PDA

View Full Version : 013 Spider Man [250] v1.1.1

ZERO
12-15-2010, 12:21 AM
Spider Man
Required Level: 250
Levels per ability: 8
Item Restrictions: boot,cloak,orb,helm
Spider sense: 17-30% chance to evade shots (does not evade abilities)
Agility: Jump 20-160% further and run 10-40% faster
Web-shooters: 13-31% chance to entangle enemy in web
6926Weblines: use your Weblines to travel

http://www.ibisgaming.com/wcs_stats/player.php?id=11859

Initial Release

Delayed weblines to activate 6 seconds after start of round instead of 1

Updated descriptions

Updated ultimate so that it can not be used when a player with immunity is within 30ft. This applies both to the starting point and the target point. If there is a player with immunity within 30ft of either point it will fail.

Improved performance of hit based abilities
Improved filtering to prevent ability dmg stacking
Made it so that evade can only activate on stock projectile weapons. These are now controlled individually so it is possible to create a buff to a given weapons effectiveness against this race. Such a buff may be possibly issued to the elliets in order to buff the hells hunter against this race.

Restricted from using boots of speed, cloak, helm and orb of frost

Confirmed CODE is 100% same as 1.0.5

Changed long jump to be correct values

Updated force mult for weblines to use *.25 for correct OB conversion.

Removed *.25 force mult on weblines
Changed nature of weblines so they work better when a player is using them while in the air but not when running on the ground.

Webshooters now work on flyers.

Initial Release of reprogrammed version

ZERO
12-15-2010, 04:46 PM

Delayed weblines to activate 6 seconds after start of round instead of 1

X 1 Viper1
12-27-2010, 12:32 PM
imo shouldn't this race be limited? There aren't many people with it yet, but if ninja and will are on the same team wtih this class its crazy retarded.

Just a thought...

Blackmage
12-27-2010, 02:28 PM
It's a speed race with bash and evade. With the number of speed and mobility races we will get in the future, this one gets less annoying. For now it's annoying as hell, though :)

acolyte_to_jippity
12-27-2010, 03:42 PM
It's a speed race with bash and evade. With the number of speed and mobility races we will get in the future, this one gets less annoying. For now it's annoying as hell, though :)

this.

it's maybe the best of the speed races (though jack and flame pred are special cases) but they all have their pros. dragonfly gets items from the shopmenu coming out its ass (free weaps afterall) strider wards, succubus hunter is an all-round...

jack is the best all-roun class in the game, and flame pred is flame pred.

taz1stP
01-01-2011, 05:57 AM
can we limit there web shooting to like 5 then a cool down so that people can have a chance to kill them.

CYBER
01-01-2011, 04:09 PM
can we limit there web shooting to like 5 then a cool down so that people can have a chance to kill them.

taz, as much as i wanna agree with u , but im gonna tell u that straight, many ppl have been telling me to stop bitching on the forums about "fixing " races, and u know what? they're absolutely right.

spider man yesterday pissed me off in ways beyond belief, but its all about adapting, once i switched to night elf yesterday, i started raping like never before, running at a score of 49-6 (double my team score) against 4 ppl including bigdumbanimal,viper and jimmy (on spiderman), until i scared the spiderman out of its race and forced him to change race bcos he kept getting entangled while webbing.

its all about adapting, once all races are out, then many ppl will give their feedback, but till now, its all about adapting :)
PS: night elf + popup shotgun + max armor + deagle = dominating other team :D

acolyte_to_jippity
01-01-2011, 04:44 PM
taz, as much as i wanna agree with u , but im gonna tell u that straight, many ppl have been telling me to stop bitching on the forums about "fixing " races, and u know what? they're absolutely right.

spider man yesterday pissed me off in ways beyond belief, but its all about adapting, once i switched to night elf yesterday, i started raping like never before, running at a score of 49-6 (double my team score) against 4 ppl including bigdumbanimal,viper and jimmy (on spiderman), until i scared the spiderman out of its race and forced him to change race bcos he kept getting entangled while webbing.

its all about adapting, once all races are out, then many ppl will give their feedback, but till now, its all about adapting :)
PS: night elf + popup shotgun + max armor + deagle = dominating other team :D

this.

+1 cyber.

everyone needs to realize, that if you're getting your ass kicked, maybe it's not the race you're fighting against's fault for being OP, maybe it's your fault for not playing a good race to counter it.

maynard
01-01-2011, 04:50 PM
everyone needs to realize, that if you're getting your ass kicked, maybe it's not the race you're fighting against's fault for being OP, maybe it's your fault for not playing a good race to counter it.

