're not supposed 2 actually appear in the enemy base till a few seconds after the round starts.

DJ_MikeyRevile
12-15-2010, 07:50 PM

Ring on regen is great for flame pred

maynard
12-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Ring on regen is great for flame pred

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo230/ktown4life1337/cool-story-bro-house-Cool-story-bro.jpg

acolyte_to_jippity
12-19-2010, 09:52 PM
something is f'd up with flame pred. maynard is knifing me from across the map

taz1stP
12-21-2010, 04:50 PM
we need to limit them to 2 per team

ZERO
12-21-2010, 05:54 PM

Restricted to 2 per team

maynard
12-21-2010, 07:11 PM
something is f'd up with flame pred. maynard is knifing me from across the map

lawl...

acolyte_to_jippity
12-21-2010, 10:07 PM
lawl...

HOW HOW THE FUCK DO YOU O THAT!!??!?

:sobs:

please...

make it stop...

CYBER
12-27-2010, 01:56 AM
zero, when playing flame pred and u switch races before u die:
- when u spawn nxt round u have no gun, only knife.
- when u spawn same round by bloodmage, u have the left gun glitch that doesnt allow u to use ur gun and u lose it when u switch to knife...
assistance?

ZERO
12-27-2010, 10:54 AM
is your gravity and everything else normal. Does this occur with any other races that have weapon restrictions?

CYBER
12-28-2010, 09:51 PM
is your gravity and everything else normal. Does this occur with any other races that have weapon restrictions?

yeah, when i respawn with the NEW class, i get the gravity for THAT class.
for example:
i am a flame pred, i change class to human, i die.
luckily a BM respawns me,
now, i AM a human, i can teleport if i want, i move the human speed, i jump the human jump, BUT my gun is either gone or glitched to my left arm , and i cant use it.
but every other characteristic to the race i chose will work i think, except getting my sidearm.

i dont know about other races, since i am not on vagabong or anything yet, i will ask willster to test out having a vagabong on scout only and then switching to human or smthn and see if they get a scout or a side arm.
is there a specific scenario u'd want me to test out as well?

ZERO
12-29-2010, 04:32 PM
Do you ever get the ability to have weapons or is it stuck like that?

ZERO
12-29-2010, 05:33 PM
I have added a possible fix

ZERO
12-29-2010, 05:34 PM

Fix for change race weapon restriction glitch

CYBER
12-29-2010, 07:14 PM
Do you ever get the ability to have weapons or is it stuck like that?

well yeah u can PICKUP a weapon and use it , but ur initial side arm disappears...
currently working with willster to check what happens when u go :
-from flame to human
Result: lose initial side arm on respawn.

-from vagabond to human
(do u keep the scout? or get simply a side arm? what is the expected result zero?)
- from flame pred to vagabond?
(u should have a scout here right?)
- from vagabond to flame pred.
(u should lose the scout and get only knife.)

will be updating this thread as soon as possible. hopefully ur fix should work now, bcos i remmeber willster telling me that he died with vagabond (maybe?) with a knife equipped, and for the next few rounds he used to spawn as vagabond without a knife as well?
will check on what exactly happened, will update soon, thx for ur time.

CYBER
12-29-2010, 10:39 PM
side note zero, apparently when the map ENDS and u start a new map, if u were playing flame pred before and join as smthn else? u only get a knife as well...

ZERO
12-30-2010, 12:39 PM
It should be fixed now let me know.

CYBER
12-30-2010, 11:41 PM
It should be fixed now let me know.

roger.
will check asap. thanks man.

jonny5v
01-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Ability to stack Cloak of Shadows on top of the cloak already provided. Makes it even harder to see. It can be either restricted, or a new item can be create that makes cloaked individuals appear.

ZERO
01-07-2011, 12:28 PM

Restricted cloak of shadows

ZERO
01-13-2011, 12:12 AM

Burning Blade does not deal damage from fire, now the effected player will take 1DPS that will award you if they die

ZERO
01-13-2011, 07:33 PM

Damage from death power no longer is changed based on distance, all targets in range will take full damage

Steamer
01-13-2011, 08:11 PM

Nice Nice, working on that blood mage helped out more than just itself. =P

Blackmage
01-18-2011, 01:35 AM
Went to spectate, blew up my teamates.

Blackmage
01-03-2012, 03:21 AM
Not sure if it's a bug, or what, but it is abusable. When you level up berserk, it sets your health to a fresh level, be it 125,130,135 or 140.

Other races with extra health, Human, Hell's Demon, Die Xonvert, don't do this, so I assume it has something to do with berserk also setting speed at the same time.

