Item Restrictions: helm,lace
Athena's Realm: 12-33% chance to do 20-60% more damage
Athena's Spear: 13-33% chance for extra damage
Necklace of Immunity: 10-45% chance to be immune to ultimates
Golden Helmet: 20-66% chance to evade head shots
Medusa's gaze: Freeze all opponents at 55-75ft every 15-10sec

http://www.ibisgaming.com/wcs_stats/player.php?id=17382

Initial Release

Prevent immunity from carrying over to new race.

Race is now on Restored Version

Modified freeze code to new method to catch flyers.

maynard
07-31-2011, 03:48 PM
Fucking eh!!!

StarsMine
07-31-2011, 04:20 PM
finaly, something to stop the vaga and spidy bitching

maynard
07-31-2011, 04:57 PM
yeah, this is a major class we've been lacking and needing for balance issues, glad it will be back soon =p

Steamer
07-31-2011, 05:38 PM
Do I hear QQ?

Poor Vaga's!

ZERO
07-31-2011, 05:43 PM
Uhm do we know how long these players are frozen for... b/c I can not find it anywhere in the code.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

It appears to only freeze them for 2-4 seconds. I assume this is correct due to how far this ult works.

maynard
07-31-2011, 05:43 PM
was like 5 seconds. and more lvls into the ultimate made it quicker 2 use

ZERO
07-31-2011, 06:02 PM
Ok I used 5.

Race has all abilities completed, it is now ready for skill testing. Only the helm effect is done NO OTHER EFFECTS have been done. Please report any problems.

BladeTwinSwords
07-31-2011, 08:20 PM
Jack > Athena

ZERO
07-31-2011, 09:28 PM
This race like some others is coded in such a way that two dmg abilities will never trigger at the same time. However, I have realized that this should logically create a problem with the probability of a skill being triggered.

This is becuase the second ability can only have a change to trigger if the first did not trigger. I previously balanced this by making the best dmg ability always first but there is a better way.

Currently the logic goes:
ability 1 chance (if true stop)
if false continue
ability 2 chance(if true stop)

The above logic ensures that no 2 abilitys can occur for the same shot but it does so at the cost of the probability of ability 2.

New Logic:
ability 1 chance (if true make note)
ability 2 chance (if true make note)
[if both above true randomly select 1]
continue with the one that is true if none true stop

The above logic gives each ability an equal chance to occur and only effects the probability if they both occurred at the same time. Because it then splits the difference 50/50 it does not effect the long term outcomes and thus the effective probability of the skills.

I will be using this new logic in this race, as such additional testing will be needed tomorrow as well to ensure this works correctly. I will post after this logic is added and ready for testing.

Currently the Athena's Realm effect is now done so please test and comment on it.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

The new chance system has been added. It has also been coded in such a way as that going back and replacing it with case statements in the future will be easy!

Dj panda
07-31-2011, 09:31 PM
I will go test it out but i need people to test it on xD

Blackmage
07-31-2011, 10:19 PM
OH BOY! Realm goes shiney and POOF! Masskid and I both got kicked when he hit me with realm, while I was on raps.

Spear hits, gives me notification, and seems to be fine.

Masskid
07-31-2011, 10:21 PM
realm makes everyone disconnect

StarsMine
07-31-2011, 11:02 PM
If thats the logic then the best way forward would be to hold 8 skillpoints and then drop all of it.

If one was maxed and the other is 0, it would fare better then a maxed one and a lv 1-4 or so.
So now the question would be is it better to max 1 then hold out, or to alternate between the two skills.

ZERO
07-31-2011, 11:11 PM
Well as far as leveling goes that only effects some not all races that have those types of abilities, also you do not know which of those abilities is the one done first so I would not worry about it for now.

ZERO
08-01-2011, 12:07 AM
I fixed the crash issue, apparently the alpha must be 255...

Due to crashes on my local system work is delayed till tomorrow for when I can finish checkdisk on 10 drives :banghead:

H.Bitch
08-01-2011, 12:34 AM
Would it be wishful thinking to see the 3 races go live tomorrow?

ZERO
08-01-2011, 01:13 AM
I think they will all go live tomorrow as I originally planned :wtg:

Also FYI the new system of handling the double events should NOT effect their probability.

