PDA

View Full Version : Anarchy in GG

FoxietheFoxieFox
03-11-2011, 11:10 PM
I've been playing GG a long time and I like to think I know most of the rules and how shit should be done. Over the past month or so I've been noticing a STEEP rise in:

1) Leaving/Rejoing for levels (mostly from "uncle anon")

2) Camping of spawn, own roof (churches), own ladder/stairs (texture jungle)

3) People with mics announcing (while dead) where alive people are to their allies

4) Teamkilling and/or aggressive punishments for accidental teamkilling (jumping into the way of someone firing then slaying them for it). Don't get me wrong here, I think you have the freedom to punish them how you will, but if your carelessness got you killed you shouldn't be able to punish someone for it.

5) People who stay in spec from the start of the round, then abuse the handicap to bypass half of the weapons (not often this happens, but every now and then)

I've been trying to act as a watchdog, alerting every admin on my list to any of the above but sometimes people are just not around.

Curdy
03-12-2011, 06:43 AM
foxie has a point here, i think what is needed is a time limit for people who disconnect and rejoin like on the zm server

or some way for the server to remember players that disconnect and rejoin and give them a penalty.

handicap is a problem either imo remove it or tweak it.

all week i have been trying this out and its pretty extreme getting 18 - 0 is way to much and checking the tab i can see ppl on level 9 still after doing this.

X 1 Viper1
03-12-2011, 09:37 AM
Yes the handicap is way too high i have seen people start on level 21 when the highest is 25, this is not fair at all...But your idea about the teamkilling thing is retarded, if someone gets in my way and there is an enemy on the other side of them i will shoot through them, cause i don't trust people to not suck enough and kill the enemy. My teamate will probably be even more of a retard, getting us both killed.

You need to learn people are morons....and you can't trust them.

StarsMine
03-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Holy shit the handicap is fine, its fucking BELOW the mean, BELOW IT.

if you haven't figured it out handicap is 1 below the mean. so it is completely appropriate for anyone with a 1.1 kd or less, as usually thats where they hang.
if they suck more, then it doesn't matter, the only thing that may piss people off is when someone who has a 1.2kd or higher, however you must realize, they would have generally been on top anyways.

as for things you complain about

1) against the rules, ban them

2) not neccesarily against the rules, however if it becomes a problem, a slay is in order

3) against the rules, mute em

4) getting yourself team killed on purpus just to slay, or screw your teammate over is against the rules, however a careless mistake is not. And even if you accidently get yourself team killed do to being a dumbass, they have every right to slay as you didnt correct yourself when they jumped in front.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Holy shit the handicap is fine, its fuckign BELOW the mean, BELOW IT.

if you havnt figured it out handicap is 1 below the mean. so we it is completely appropriate for anyone with a 1.1 kd or less, as usually thats where they hang.
if they suck more, then it doesnt matter, the only thing that may piss people off is when someone who has a 1.2kd or higher, however you must realize, they would have generally been on top anyways.

2) not neccesarily against the rules, however if it becomes a problem, a slay is in order

4) getting yourself team killed on purpus just to slay, or screw your teammate over is against the rules, however a careless mistake is not. And even if you accidently get yourself team killed do to being a dumbass, they have every right to slay as you didnt correct yourself when they jumped in front.

amen stars.

/thread

FoxietheFoxieFox
03-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Holy shit the handicap is fine, its fucking BELOW the mean, BELOW IT.

if you haven't figured it out handicap is 1 below the mean. so it is completely appropriate for anyone with a 1.1 kd or less, as usually thats where they hang.
if they suck more, then it doesn't matter, the only thing that may piss people off is when someone who has a 1.2kd or higher, however you must realize, they would have generally been on top anyways.

And pray tell, how do I ban someone or get them banned when there are barely any admins on, or when they are on they fail to enforce any of the above and also:

2) Definately against the rules, I've seen many REAL admins slay right and left for people who can't leave their goddamn spawns or camp their own roofs

3) Problem is not that I have to listen to them, problem is they're relaying information freely and getting the person killed simply because they're raging

acolyte_to_jippity
03-14-2011, 01:48 PM
And pray tell, how do I ban someone or get them banned when there are barely any admins on, or when they are on they fail to enforce any of the above and also:

2) Definately against the rules, I've seen many REAL admins slay right and left for people who can't leave their goddamn spawns or camp their own roofs

3) Problem is not that I have to listen to them, problem is they're relaying information freely and getting the person killed simply because they're raging

start adding admins on steam. i'm always happy to jump in if i have to.
~!priest

StarsMine
03-14-2011, 04:38 PM
I dont mean you playerlist mute em, you get the admin on to do it

and please for the love of god look up rule 4 and what zero has stated about it, you can camp (though It is HIGHLY fround upon in GG) as long as you do not prolong the round, one of the nice things about campers though, is they are easy kills as you will always know where they are :smirk:

bigcraig77
03-15-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm on gun game more than most. Its fine.

People who complain are people who cant hang.

-loc