Lol... ive been telling ppl this the entire time. WCS isn't about just playing what race you want 2 lvl at the time, it's a constant battle of countering what the other team has picked for races.

Tickle Me Emo
01-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Lol... ive been telling ppl this the entire time. WCS isn't about just playing what race you want 2 lvl at the time, it's a constant battle of countering what the other team has picked for races.

+1 to this and the previous 2 posts.

Superman
01-03-2011, 04:31 PM
Ok, I love spiderman, if anyone remember it was my fav class. I finally have it again and my only argument with it, which hasn't changed, is that when spiderman uses his web, he doesn't go SPLAT on the floor. I think the web should include taking less fall damage. Not unlimited, but enough to where he doesn't die when falling from his web. Just like the comics. The more points you put into web the less damage you take during a fall.

maynard
01-03-2011, 04:33 PM
the point is 2 not encourage booting around the map at lightning speeds.... if a person wants 2 do that, then they're taking the risk of dying from either fall, or slamming into the walls 2 hard... which is always funny.

Superman
01-03-2011, 04:35 PM
the point is 2 not encourage booting around the map at lightning speeds.... if a person wants 2 do that, then they're taking the risk of dying from either fall, or slamming into the walls 2 hard... which is always funny.

As funny as it may be, its not realistic though, spiderman lands safetly jumping from sevral stories up. Im also not saying take 0 damage, but reduced damage.

maynard
01-03-2011, 04:44 PM
As funny as it may be, its not realistic though, spiderman lands safetly jumping from sevral stories up. Im also not saying take 0 damage, but reduced damage.

we base our races on what balances them amongst the rest, not comic book accuracy.... ya nerd lol

Superman
01-03-2011, 04:57 PM
we base our races on what balances them amongst the rest, not comic book accuracy.... ya nerd lol

I am a nerd...lol, but seriously, it doesn't have to be a full negation of damage, but a reduction per point would be decent and would work for what he is.

CYBER
01-04-2011, 01:54 AM
i used to love seeing the spiderman race webzip around...
but EVERY fucking time i use the ultimate i splat to my own death... my kdr dropped by fucking 0.12 just last night -.-
also , i thought that socks of the feathers can prevent zipping damage....apparently it only works on falling damage? i.e u have to stop zipping in mid air and fall? am i wrong?

acolyte_to_jippity
01-04-2011, 01:56 AM
i used to love seeing the spiderman race webzip around...
but EVERY fucking time i use the ultimate i splat to my own death... my kdr dropped by fucking 0.12 just last night -.-
also , i thought that socks of the feathers can prevent zipping damage....apparently it only works on falling damage? i.e u have to stop zipping in mid air and fall? am i wrong?

...they lower your gravity

Masskid
01-05-2011, 11:35 PM
Think this race should be limited

CYBER
01-06-2011, 01:51 AM
it already is .
1 per team max. why ask?

Masskid
01-06-2011, 04:26 PM
it already is .
1 per team max. why ask?

I swear i've seen 2 on a team >.< idk

Superman
01-06-2011, 04:40 PM
it already is .
1 per team max. why ask?

Its not limited. Not yet.

CYBER
01-07-2011, 12:03 PM
Its not limited. Not yet.

hmm well it should be 1 for team until new races show up... after the uber strong races show up it could be switched to 2?... just askin

Superman
01-07-2011, 04:14 PM
hmm well it should be 1 for team until new races show up... after the uber strong races show up it could be switched to 2?... just askin

I agree, if you have more than one, the team usually dominates untill i even teams out...lol

Wolfenstinger
01-07-2011, 04:42 PM

spiderman... op? :lmao:

Blackmage
01-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Wolf: We're without most of our speed classes, so, for the moment, it feels like it is. Once everyone starts zipping by, hopefully it will seem less so :) And without Athena making them buy necklace or a gun :P

Christmas
01-07-2011, 11:38 PM
The one issue with a lot of the higher races is that there are many races missing (athena immediately comes to mind) to counter, making them very OP at the moment.

Thankfully the necklace of immunity works against vaga's teleport, so that should make things easier for the time being.

ZERO
01-08-2011, 04:20 AM

Updated descriptions

maynard
01-22-2011, 06:40 PM
how come spidey is set to 1 per team?

ZERO
01-23-2011, 01:29 PM
It is not that is just a bug that is apparently fixed in the next patch.

taz1stP
02-07-2011, 04:57 PM
can we get a limit on this b/c i see one team dominating and they have a shit load of spider man.

