PDA

View Full Version : Force player to correct weapon

ZERO
01-26-2011, 11:47 PM
I had and idea for players that do not have the weapon pickup disabled on their client. What if when they picked up a weapon that was not the correct one it automatically selected the correct weapon for them.

The only problem is that you still have a delay before you can fire but when you can at least it will be the correct weapon.

So what do you guys think? Is this better than shooting with the wrong weapon or should I just leave it alone. (the mod is already finished)

chase
01-27-2011, 12:23 AM
I think its a good idea. People will complain about not getting a level for killing somebody with the right weapon or if they die from having to wait for the weapon to be ready to shoot; might as well give them the right weapon.

If they die by the time the weapon is ready to shoot, chances are they were going to die with the wrong weapon anyways.

Hopefully that made sense.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-27-2011, 01:33 AM
meh, i've always believe that making things idiot-proof is counterintuitive. people need to pay attention. if they end p picking up the wrong weapon (this only really happens on pistol/knife/nade level, then they shoul know to change.

ZERO
01-27-2011, 03:36 PM
The point is to make the switch automated to decrease the time the player is effected by walking over a weapon such as a smg when they have a pistol.

ZERO
01-27-2011, 11:45 PM
OK I think I have a way to make it instant but it is going to take a few weeks to develop.

Kavinsky
01-28-2011, 11:15 PM
Zero what is your ultimate goal with this?

I mean first the gore mod that kills the frame rate of everyone, then the fact that the servers map repositiory is so big that it causes maps like wolfenstein 3d and mario reloaded to break whenever you try to play them and now this?

at this point zero the gungame server needs to be completely redone I mean its gone from this
http://www.cars-directory.net/pics/ford/thunderbird/1989/ford_thunderbird_2238753.jpg

to this

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xRFNBWST25E/Shlw0xk9w1I/AAAAAAAADkU/xj2Dz_NojUM/s400/Live+Grass+and+Waterfall+Ford+Art+Car.jpg

&&toasties
01-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Zero what is your ultimate goal with this?

I mean first the gore mod that kills the frame rate of everyone, then the fact that the servers map repositiory is so big that it causes maps like wolfenstein 3d and mario reloaded to break whenever you try to play them and now this?

at this point zero the gungame server needs to be completely redone I mean its gone from this
http://www.cars-directory.net/pics/ford/thunderbird/1989/ford_thunderbird_2238753.jpg

to this

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xRFNBWST25E/Shlw0xk9w1I/AAAAAAAADkU/xj2Dz_NojUM/s400/Live+Grass+and+Waterfall+Ford+Art+Car.jpg

Seriously Kavinsky.

You know I like you and all, but honestly, if you hate the servers, clan, and people so much, why stick around?

I think you have a faith that you can't repress...Come back and play, and support ZERO as he has a lot to do.

ZERO
01-31-2011, 02:56 PM
Also the only issue with the gore mod was the gibs that only effected clients with low end systems. The gibs were removed and so was the issue. On another note players with low end systems are always going to have problems and there is only so much that can be done with regard to that.

ZERO
01-31-2011, 05:14 PM
Oh shit, got it working perfect. I catch the pickup and block the swap!

Kavinsky
02-01-2011, 06:23 AM
I just pop in once in awhile to see what some of the threads are and tentoes told me about the new members so I'd figure I'd might as well take a look

but seriously zero your server is the only one I've seen that needs to be redone, everyone else can play gg_minesweeper, gg_wolfenstien_3d and gg_super_mario_reloaded without any issues nor any major frame rate drops like at ibis

for the last fucking time you need to remove the gore mod already in its entirety, it aint my system its your stupid gore mod that's causing those frame rate drops, 21 people in close quarters shooting at each other at the same time with a ton of extra blood squirting out every time someone is hit doesnt do anyone any favors in the frame rate department, supercomputer or no super computer

jesus christ your like a broken record when it comes to simple god damn sense with this kinda shit zero, what is it? out one ear and out the next with your mind when someone actually tells you to fix something that should have been fixed long ago?

I mean seriously what the fuck is wrong with you and the simple concept of listening to the communities needs and acting on them?

you never actually remove any of the old maps from the servers so they overload your server box and still show up late at night, the gore mod kills everyones latencey and frame rate on CCQ maps and in general you dont ever remove any of the really annoying admins from power unless they cause some serious problems with the server, I mean for crying out loud in the time I've been here you have given admin to atleast 2 fucking 13 year olds

I mean you really are a lazy bastard.

OMGBEARS
02-01-2011, 06:54 AM
Kavinsky, this isn't how you get shit done. I would ask that you simply stop checking around because while you might feel as though you're helping situations get solved you really aren't. Use some common sense when posting. Insults will get you nowhere, and will likely hurt what you are attempting to help.

