PDA

View Full Version : Weird

Superman
12-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Im not sure what to make of it. I wasn't looking to catch anyone hacking. I just happen to see someone pointing in the sky and then get an instant head shot. Nothing special, usually normal players aren't aiming in the air and getting head shots. Here's the demo, think of it what you will.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-29-2010, 04:05 PM
...what exactly are we looking at here?

like, seriously. i on't see anything...except maybe fallen ace. but in those cases, he jumpe slightly whenever he starte shooting, but not while he kept fireing, and never got a kill.

and why were you demoing if you weren't looking for a hacker? is this like random phone-taps to catch terrorists?

Superman
12-29-2010, 04:07 PM
I haven't watched the demo, like i said, it might be a glitch. but look at viet, his mouse is pointed in the air and then he gets a headshot.

Superman
12-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Tick 5500. I am specing BigRed (who originall had the messed up screen), when he gets killed by Viet, you see viet go after another guy. While his crosshairs are in the sky, he gets a head shot. If you keep watching after that he does it a few more times.

Superman
12-29-2010, 04:12 PM
and actually after watching it again, Fallen_Angel is looking in the air as well when he shoots. Thus why I think its a glitch. Not sure if its wcs related or if its css related.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-29-2010, 04:13 PM
i don't see it. viet din't get nay headshots. i think that it's just the screen being tilted made the demo look fucked up.

BladeTwinSwords
12-29-2010, 04:18 PM
It's a weird glitch in WCS where your view is tilted or peoples locations are not where you think they are.

maynard
12-29-2010, 04:22 PM
don't triple post...

dice
12-29-2010, 05:48 PM
This is a bug. Happens to bots in listen servers a lot. The client screens look normal but to spectators/HLTV the screen is skewed, and the crosshair with it. Not unlike spec/HLTV not showing lag compensation/interp/certain animations.