ZERO
02-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Actually here is the balance change I was thinking for this race. As we know you get awarded more xp when killing a race of a higher level. With 8 levels per ability its max level is 32 which is the same as the orc and other base races. This means that when killed a fully leveled spiderman will give the same amount of xp. If the leveling were raised to 10 it would be 40 and all races that cap out under 40 would revive the bonus for making kills even when maxed. In addation it will also increase the difficulty leveling the race.

In the past the levels per ability did not matter as much except for the largely unbalanced races it did not effect balance. This is becuase there was no max level you could reach for a given race back then. As a result we may need to dramatically increase the max level for these higher races in order to balance them correctly in the new version.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Actually here is the balance change I was thinking for this race. As we know you get awarded more xp when killing a race of a higher level. With 8 levels per ability its max level is 32 which is the same as the orc and other base races. This means that when killed a fully leveled spiderman will give the same amount of xp. If the leveling were raised to 10 it would be 40 and all races that cap out under 40 would revive the bonus for making kills even when maxed. In addation it will also increase the difficulty leveling the race.

In the past the levels per ability did not matter as much except for the largely unbalanced races it did not effect balance. This is becuase there was no max level you could reach for a given race back then. As a result we may need to dramatically increase the max level for these higher races in order to balance them correctly in the new version.

or allow overleveling?

and that isn't much of a balance change. even if the races that cap out under 40 get the bonus xp when maxe...so what? not like it does anything for them. they're maxed.

ZERO
02-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Actually it does in that the xp difference matters for ranking. As it would be harder to level it also reduces the number of maxed out spiders that can be on the server at one time. In addition I was thinking to limit some shop items from this race as well.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-07-2011, 10:37 PM
personally, i think that people are just pissed because spidey is on an "up" right now. it's a fun race, an folks like playing it. as we get more and more races back, it's use will go down

Tickle Me Emo
02-07-2011, 11:33 PM
personally, i think that people are just pissed because spidey is on an "up" right now. it's a fun race, an folks like playing it. as we get more and more races back, it's use will go down

Plus we don't have Athena. People have yet to find out what a bastard Athena is for speed races.

Still, I'd say this is one of the more powerful races overall right now.

ZERO
02-10-2011, 02:23 AM

Updated ultimate so that it can not be used when a player with immunity is within 30ft. This applies both to the starting point and the target point. If there is a player with immunity within 30ft of either point it will fail.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-10-2011, 02:38 AM

o.O wow. that's the single best nerf i can think of. very nice, restricting the destination as well.

StarsMine
02-10-2011, 09:21 AM
I do agree o.O
I didnt really think the class needed a nerf, but damn that should work just fine and stop the bitching

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-12-2011, 07:11 PM
it was brought to my attention just now that there is no longer a spider man team restriction? there currently is 6 spidermans playing in the server atm and the server is continuly crashing.
i dont know if there should be or not.

i was also told that a lvl 8 player was playing spiderman.. it seems to be that the level restriction is not keeping people from playing spiderman.

ZERO
02-12-2011, 07:29 PM
There is no level restriction. However I think that i should install a clamp on the acceleration in the event that that is the cause of the problems.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-12-2011, 07:31 PM
There is no level restriction. However I think that i should install a clamp on the acceleration in the event that that is the cause of the problems.

so its normal for some one to join the server for the first time and beable to play spider man?...

i just witnessed it now with a new player.

ZERO
02-13-2011, 07:34 PM
what!?

maynard
02-13-2011, 08:12 PM
...lol

Dj panda
04-06-2011, 03:28 PM
This race needs a restriction in the begging of round so they cant get to other spawn in 5 secounds, Its completley unfair.

ZERO
04-08-2011, 04:02 PM
well I had written a long post about how I am adjusting this race but at that exact moment that I submit it deletes. So just know that dmg races are getting a buff against this race in the next big update. This will be done by making it so that spider man can only evade dmg directly from the weapons themselves.

StarsMine
04-08-2011, 04:50 PM
FUCK! I havnt maxed spidy yet

ZERO
04-08-2011, 05:51 PM

Improved performance of hit based abilities
Improved filtering to prevent ability dmg stacking
Made it so that evade can only activate on stock projectile weapons. These are now controlled individually so it is possible to create a buff to a given weapons effectiveness against this race. Such a buff may be possibly issued to the elliets in order to buff the hells hunter against this race.

Spasm
04-24-2011, 08:03 PM
well I had written a long post about how I am adjusting this race but at that exact moment that I submit it deletes. So just know that dmg races are getting a buff against this race in the next big update. This will be done by making it so that spider man can only evade dmg directly from the weapons themselves.