Seriously.

bigcraig77
02-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Whats the command to get the proper gun back? It used to be "!gun" or something.

thanks,

C-Loc

ZERO
02-01-2011, 10:28 PM
What are you talking about, you do not lose your correct gun. That does not even have anything to do with this mod. This just makes it so if you walk over a weapon you will not automatically select it thus preventing it from interfering with your game.

chase
02-01-2011, 10:45 PM
What are you talking about, you do not lose your correct gun. That does not even have anything to do with this mod. This just makes it so if you walk over a weapon you will not automatically select it thus preventing it from interfering with your game.

He was going on about a completely different subject. I'm sure it just popped into his head and he posted it without even thinking about what thread he was on.

C-Loc there is no command anymore. You will never get the wrong gun and if you do, its your fault because you have to drop your current weapon in order to lose it and pick up another. In that case you'd have to go searching for whatever gun you threw for whatever reason.

Kavinsky
02-02-2011, 09:01 AM
when has ever being nice to this guy ever worked? he wont listen to sense bear and we've been on him about this shit for what seems like years.

So if thats the case I might as well be blunt about how stupid his leadership has been, and we all know that I'm right about this.

chase
02-02-2011, 11:36 PM
I understand this isn't the place for it, but Kavinsky you've turned into an overconfident prick lately. Well I guess you always have been but I'm just starting to realize it more and more with every post you make.

StarsMine
02-05-2011, 12:52 AM
I really feel we dont need this, this causes more problems then it solves

Like when you get to knife level you dont automaticly get knife, your weaponless untill you spicificly pick it

A Baby
02-05-2011, 02:26 AM
Actually... I've noticed that when you pick up a gun and you try to switch to it on knife level; it sometimes glitches and you have to push it twice to even get to the gun. It's a small inconvenience, but when you need it to be instant; it can really fuck you.

Spasm
02-05-2011, 08:45 AM
I say no to this mod, for one, if I am on nade level, and I want to use a gun to lower hp of someone, I don't want this mod to mess up my plans. Same goes for knife. This game is idiot proof enough as it is, if you are too noobish to realise that you got wrong gun then your not going to win anyways, plus you'll be dead soon. My 2 cents, take it or leave it

acolyte_to_jippity
02-05-2011, 02:07 PM
I say no to this mod, for one, if I am on nade level, and I want to use a gun to lower hp of someone, I don't want this mod to mess up my plans. Same goes for knife. This game is idiot proof enough as it is, if you are too noobish to realise that you got wrong gun then your not going to win anyways, plus you'll be dead soon. My 2 cents, take it or leave it

kinda been my opinion all along. why dumb it down even more? hell, why not completely cater to the idiots and include something that aims for them too?

Kavinsky
02-05-2011, 08:56 PM
why would I care what you think of me, the truth is the truth and zero probably wont actually do anything to improve the servers till he starts loosing money on them.

dice
02-06-2011, 12:19 PM
why would I care what you think of me, the truth is the truth and zero probably wont actually do anything to improve the servers till he starts loosing money on them.

We don't expect you to care. You only care about yourself.

http://www.ubersite.com/m/38329

Nobody likes you.

Get the fuck out.

ZERO
02-06-2011, 02:51 PM
The point was the avoid the problem of them walking over a weapon and then auto selecting it.

ZERO
02-06-2011, 02:59 PM
I just released an update that should fix the issue of you needing to press the switch button twice in some cases.

Spasm
02-06-2011, 03:20 PM
The point was the avoid the problem of them walking over a weapon and then auto selecting it.

I still think its catering to the noob too much, turning auto pick up off fixes the problem. Your call though :)

CYBER
02-06-2011, 04:14 PM
I still think its catering to the noob too much, turning auto pick up off fixes the problem. Your call though :)

what spasm said..
i dont see why this mod exists anyway...

ppl can just turn off the automatic "pickup gun" in their own options..
and its not like the guns are randomly spread onto the levels..
its the exact series of the same guns that belong to their specific levels.
if ppl are too dumb to know that lv 9 = scout or lv smthn = smthn well then fuck them...
then agian its ur call zero, still think that idiots shouldnt be harvested, but gotten rid off.

kavinsky, chill the fuck down.
i have nthn against u , but that shitty attitude aint getting u no where.

ZERO
02-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Basically I got tired of needing to turn auto pickup off every time I was in the gg server...

Kavinsky
02-07-2011, 12:31 AM
No dice I'm going to stick around just to piss you off.

dice
02-07-2011, 04:40 AM
No dice I'm going to stick around just to piss you off.