Example: X=A+B-(AB)

The above function is constant, if A is smaller B is larger and vice versa. As a result if we make A smaller 50% of the time and B larger 50% (and then invert this every time) of the time the average value of A and B is maintained. This is seen above where X is a constant of the probability of any event occurring.

Think of it like this if there was a 50% chance of something or something else occurring and they both occurred and we then changed the occurrence of one of the two at random after the fact to have not occurred the chance of anything occurring was still 50% as something did indeed occur.

So as you can see from the examples above I have worked it out so that we can make it so that particular events that we do not want to occur at the same time (such as dmg events) can not occur at the same time without reducing the likelihood of them actually occurring!

ZERO
08-01-2011, 12:37 PM
New method of assigning the actual levels reduces the number of statements executed from 2X^2 to X+2X+3X... where X is the number of skills a race has. (Note the addation function continues for a length = to the number of skills a race has)

As you can see from the math this Greatly improves performance when ever skill levels are updated which occurs at the start of every round and whenever you change a skills level.

This new method is already in place on this race and has been tested and confirmed working.

ZERO
08-01-2011, 01:19 PM
New check for preventing stacking on dmg abilities is done and uses switch statements. This greatly reduces the number of variables created and speeds up execution time. Rather than use a Boolean check a variable is defined as 0 in which case nothing will run. If the first skill is selected 1 is added to this value and if the second skill is selected 2 is added to the value so that it will thus be 3 if both were selected thus triggering the condition where only 1 of the 2 is then selected. To allow for this skills were recreated into their own methods so they could be called from the switches. This methodology should reduce the total number of calls and thus increase performance for hit based abilities.

ZERO
08-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Finished effects for the spear now working on the ult!

ZERO
08-01-2011, 04:16 PM
All abilities and effects completed. Please preform final testing and confirmation.

maynard
08-01-2011, 04:36 PM
bots on the test server = very annoying lol

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------
the visual effect for realm seems way 2 big and overwhelming. if you were in a fire fight and that starts going off it makes it real hard 2 see the person you're trying 2 hit and anything else near it.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------
apparently now that we're not on dust 2 our ultimate is crashing the server.

maynard
08-01-2011, 04:56 PM
also seemed like the immunity spell 2 enemy ultimate was based on spawn chance, and if it doesn't apply when you spawn you don't get it for the round.

Blackmage
08-01-2011, 05:12 PM
On the first map I'm on, Spear and Realm also are causing crashes, as well as the aforementioned ulti.

Bodies are falling through the floor. Someone killed me with a knife when I was nebula, and I crashed. I tested, warden's shadow strike, and vagabond's scout and ulti did NOT crash, however.

Going to be waiting for the next map, see if this persists.

maynard
08-01-2011, 05:13 PM
did you just find this out now? cause steamer and I didn't notice any issues with spear or realm just the utli

Blackmage
08-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Yup, crashed, put only skills in realm, crashed, put only skills in spear, crashed again, posted. Did some more tests, and crashed some more, edited my post.

ZERO
08-01-2011, 05:25 PM
If the ult was crashing the server than the server would have crashed which it has not...

maynard
08-01-2011, 05:26 PM
well it froze my and steamers game 3 times in a row and kicked us off of the game. made our game client not respond/freeze/crash

maynard
08-01-2011, 05:47 PM
server froze/crashed my and blackmages game as soon as I shot him once.

ZERO
08-01-2011, 08:47 PM
Ok, we finally figured the glitch out and fixed it. I am now working on some back end configs and we will be ready to go live. :wtg:

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

logically this race will be restricted from necklace and helm

ZERO
08-01-2011, 09:23 PM

Initial Release

SlevinKelevera
10-25-2011, 12:49 PM
I believe i could be mistaken but if Gaze is sent to a person without a lace it can also effect anyone near the gazed person. Including people that have laces. Could be wrong

Blackmage
10-25-2011, 02:21 PM
How close, and would they still be in range of the initial gaze? Because Gaze does hit multiple targets. If it's hitting people with laces, this IS a problem.