The reason why this race is OP is not because of the evade, not in the least. It is the ultimate and with it the ability to move across the map so fast. I think it needs a trail with it like succubus. On most maps a spider man can be in your spawn in seconds, and it's so difficult to target them with them jumping and webslinging around you so much. I went 65-6 today on dust2 with spiderman, and it was almost laughable at the advantage I had over the other people.

And no, athena won't fix this shit. It's called a necklace.

StarsMine
06-11-2011, 12:51 PM
God damn it >.<
Spidy with 200 HP is so god damn OP. Point black put a whole clip in, 14 shots go in, only do 149 damage the rest he fucking evades.

ZERO
07-08-2011, 04:46 PM

Restricted from using boots of speed, cloak, helm and orb of frost

Masskid
07-12-2011, 11:57 AM
oh darn, now what do i buy with spider man now :(

ChosenofChaos
10-25-2011, 11:57 PM
Spiderman needs a serious race limitation. Earlier today (yesterday) I was playing on dust 2 with 10 spiderman on the map. One not only does all hell break loose it also causes a lot of frustration to the players especially newcomers. I've seen quite a few newcomers come and go due to spiderman fiends. I believe a race restriction of 1-2 should be placed as soon as possible cause the server is losing quite a few players to this debacle.

SCRIBBLE
10-26-2011, 02:02 PM
I get frustrated with it because it gets to that point more and more often now. I'm still against restricting it because I believe the teams should work together to balance it out.

But I have been a lot less active in WCS because it gets boring after a while when this happens.

brett friggin favre
10-26-2011, 04:54 PM
what i hate seeing is someone with like 200k+ experience on spider man. like really.....just stop. thats why i favor a limit, just to limit the possibilities of people doing that. it's annoying.

ChosenofChaos
10-26-2011, 05:22 PM
Before I was like that too Scribble but now as more and more Players have it it's starting to get out of hand. This race alone is causing the server to lose lots a players and makes it a ghost town when players simply "whore" it out. I have don't have much of a problem with the race except for its ability to instantly get to spawn on certain maps and its evasion being as high as night elf's. I also agree with brett as well now more and more players come to the server and exclusively play just spiderman which isn't that much of a problem till other players get frustrated and its starts a full on spidey conflict where everybody just swaps to spiderman. Playing with 8-10 spiderman on the server is not fun I don't care what any one says it simply destroys the fun in the game and makes the server a ghost town as everyone leaves due to the sheer frustration of playing in such conditions. If 2-3 spidermen can wipe out half a team in seconds imagine 5 spidermen coming into to spawn seconds after freezetime is over. Not fun...

Dj panda
11-13-2011, 04:23 PM
Restrict it so it cant buy laces, this will fix the op problem, and make it so that the world damage is increased 10 fold, and the cooldown is longer.

taz1stP
11-13-2011, 09:50 PM
hey ninja dont brake him i think it would be good if they restrict lace but make it spawn with socks.

acolyte_to_jippity
11-14-2011, 01:27 AM
hey ninja dont brake him i think it would be good if they restrict lace but make it spawn with socks.

no. increase falling damage, a small ( 1-2 second) cooldown, and no necklaces. then it might be alright, though the fucking evasion is still too high

ZERO
11-14-2011, 02:54 AM
something that made me think of, I wonder if for some races rather than restrict an item make it so there is an additional cost to it. Basically you make it so that particular types of races have an additional cost to using particular items unless they have an immunity to the costs. For example what if when spider buys the lace it has a faster fall speed (ie higher gravity) due to its inability to handle the weight of the item.

In theory you could apply things like this to other races in order to establish more advanced item balancing on a per race basis rather than just restrict it's use. Basically you make items something that not only can easily just beef you up but may come with an additional cost depending on the type of class you use it with.

ShadedFlash
11-14-2011, 05:15 AM
That would be a lot of description to fit into each race some how. Maybe just change the prices for items that you don't want certain races having?

Like for Spidey, Lace would be 7k instead of 3500, so while its not completely off the table, it much much harder to get and will most likely have crap weapons unless they're ct and constantly rescuing hosties or something.

acolyte_to_jippity
11-14-2011, 09:14 AM
something that made me think of, I wonder if for some races rather than restrict an item make it so there is an additional cost to it. Basically you make it so that particular types of races have an additional cost to using particular items unless they have an immunity to the costs. For example what if when spider buys the lace it has a faster fall speed (ie higher gravity) due to its inability to handle the weight of the item.

In theory you could apply things like this to other races in order to establish more advanced item balancing on a per race basis rather than just restrict it's use. Basically you make items something that not only can easily just beef you up but may come with an additional cost depending on the type of class you use it with.

or you just do what we've been suggesting this whole time...