ZERO
01-03-2012, 07:58 PM
It has to do with this not being one of the races I programed. Ones that I did not 100% originally code can have inconsistent behavior in how they operate due to poor programing practices. This will be corrected when I get all the races back and then reprogram all the old ones so we are all on 100% original rates for optimal stability and performance. :wtg:

ZERO
03-19-2012, 11:47 PM

Confirmed CODE is 100% same as 1.0.6

Locust
09-17-2012, 05:13 PM
This is very abuse able. When switching to Flame Pred from a race that can carry a gun sometimes the gun carries over from the previous round (If you had survived the previous round and switched in between the rounds)

CYBER
09-17-2012, 07:46 PM
This is very abuse able. When switching to Flame Pred from a race that can carry a gun sometimes the gun carries over from the previous round (If you had survived the previous round and switched in between the rounds)

- what race were u on when u did the switch?
- when exactly did u change ur race? (mid game, after death, before round end, etc..)
- did u get respawned by a teammate? or did u just start a new round?
- do u have a demo of it? or can u remember the exact map NAME and time of when this happened so we can pull a demo of it within a day?
- doesnt the gun drop as soon as u click ur mouse?
- how many times has this happened? what exactly is "sometimes" for you, in an actual amount of occurences?
- any witnesses of the behaviour?
- anyone else reported this bug?
- do you have the speed and invisibility and levitation of a flame pred when you have that gun? or does it walk a bit normal speed but just under the name of "flame pred" in raceinfo?

etc....
provide details to help us locate a bug, if any. most of us instantly download a demo from HERE (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/6434-Links-to-Demos)as soon as such bug occurs to help zero find them...

Masskid
09-18-2012, 06:43 PM
IDK wtf he is talking about... but something you could do with vagalion was go raceless, buy a gun then switch to vagalion and keep it and still cloak.... it might be the same with flame pred >.< so it would be an invis flame pred and able to shoot and knock a gun out of their hand >.< but this is just may speculation

What
09-18-2012, 06:54 PM
IDK wtf he is talking about... but something you could do with vagalion was go raceless, buy a gun then switch to vagalion and keep it and still cloak.... it might be the same with flame pred >.<

I have experienced that with Vagalion, but once you teleport the gun disappears and your back to knife, i havent seen it where you can keep teleporting with a gun.

Locust
09-18-2012, 09:10 PM
- what race were u on when u did the switch?
- when exactly did u change ur race? (mid game, after death, before round end, etc..)
- did u get respawned by a teammate? or did u just start a new round?
- do u have a demo of it? or can u remember the exact map NAME and time of when this happened so we can pull a demo of it within a day?
- doesnt the gun drop as soon as u click ur mouse?
- how many times has this happened? what exactly is "sometimes" for you, in an actual amount of occurences?
- any witnesses of the behaviour?
- anyone else reported this bug?
- do you have the speed and invisibility and levitation of a flame pred when you have that gun? or does it walk a bit normal speed but just under the name of "flame pred" in raceinfo?

etc....
provide details to help us locate a bug, if any. most of us instantly download a demo from HERE (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/6434-Links-to-Demos)as soon as such bug occurs to help zero find them...

Switched my race at the start of a round when I was alive from Archmage to Flame Pred. Survived the round so it changes race when I spawn. The guns didn't go away when I clicked. I don't remember the time but i can try and recreate the bug if I can get a time where the server is more empty.

Edit:

Recreated and recorded a demo.6355

edit2: Tried using the abilities. They still proc.
Also this apparently happens with other races as well as flame pred according to the people on the server.

Masskid
09-19-2012, 09:23 AM
QUOTE=What;144882]I have experienced that with Vagalion, but once you teleport the gun disappears and your back to knife, i havent seen it where you can keep teleporting with a gun.[/QUOTE]I never tried it so I don't know all the details

ZERO
09-23-2012, 10:48 PM

Patched to ensure weapons are removed at spawn

Erdenay
09-24-2012, 01:14 AM
You can still get weapons as flame pred...

ZERO
09-24-2012, 11:25 AM
You can still get weapons as flame pred...

I just tested myself and it removed my weapon as soon as I spawn...

Erdenay
09-24-2012, 12:18 PM
I just tested myself and it removed my weapon as soon as I spawn...

It happened last night (I can post a demo if needed), but maybe it was just a slip. We could possibly disregard it if it was a one time blip, although I am curious on why did that happen.

CYBER
09-24-2012, 12:53 PM
It happened last night (I can post a demo if needed), but maybe it was just a slip. We could possibly disregard it if it was a one time blip, although I am curious on why did that happen. i was there. The gun glitch happened on cs_assault (not the 2005 one) and it was roughly after midnight. Perhaps the fix didnt get updated onto the live server yet at that time? Its a matter of what happened first so yes tom, plz pull the demo of that yesterday. It happened around round 5 of us raping the ct team before i switched. Should be easy to find.

ZERO
10-21-2014, 10:19 PM
Reprogramming started.

ZERO
10-22-2014, 02:27 AM
Race is ready for FINAL RELEASE TESTING. Please confirm that all abilities work as they do on the live server.

ZERO
10-27-2014, 08:42 PM

Initial Release of reprogrammed version