PDA

View Full Version : Question about GUngame

Jiggy
10-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Ok i have a question is there any way when ppl are camping on certain maps is there anyways to beacon and slap them 5% automanticly ??? just woundering

Rosie
10-12-2011, 01:51 PM
As stated numerous other times, Camping is not against the rules and therfore not punishable. If there are certain spots you can consider we could start a thread that may include illegal camping spots. Zm has illegal cade spots, so maybe that could get incorparated into the rules. (I.E.) The top of the ladders on churches.

slipstream
10-12-2011, 02:01 PM
wassabi camps, so i dont see why he would want to make a rule about it, unless he was out camped, no sense in complaining about something i already complained about, just makes you more of a hypocrite

Jiggy
10-12-2011, 02:19 PM
wassabi camps, so i dont see why he would want to make a rule about it, unless he was out camped, no sense in complaining about something i already complained about, just makes you more of a hypocrite

slip gtfo u dont have a life get a job and a man seriously shut the fuck up no one likes u and ur complaining

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

As stated numerous other times, Camping is not against the rules and therfore not punishable. If there are certain spots you can consider we could start a thread that may include illegal camping spots. Zm has illegal cade spots, so maybe that could get incorparated into the rules. (I.E.) The top of the ladders on churches.

i dont care about zm lol gungame is the one im talking about so churches is one of them but i dont know any other maps but since i was thinking about like 5 or 10 sec it will beacon them and slap them 5% when they are not actuall moving or afk

Penis シ
10-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Camping, in general, is not against the rules.

Camping excessively is against Gungame server rules (number 4).

Considering the fast nature of GG, a timer would have to be set for something like 30 or 45 seconds for a player to stand still too long but not be afk.

There are servers that have anti-camp installed, yet I go by a 3 strikes rule. 1 round of hanging out somewhere is no big deal, 2 rounds is excessive, 3rd round I punish. This way, there is no doubt the player in question was excessively camping.

Now I've lamented about this before. The spoken rules have become so contorted that you can barely recognize some of them anymore, but I'm pretty neutral on the whole burn, beacon, slap, whatever on a camper. If Zero decides to install it, cool. If not, no big deal.

Jiggy
10-12-2011, 02:39 PM
Camping, in general, is not against the rules.

Camping excessively is against Gungame server rules (number 4).

Considering the fast nature of GG, a timer would have to be set for something like 30 or 45 seconds for a player to stand still too long but not be afk.

There are servers that have anti-camp installed, yet I go by a 3 strikes rule. 1 round of hanging out somewhere is no big deal, 2 rounds is excessive, 3rd round I punish. This way, there is no doubt the player in question was excessively camping.

Now I've lamented about this before. The spoken rules have become so contorted that you can barely recognize some of them anymore, but I'm pretty neutral on the whole burn, beacon, slap, whatever on a camper. If Zero decides to install it, cool. If not, no big deal.

This is why i posted this thread so zero can think of some ideas yet on other servers its great but since our servers been crashing than idk lol

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

and btw i wasnt making a rule about it taking my mind out so back off get ur head outta ur ass im not in a mood for ur drama shit

maynard
10-12-2011, 04:20 PM
this issue has been brought up numerous times in other threads, search for shit before making a million new threads daily... camping is NOT against the rules... it only is when it's excessive and seriously holding the game up.

Disflux
10-12-2011, 10:25 PM
I actually like the idea of having Illegal Camping Spots, and the top of one's own church would definitely be the first on my list. Same with T's camping the ladder on Texture Jungle.

Maynard, what would we have to do to have something along the lines of Illegal Camping Spots implemented?

Joker
10-13-2011, 12:55 PM

Another one would be in the vent on cs_complex, and camping on the ladders in gg_lego_mafia

this issue has been brought up numerous times in other threads, search for shit before making a million new threads daily... camping is NOT against the rules... it only is when it's excessive and seriously holding the game up.

Your right the rule only says that excessive camping is against the rules. I wanted to say that a number of the spoken rules has changed over the past few months because new admins think they can do certain things when it wasn't even a spoken rule to begin with. For example some newer admins think that it's ok to burn, continuously slap, or just downright slay them when they think they're camping, when in fact there were certain key spots that were practically illegal spots as pertaining to the fact that every single admin in forced the no camping rule on the those specific spots. I think the newer admins got the idea that they can just make up their own illegal spots and just slay them for it. This is where the camping rule is getting mis-understood.

maynard
10-13-2011, 01:58 PM
if you know an admin is abusing or not doing the job correctly... take a demo and report him or her... it's really simple. admin abuse and admins fucking up and enforcing and or making up rules only lasts as long as people allow it 2... I can't obviously be everywhere at once, so take demo's and report them, so I know whose ass requires a foot in it.:wtg:

I LIKE TURTLES
10-14-2011, 11:03 AM
think of campers as easy kills. if you know the camping spots, just prefire the shit out of them. it's the easiest kill you'll ever get. i don't know why people dont have the same mentality as i do... probably why i'm the best in the world :smirk:

aDarkPhilosophy
10-19-2011, 09:58 PM
Just my two cents, but there is a difference between camping and baiting. If you know someone is headed somewhere, and they will take a a certain path, waiting on a ladder or a corner for them is not the same as simply standing there waiting with no idea of the movements of any one target.

Steamer
10-19-2011, 10:07 PM
That's their stupidity for getting baited all the time...

Also I completely agree with turtles... who else said that... years ago and over and over.. oh yea... Zero.

Fucking turtles... pew pe.... ahh fuck it.

maynard
10-19-2011, 10:37 PM
Just my two cents, but there is a difference between camping and baiting. If you know someone is headed somewhere, and they will take a a certain path, waiting on a ladder or a corner for them is not the same as simply standing there waiting with no idea of the movements of any one target.

welcome 2 CS... this has been happening since day 1.

aDarkPhilosophy
10-19-2011, 10:45 PM
I think I am being misunderstood. I have baited people before, and they cry camp....which also has probably been happening since day one, but the point is, do it enough, and some admins might believe the talk, and you may get marked even though you are not breaking rule 4. Also, I do agree on certain maps, the camp spots are easy marks for prefire kills. some though, are a bit more difficult, say the ledge in 007_bluesector.

Sincere
11-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Yeah guys i understood that camping is not just the rules and regulations and we can not consider the illegal camping spots.