Chikun
11-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Why not nerf the evasion a little more and increase the cooldown of weblines to 1.5-2 seconds. Problem solved without the need to break the class.

It frustrates me that I can put three in someones head and they evade it all and they just unload with the pro-90 (:rolleyes:) to kill me. It's such a crutch it makes my eyes bleed. Countless times I've seen my damage output to a spiderman be 400-500 damage and they evade everything.

HypeRNT
01-16-2012, 10:50 AM
I think just making the ult have a starting cool down of 20 seconds before able to use the web lines would be perfect. This way we dont get assraped by a spider man that is in your spwn before you are done buying weapons.

Blackmage
01-16-2012, 02:56 PM
You will find the reply to "before you are done buying weapons." being: learn to use one of the following: Learn what buys what, so you're not taking that long, use the quick buys/rebuy, use ankh. Most people are able to buy weapons before the enemy gets to their base. A more acceptable complaint would be "killing/attacking us in our spawn before we have time to it".

HypeRNT
01-16-2012, 03:06 PM
You will find the reply to "before you are done buying weapons." being: learn to use one of the following: Learn what buys what, so you're not taking that long, use the quick buys/rebuy, use ankh. Most people are able to buy weapons before the enemy gets to their base. A more acceptable complaint would be "killing/attacking us in our spawn before we have time to it".

Im not sure if you are srs with this posts. You seem to recognize that spiderman can get to your spwn way to quickly, yet you critisize the time it takes for people to buy guns being what? longer then 3-5 seconds? 1. not ever1 has key's binded to buy same shit over and over. 2. not every1 can afford an anhk. 3. not everyone is as fast as others.

The point here is clear, the ultimate of spiderman needs a bigger cooldown so we dont end up having bombs planted within few seconds of spwning on multiple maps, much like vegabond should also have an ult cooldown at the start, so they cant spwn kill ppl who r buying guns or anything else.

These arent big changes, and atleast dont seem that it would be hard to change the cooldown of 1 or 2 skills. But i think it would be much more balanced in terms of spiderman and vega being able to get to places way to quickly making some maps unplayable.

Blackmage
01-16-2012, 03:29 PM
The fact that people are choosing to not use the 4 auto buy buttons in their main buy screen, the rebuy option, and the autobuy option, the last of which I have no idea what does, is a poor reason to nerf spiderman.

As for the rest, I don't know what I'm arguing against. What are you buying that takes you more than 8 seconds (6 in buy portion, 2 in the time it takes spiderman to get into range) in rounds after you didn't have enough to buy an ankh?

maynard
01-16-2012, 04:33 PM
who gives a fuck if it gets 2 the enemy spawn quickly? cause the enemy spawn will still have the majority of the entire enemy team very close by... derp.

so unless your entire team is a bunch of fail nubs, there's 0 reason 2 bitch on that matter. the server is generally full, and if your entire team is scared of 1-2 spidermans, well... sounds more like a personal problem 2 me.

HypeRNT
01-16-2012, 05:37 PM
who gives a fuck if it gets 2 the enemy spawn quickly? cause the enemy spawn will still have the majority of the entire enemy team very close by... derp.

so unless your entire team is a bunch of fail nubs, there's 0 reason 2 bitch on that matter. the server is generally full, and if your entire team is scared of 1-2 spidermans, well... sounds more like a personal problem 2 me.

This is exactly what i mean, it honestly seems like you dont play enough to see the problem spider-man presents on some of the maps. You keep assuming that people playing spiderman are some total nubs who cant aim think or do anything besides rush spwn. Spiderman is hard to kill even when your shotting him due to his evading skills which i have no problem with. My point was he gets to area's he shouldnt get WAY TO QUICKLY for the other team to cover or get rdy for.

Now Blackmage i never said you need to nerf spidey because of slower players, i said he just needs a cooldown on his ult at the START of the round so he cant get to places like the other teams spwn/bomb site and few other areas that present problems to the other team very early in the round.

Right now we are arguing that every race on this server is perfect the way it is because it seems every time i post a small suggestion i got ppl attacking me like im trying to fucking kill the server, its kind of annoying, if you cant take suggestions or criticism's maybe having an open forum isn't the best idea?

maynard
01-16-2012, 05:48 PM
it honestly seems like you dont play enough to see the problem spider-man presents on some of the maps.