Because you obviously have nothing better to do in your life. Glad I could help give you a reason to live =]

StarsMine
02-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Basically I got tired of needing to turn auto pickup off every time I was in the gg server...

Why ever have it on? it fucks you over so damn much in a fire fight.
*stafe, shoot, strafe, shoot, shit picked up a gun, quarter second animation of drawing it :reddot: "FUCK! I picked up a gun!" *

bigcraig77
02-09-2011, 12:18 AM
He was going on about a completely different subject. I'm sure it just popped into his head and he posted it without even thinking about what thread he was on.

C-Loc there is no command anymore. You will never get the wrong gun and if you do, its your fault because you have to drop your current weapon in order to lose it and pick up another. In that case you'd have to go searching for whatever gun you threw for whatever reason.

Thanks Chase. There used to be one forever ago.

Kavinsky
02-09-2011, 12:45 AM
Well dice right now this clan and its servers are pretty much a great example on what not to do with your server and your community.

and like all good train wrecks its fun to watch from a safe distance.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-09-2011, 08:09 AM
Well dice right now this clan and its servers are pretty much a great example on what not to do with your server and your community.

then why not have your "safe distance" be far, far away? as in, not here. christ dude, you must be a masochist if you stay somewhere that's so bad.

&&toasties
02-14-2011, 04:44 PM
then why not have your "safe distance" be far, far away? as in, not here. christ dude, you must be a masochist if you stay somewhere that's so bad.

+1.

fivefuckingchar

Vladninja
02-15-2011, 07:33 PM

I'm not sure there is anything more pathetic in this world than watching someone hang around a community that they claim is so worthless.

Why are you still here? I mean how sad and lonely do you have to be to troll a community that you give no value?

There is the door sir you are free to leave.

@dded- I'm not gonna mod your posts cause I want people to read it. Do you think they will agree with you... or just feel pity at how truly sad and unwanted you've become.

Kavinsky
02-15-2011, 09:24 PM
Vlad do you honestly think that your thoughts on the matter bother me?

and let me ask you this, do you enjoy paying money to a server owner who keeps adding useless shit to the server and just keeps making things worse for all that are involved?

I mean really this is some pretty shitty service, epsecally considering how much you guys are paying zero per month to do essentally nothing, what was it, 10 bucks so you gotta figure you alone are paying a 120 bucks per year to this deadbeat.

so it is ME who is pittying YOU and YOUR admin friends and clan members, having to spend money on essentally just trying to keep the games civil, letalone actually improve the experence for everyone seeing as zero has consistantly made it worse over time.

Vladninja
02-15-2011, 10:14 PM

and let me ask you this, do you enjoy paying money to a server owner who keeps adding useless shit to the server and just keeps making things worse for all that are involved?

I mean really this is some pretty shitty service, epsecally considering how much you guys are paying zero per month to do essentally nothing, what was it, 10 bucks so you gotta figure you alone are paying a 120 bucks per year to this deadbeat.

so it is ME who is pittying YOU and YOUR admin friends and clan members, having to spend money on essentally just trying to keep the games civil, letalone actually improve the experence for everyone seeing as zero has consistantly made it worse over time.

You responded 2 hours after my post.... your quick response is all the proof I needed. If the servers soooooo bad why haven't you left to play a better one?

In fact since you seem to know how easy it is to build perfect servers why havent you started your own!?!

Also I don't have to pay shit... I continue to pay for admin as a donation to ibis because I understand all the cost involved... but thanks for your concern.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-15-2011, 10:18 PM

i lol'd

kav, you have nothing better to do than sit here and bitch about ibis. go forth and find some other place to be. with your knowledge of how to run a place, i'm sure that some other community will be happy to have you. the fact that you remain here tells me you can't find anywhere else. either because you are truly helpless, or no other place will put up with your whining.

Hitman
02-16-2011, 12:00 AM
He's just a miserable young boy whos confused in life. Let him troll if he wants. He's just another loser who's making himself look like a fool.

brett friggin favre
02-20-2011, 04:56 PM

Kavinsky do you honestly think that your thoughts on any matter bother any of us?

2 times I take a CS hiatus, 2 times I come back and you're still bitching. Nobody gives a damn what you think of the gore mod, it doesn't mess with anything but your sadly undeveloped lump of grey matter. Speaking of which, you should probably go get a CAT scan on that thing. I've been watching a good deal of House recently and I have a theory that you may have a tumor in there causing your insatiable desire to be a complete and utter asshole. Or its lupus. It could ALWAYS be lupus. Good luck, I wish you the best, and I hope you catch AIDS from a Nepalese goat.