PDA

View Full Version : VIP Support!?

ZERO
01-14-2011, 04:34 AM
Back in the 1.6 days VIP maps were part of regular pub play however when css came out valve removed it. I can add VIP back if you guys want it or would you rather just have a dedicated 20 slot vip server? :smirk:

acolyte_to_jippity
01-14-2011, 09:57 AM
Back in the 1.6 days VIP maps were part of regular pub play however when css came out valve removed it. I can add VIP back if you guys want it or would you rather just have a dedicated 20 slot vip server? :smirk:

that was the mode where you're trying to protect winston churchill, right?

ZERO
01-14-2011, 01:00 PM
One player on the ct team spawns as a vip where they have a pistol only and 200 armor. The maps for this were as_ and the vip needed to get to the safe zone. If the died or time ran out the ct team lost.

Link
01-14-2011, 01:19 PM
That sounds like an awesome idea.

Personally, I think a dedicated server would be cool, but if it wouldn't generate enough traffic to be viable, adding it into the pub would work as a plan B.

stalin
01-14-2011, 02:19 PM
wow, i forgot vip maps once existed. could try it on the pub a bit and see if it catches on. got my vote:wtg:

B1ackOut
01-14-2011, 08:02 PM
i think it would be a great idea but is there enough vip maps for a dedicated server?

dice
01-14-2011, 11:20 PM
This would be totally awesome to perk up those slow nights where EVERYONE complains about maps being just played or overplayed.

I'd love VIP maps in the pub :D

ricochet
01-23-2011, 12:11 PM
I don't seem to recall THAT many VIP maps back then.

Having said that, I do feel that they were a good change of pace from de and cs maps.

I don't think a dedicated server would be viable unless you were absolutely certain that enough players in your current player base here in IBIS would play it. You can get an easy gauge on that by introducing them into the rotation in the pub. If I know they are there, I'll definitely make sure they are played occasionally one way or another.

WeApOn
01-26-2011, 08:09 PM
!!! Was just talking about VIP maps the other day. I would love to see these come back regularly. Didn't even know they had these still around.

chase
01-26-2011, 10:49 PM
I want it, and I want it now.

I doubt there would be enough traffic for a separate server though. I'm willing to bet half the people in the servers weren't even around in 1.6 to know what VIP maps were all about.

If it wont hurt ya, I guess go for it and see how it goes?

:3VOLV3D:
02-01-2011, 11:12 AM
Throwing in my support for VIP maps w00 w00:wtg:

Hitman
02-05-2011, 08:43 AM
Not a bad idea Zero. We could give it a try and see what kind of traffic this creates for us.

Spasm
02-05-2011, 08:50 AM
Anyone remember oilrig, fucking EPIC. I think some as_ maps should be added to pub, they are pretty fun if you ask me.

Danimal Sheahon
03-28-2011, 11:10 PM
legit we were totally talking about this the other day in pub. honestly sounds like a great idea. but first, circulate it through the pub for a month, get a sight picture on how many people with want it and would want to play it all the time. if you add the, ill be sure to make sure they are played at least once or twice a day. at the minimum.

Smiley
03-30-2011, 08:32 PM
Anyone remember oilrig, fucking EPIC. I think some as_ maps should be added to pub, they are pretty fun if you ask me.

Oilrig! What an awesome map! I think it's a good idea to get a vip map played in the pub a few times a night, it would get people interested in playing some others.