LMFAO that's uber funny. Ive been playing that server for going on 3 years now, I wrote the rules for it, I have like 1700 hours logged on it, and am the most knowledgeable person when it comes 2 the server, the races, how they function, how they should function and where they should be in relation 2 how they originally worked. The only other person who even comes remotely close 2 myself on the topic of WCS is blackmage... you know... that guy you just recently tried 2 claim is new 2 the server or doesn't know anything about it (lawl)

You sir, are a dolt and all you do is run your ignorant mouth constantly. If a spiderman is in your spawn in 6 seconds, and you and your team get pwwnd, deal with it, yall suck and that's all there is 2 it.

I do fucking laps around you when it comes 2 invested time in that server. I haven't been on the last several months due 2 playing other games which like most people I enjoy doing once in a while, not 2 mention I'm also the only constant active clan member which means I spend the majority of my time dealing with petty issues between people in this community and tracking admins down 2 either inform them of proper protocol, or 2 issue warnings. Your ignorance is amazing.

It's not that I think people playing spiderman are total nubs, I think it's people like you who know jack shit about the server but pretend you do on a regular basis and complain about everything are the total nubs.

Blackmage
01-16-2012, 06:11 PM
The reasons people respond as they do are twofold. First, many of the things you've mentioned have been said before, sometimes by many people. Second, we disagree with them. I will agree that some people's responses are... less than helpful, but for my part, I'm trying to show you WHY I disagree with them, or to try and get you to expound.

As such, let me see if I have this correct. The complaint is that Spiderman gets into position too fast so that other than other spidermen on most maps, vagabonds on some maps. You were trying to use getting into spawn as an example. You want the starting cooldown lengthened to compensate. This about sum it up?

Perfect, the races are NOT. Also, "as it is" isn't what we're arguing. What we're arguing is that we have some races coming that will change how the server plays. That we don't want to change something that will have another useful counter coming out. While it is taking longer than we hoped to have the server running back where it was before the Mac update, the meta that existed then and likely a slight variation of that, is what we're arguing.

HypeRNT
01-16-2012, 06:57 PM
The reasons people respond as they do are twofold. First, many of the things you've mentioned have been said before, sometimes by many people. Second, we disagree with them. I will agree that some people's responses are... less than helpful, but for my part, I'm trying to show you WHY I disagree with them, or to try and get you to expound.

As such, let me see if I have this correct. The complaint is that Spiderman gets into position too fast so that other than other spidermen on most maps, vagabonds on some maps. You were trying to use getting into spawn as an example. You want the starting cooldown lengthened to compensate. This about sum it up?

Perfect, the races are NOT. Also, "as it is" isn't what we're arguing. What we're arguing is that we have some races coming that will change how the server plays. That we don't want to change something that will have another useful counter coming out. While it is taking longer than we hoped to have the server running back where it was before the Mac update, the meta that existed then and likely a slight variation of that, is what we're arguing.

First of all, all i do is run my mouth? your funny check my posts i have a huge total eh? that's one big mouth. Second, since blackmage has decided to actually post a response and not a random useless flame, il reply to him. Stated in your second paragraph "The complaint is that Spiderman gets into position too fast so that other than other spidermen on most maps, vagabonds on some maps." This is not a complaint, this is a mere observation which i then proceeded to give an educated answer which some people here seem to PMS if there is any negative feedback or suggestions to THEIR races/server.

You have not mentioned anything about any other races countering spiderman in any of your previous posts, and what im saying here is that there is no problem, i personally use this race pretty often or any time i need to catch up on kills. What i posted in my original post was that, it would be helpful if he had a cooldown much like many other races that take maybe 10 seconds after you are allowed to move before their ults are active. This would be a simple suggestion to a simple problem which is spiderman can get to bomb sites to quick(doll's as an example) or vega(westwood/aztec) before any of the other CT's could get to the bombsites to cover or to properly get rdy for such action.

Now this is just 1 small problem, but its also a small quick and easy fix/tweak or what ever you want to call that wont cause any tear's to some of the forum poster's. Thats all i said, im not sure were all this hate/flaming is coming from considering i have not said negative thing about a single person on the server or on the forums.

maynard
01-16-2012, 07:03 PM
what part of we're not changing the races till we have re-released the rest of them don't you understand?

I could draw you a picture with crayons, would that help you comprehend that fact? we're not fucking with the races till we have the server back 2 where it originally was. once it is back 2 where it was, we will start doing minor tweaks on the races, and start implementing new races.

how many times do you need 2 be told the same thing before you get it, honestly?