Blackmage
12-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Not sure what I did, but on the test server I got a permanent lace. Not sure what I did, I had a lace, reset my skills, put only points in Ultimate. Stuff happened(wasn't paying attention), Kygn joined shortly thereafter. He tried to use his ulti on me, nothing happened. I switched races, nothing. I killed myself, nothing. He killed me. Nothing. I switched back to Athena, Nothing. I killed myself to get lace, killed myself again, didn't spawn a lace. Still had one.

We then tried to get him a lace. Had him get a lace, reset skills, killed himself, spawned without a lace. Get a lace, Change race, kill self, no lace. Get a lace, reset skills, kill self, change race, no lace. Get lace, reset skills, I killed myself, no lace.

So, all in all, no idea how it happened, but thought I should bring up this in case anyone else has any input.

ZERO
12-12-2011, 08:16 PM
IT may be the version on the test server is outdated and was set like that for testing and then never undone. As long as it does not occur on the real server lol :wtg:

Blackmage
12-12-2011, 09:09 PM
Ok, I had thought you had fixed that, because I recall this not being the first time this occurred. The problem with finding this on the main server is it would probably be hard to spot, unless a good player had it happen to them, as we would probably not notice that someone without a lace had it happen to them, or if they are on Athena, we'd chalk it up to luck.

taz1stP
12-13-2011, 03:14 AM
i have had this glitch a few time on reg sever it happens when u swich to a race then no matter what class u go to it will stay with you.

ZERO
12-13-2011, 12:56 PM

Prevent immunity from carrying over to new race.

taz1stP
12-13-2011, 04:14 PM
damn that was one of my fav things i could go to a random race and not have to worry about buying it XD.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-13-2011, 04:37 PM
damn that was one of my fav things i could go to a random race and not have to worry about buying it XD.

sooo...you enjoyed abusing an exploit to save you cash?

taz1stP
12-14-2011, 03:51 AM
no i never abused it i got it randomly and didnt know how but tought it was cool as shit admin's knew that it happened i would tell them that it would happen. but i had no clue how to make it glitch i thought it was just random. and when i did get any extra cash from hot having to buy i would waste it on something stupid and die right away XD.

Dj panda
12-15-2011, 08:42 PM
But you just said you loved using it, which means you were fully aware that you were exploiting our servers..... Please Choose your words wisley or else the will bite you later.

StarsMine
03-28-2012, 08:11 PM
I got the left handed glitch today with this race in Dust_2
I died and lost my weapon, spawned with pistal in my left hand, was not killed by anything the could steal a weapon

ZERO
04-23-2012, 05:11 PM

Race is now on Restored Version

Akoiah
09-07-2012, 12:06 AM
anyone else get a boner when you catch a vagalion with medusa's gaze?

CYBER
09-07-2012, 01:35 AM
anyone else get a boner when you catch a vagalion with medusa's gaze?Not as much as 2 athenas with synchronised timing catching eachother in an endless loop lol, until someone either kills them or they get close enough (step by step) around a corner to shoot eachother. Yeah, that shit happens with me allll the fucking time.

HypeRNT
09-07-2012, 04:11 AM
Not as much as 2 athenas with synchronised timing catching eachother in an endless loop lol, until someone either kills them or they get close enough (step by step) around a corner to shoot eachother. Yeah, that shit happens with me allll the fucking time.

Oh lord, that has happened to me so many times, get to move like half an inch every time, so sad yet funny lol.

Steamer
09-07-2012, 01:37 PM
The anticipation is horrible.

tj26
10-21-2012, 09:21 PM
the other day I used Medusa's gaze on a Santa and they're were able to keep flying and the beam just followed them around, I would assume this is an undesired effect but I could be wrong it didn't freeze them in there place like it should

What
10-21-2012, 09:53 PM
the other day I used Medusa's gaze on a Santa and they're were able to keep flying and the beam just followed them around, I would assume this is an undesired effect but I could be wrong it didn't freeze them in there place like it should

Thats a known issue, and its the same for entangle roots, any flying race can fly away from them, but if they stop flying then they are stuck, its a symptom of their ability.

ZERO
01-25-2014, 05:14 PM

Modified freeze code to new method to catch flyers.