Blackmage
01-16-2012, 07:21 PM
First, learn to quote multiple things, or at least don't quote me then respond to maynard :P I thought I had said you were running your mouth :)

Second...

considering i have not said negative thing about a single person on the server or on the forums

people here seem to PMS

At times you are, at best, haughty, at worst, trollish. That, coupled with the reasons I gave in the other post, added to the fact that people on the forums are just like that, is why you see all the hate/flame. It's how we deal with people here :)

As for dealing with Spiderman, what would be your opinion of shortening some other race's ultis, such as human, beast and die xonvert, instead? Do you think this would help? Athena and Night elf? Just wondering what your opinion is on what the issue is. Because, don't forget, when you respawn, you have to wait for your ulti to CD again, which can be a reason for or against lengthening the time for his ulti.

Another thing, we will have a thread for things like this. Our old one: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/2257-WCS-Race-Balance/page2

HypeRNT
01-16-2012, 08:18 PM
First, learn to quote multiple things, or at least don't quote me then respond to maynard :P I thought I had said you were running your mouth :)

Second...

At times you are, at best, haughty, at worst, trollish. That, coupled with the reasons I gave in the other post, added to the fact that people on the forums are just like that, is why you see all the hate/flame. It's how we deal with people here :)

As for dealing with Spiderman, what would be your opinion of shortening some other race's ultis, such as human, beast and die xonvert, instead? Do you think this would help? Athena and Night elf? Just wondering what your opinion is on what the issue is. Because, don't forget, when you respawn, you have to wait for your ulti to CD again, which can be a reason for or against lengthening the time for his ulti.

Another thing, we will have a thread for things like this. Our old one: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/2257-WCS-Race-Balance/page2

Well to old threads ive been told not to necro, which some1 told me it means don't post on old threads. Am i naughty? only when some1 is being an asshole to me will i ever attempt to be an ass back. I understand, you wont make any changes to any of these races until you get your server back to normal. With that said, did i ask for a change today? tomorrow? sometime soon? I don't think i did, i just thought it would be a good idea that's all.

I figured hey il post here some feedback ive been getting from playing in the server(with every race i have unlocked, which is all of them) and i thought it be a civilized topic seeing how some of these members are OWNERs of server/site you would think they would be able to communicate a little better without insults at the first chance they get.

As to shortening human? elf? ults? why? did some1 suggest that? they already have pretty short cool down, at least human does. Comparing those races and spiderman r 2 very different things. Just because you can die and get revived doesn't mean that's a reason to keep your ult short just so you can use it right away. I would assume that's why you have EVADE for exactly these times were you are in trouble and need to get out of a tight spot.

I think this is turning into a very heated convo which is not what i intended, and id rather move onto some other topic of conversation before it gets any more heated. Been great debate rather and i hope we can get some creative posts on some other topic sometime soon.:icon_mrgreen:

Blackmage
01-16-2012, 08:51 PM
Er, for old threads, I was just showing how the feedback thread worked. That thread is locked, so you couldn't necro if you wanted to :P

The problem is you were asking for a change without having seen it with all of it's checks and balances. That's what we're trying to say. If that change is still relevant once everything is ready, THEN would be the time to make it. Yes, you're spitballing, which would be fine, but the problem is, we believe this problem will not be once everything is said and done.

As for the shortening, if you shortened those ones, they would be able to get to the places when spidey does. Athena and NE would be able to stall fast rushes or escapes more easily. Trying to see what part exactly you feel needs to be balanced more, and if there are alternative solutions.

BladeTwinSwords
01-28-2012, 12:04 AM
There is currently an issue with Spiderman. Apparently some of the shots from any gun may trigger the web shooters freeze ability when it's not supposed to at all unless you hit them with the web.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-28-2012, 12:10 AM
There is currently an issue with Spiderman. Apparently some of the shots from any gun may trigger the web shooters freeze ability when it's not supposed to at all unless you hit them with the web.

no....they've always had that as an on-hit ability. the ult effect was in addition.

BladeTwinSwords
01-28-2012, 12:16 AM
no....they've always had that as an on-hit ability. the ult effect was in addition.

Web-shooters: 13-31% chance to entangle enemy in web

In web. Not with gun.

Spasm
01-28-2012, 07:02 AM

As far as I can remember this is true, despite what the description might say

maynard
01-28-2012, 08:59 PM
As far as I can remember this is true, despite what the description might say

yupyupyup

brett friggin favre
01-28-2012, 09:32 PM
yeah never pay attention to the descriptions. like void ultimates. 50-77% chance. just that there's a chance that "it" will happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERTT_sv8sV0

blackmail242
02-29-2012, 08:26 AM
well I posted this a while ago but now I wish to re-post it: is there going to be an update to increase the timer at spawn? In other words is there going to be a delay between when they can use the webs and when we can take our first step? The reason I ask this is because between the vagabond and spiderman I noticed they both are able to use their ultimate instantly at the beginning while tele races like human have a 5 second cool down (out of the normal 30 I know) in which they can be killed. I figure a single update to increase the time at which you can first use the webs would be better then making a few to lower others. :/ Just food for thought.

ZERO
03-20-2012, 02:40 AM

Confirmed CODE is 100% same as 1.0.5

ZERO
06-26-2012, 11:19 PM

Changed long jump to be correct values

ZERO
06-29-2012, 12:26 PM

Updated force mult for weblines to use *.25 for correct OB conversion.

Masskid
07-22-2012, 09:49 PM
The Web lines are alittle sluggish, you told me to remind you ;)

ZERO
07-23-2012, 03:26 PM

Removed *.25 force mult on weblines
Changed nature of weblines so they work better when a player is using them while in the air but not when running on the ground.

ZERO
02-25-2013, 03:00 AM
Note to self, all races using the push method of movement like spider and vags do not move on a straight line toward target as intended or upward for that matter. This is due to engine gravity effects creating an undesired parabola on the resultant vector. Solution is to after reprogramming to give races 0 grav when >30 units away from target so they will move as originally intended.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-25-2013, 08:03 AM
Note to self, all races using the push method of movement like spider and vags do not move on a straight line toward target as intended or upward for that matter. This is due to engine gravity effects creating an undesired parabola on the resultant vector. Solution is to after reprogramming to give races 0 grav when >30 units away from target so they will move as originally intended.

might i point out that people have become accustomed to the movements of these races as-is, and that changing them MIGHT not be the best plan? unless ths is going to result in a back-handed nerf, it might be better to leave this one alone.

Wolfenstinger
02-25-2013, 09:33 AM
I'd say DO YOUR WORSE. Cause if it happens like that, then people will just readjust their play styles to it, adapt, or just not play the race anymore because they don't feel like putting effort into it. Essentially, one of the 3 will happen if this happens.

What
02-25-2013, 01:39 PM
No more dive bombing for you then wolfy

ZERO
02-25-2013, 02:06 PM
This would make things like performaing a vertical climb much easier. It would actually be more like a buff for spider the rest would not be impacted that much.

Wolfenstinger
02-25-2013, 02:37 PM
No more dive bombing for you then wolfy

Me? Dive Bombing? Nahhh.... I'm just no scoping.... with a very long knife :smirk:

Masskid
02-25-2013, 03:26 PM
me? Dive bombing? Nahhh.... I'm just no scoping.... With a very long knife :smirk:
so those are your hacks!!

acolyte_to_jippity
02-25-2013, 11:31 PM
This would make things like performaing a vertical climb much easier. It would actually be more like a buff for spider the rest would not be impacted that much.

DEAR GOD NO!!!

seriously. don't buff spider man.

ZERO
01-25-2014, 05:17 PM

CYBER
01-25-2014, 07:43 PM
DEAR GOD NO!!!

seriously. don't buff spider man.

I LOL'd.

i was under the impression that bash and webshooters already worked on flyers? and crippled their flight before? Was it not working as intented?

What
01-25-2014, 07:44 PM
Yeah, I have definitely seen bash and web shooters stop guys mid air before.

ZERO
01-25-2014, 08:19 PM
they could get out of it if they wanted to this makes that impossible. Or for example they get hit and then take off to undo the penalty.

What
01-25-2014, 08:31 PM
I like how updates reveal what particular ways people are currently douching it with certain races.

ZERO
01-26-2014, 01:12 AM
Not sure if anyone was actually trying to do that but I figured I could release a quick patch anyways when I realized they could.

Passarelli
08-26-2014, 10:14 PM
Please restrict this race to require a minimum of 6 people (non bots) on the server when maxed (level 32). This is another race that kills servers.

Bash races (when maxed) should bet set to something like one for every 3 people per team. So 6 people playing allows 1 per team, 12 people playing allows 2 per team, and 18 people playing allows 3 per team. The races in this category are Human, Spider Man, Die Xonvert and Jack (not technically bash but close enough for government work).

ZERO
10-22-2014, 05:47 PM
Reprogramming Started

ZERO
10-22-2014, 06:24 PM
Same protection system as bash implemented. You can not have the ability apply to a player who is currently bashed and there is a 2 second cool down from when the ability triggers.

ZERO
10-22-2014, 06:38 PM
Race is on test server for FINAL RELEASE TESTING.

ZERO
10-25-2014, 11:56 PM
Will now have a .25 cooldown instead of .1

ZERO
10-27-2014, 08:45 PM

Initial Release of reprogrammed version