PDA

View Full Version : Bad Handicap

Rellikdloc
11-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Plz fix the handicap it is freaking REDONKYOULESS.

StarsMine
11-06-2011, 02:00 AM
its one below the mean
its a fine handicap

acolyte_to_jippity
11-06-2011, 11:28 AM
seriously. if you're doing shitty and people are joining above you, well then that just means you suck.

Rellikdloc
02-23-2012, 11:28 PM
i still say the handicap is way too high, i mean this is turbo, i could understand having this handicap in a classic gg where you only get 1 lvl per round with your gun and have to knife to get more lvls, but its not, its turbo. where you can get 5+ lvls in one round. I just think its ridiculous when someone comes in when the game is more than halfway over and start above half the ppl inn there and in 3 or 4 rounds they are on tied for 2nd on knife or nade lvl. Just think about it, it is a turbo server.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-24-2012, 12:30 PM
i still say the handicap is way too high, i mean this is turbo, i could understand having this handicap in a classic gg where you only get 1 lvl per round with your gun and have to knife to get more lvls, but its not, its turbo. where you can get 5+ lvls in one round. I just think its ridiculous when someone comes in when the game is more than halfway over and start above half the ppl inn there and in 3 or 4 rounds they are on tied for 2nd on knife or nade lvl. Just think about it, it is a turbo server.. The hole point is to give that individual a fighting chance to win. If they happen to catch up to the leader...its more then likley because they are a good player.. not the handicap. If there a good player they would more then likley be near the top even if they had started the map without a handicap. Besides, turbo is ment to be fast, if we lowered the handicap we mine as well call our turbo, downsyndrome turbo, or turtle turbo.

Rellikdloc
02-24-2012, 03:48 PM
. The hole point is to give that individual a fighting chance to win. If they happen to catch up to the leader...its more then likley because they are a good player.. not the handicap. If there a good player they would more then likley be near the top even if they had started the map without a handicap. Besides, turbo is ment to be fast, if we lowered the handicap we mine as well call our turbo, downsyndrome turbo, or turtle turbo.

This is not true at all, im not sayin lower the handi a ton, maybe to just like level 9. and like you said yourself if they are a good player then they will have no problem catching up. I repeat its TURBO, you can get a ton of levels in one round. I mean how is this fair to the players who are about to win who actually played the whole map, its not. and for someone to come in and play the last 5min and win is just nonsense. There are players who wait till ends of games just to do this.

bigcraig77
02-24-2012, 04:11 PM
I'm 100% w/ relik. I know from experience that if i join on mac10 or above i'm most likely gunna win (unless there are other good players on). We need it to go no higher than scout, or ump at the very most.

Hallwagner and Morpheus used to get most of their wins this way..

In my opinion the winner of the game is usual evident by the 5th or 6th round, that is unless someone joins late...

On a separate note, can we get rid of the damn floating bodies already! i hate that mod.

c-loc

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-24-2012, 04:35 PM
Think about the word handicap and what it means, now think about what you are advocating for. It makes no sense to condemn a player to little to no chance of winning for joining late. People who abuse it are punished when caught, pretty simple. If you see someone doing it and an admin isn't around or noticing it. Report it. The handicap is perfect where it is now.

Edit: if it still dosnt make sense, think of it this way. How is putting someone on scout while the rest of the server is running around with tmps and pistols a BENIFIT to that player?

Rellikdloc
02-24-2012, 04:46 PM
b/c they are on the more powerful weapons and should be able to dominate the weaker weapons.. then they are caught up and did the work to earn the win, unless they suck of course. and also there are usually plenty of players below or way below scout at all times even at the end of a game

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-24-2012, 05:08 PM
You still don't get it. What I don't understand is why 2 of our top ten ranked gg lplayers are complaining about wins being stolen due to handicaps.

brett friggin favre
02-24-2012, 10:04 PM
You still don't get it. What I don't understand is why 2 of our top ten ranked gg lplayers are complaining about wins being stolen due to handicaps.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly9fswWJwX1qfaknl.gif

XX0wnsXY
02-24-2012, 11:36 PM

Second.

maynard
02-25-2012, 01:32 AM
.... I lol'd :beer:

Rellikdloc
02-25-2012, 01:53 AM

Second.

i now third, b/c i see why you guys need that high handicap.

brett friggin favre
02-25-2012, 02:02 AM
i now third, b/c i see why you guys need that high handicap.

not my fault if i join when you're on knife and i cycle through the last guns and win cuz you cant close. :shrug:

Rellikdloc
02-25-2012, 04:44 PM
im sry , you misunderstood. i was was sayin how much of a baddie you are. i now realize i have to put everything in a simple english context for you to understand the underlying content in that comment.

brett friggin favre
02-25-2012, 05:05 PM
im sry , you misunderstood. i was was sayin how much of a baddie you are. i now realize i have to put everything in a simple english context for you to understand the underlying content in that comment.

i'm sorry, you misunderstood. if you have problems winning when someone joins 15+ rounds in and is ~5-10 levels below you, you suck. if people join and the handicap puts them above your level, it's because you suck. either way, you suck, and your bitching shows it.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-25-2012, 05:15 PM

Please dont use big words.

Rellikdloc
02-25-2012, 11:39 PM
farve your just a mr know it all, who likes to stick his nose up everywhere. and when i posted this i wasnt even talking about myself. im sry if got butthurt over my comment, dont be so uptight. Im gonna go ahead and consider this post closed. But im sure youll have another smartass comment for me.

brett friggin favre
02-25-2012, 11:49 PM
farve your just a mr know it all, who likes to stick his nose up everywhere. and when i posted this i wasnt even talking about myself. im sry if got butthurt over my comment, dont be so uptight. Im gonna go ahead and consider this post closed. But im sure youll have another smartass comment for me.

this is not a smartass comment.

you make a post complaining about the handicap, saying it's ridiculous, and you're saying its not about you? then why the fuck would you post it and make a fuss about it?

:stupid:

Rellikdloc
02-26-2012, 12:08 AM
i guess i really do have to explain every little detail for you. Though the handicap does not affect me very much. I do not like how high it is set. I hear many ppl complain about this. And i do not think its fair for the ppl that it does affect. Im not an asswhole like who only thinks of himself.

brett friggin favre
02-26-2012, 01:02 AM
i guess i really do have to explain every little detail for you. Though the handicap does not affect me very much. I do not like how high it is set. I hear many ppl complain about this. And i do not think its fair for the ppl that it does affect. Im not an asswhole like who only thinks of himself.

did you call me an "asswhole?"

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/198/065/vlcsnap-2011-11-10-19h19m39s159.png

who cares if other people don't like it? if they lose because of it, they suck, and bitching about it means they suck worse. you posting this for them doesn't make you look like a good guy, it makes you seem like:

a) an idiot
b) an accomplice to idiots
c) a whiny bitch
d) an accomplice to whiny bitches

please note that nobody who matters or has a brain agrees in the slightest with your argument. if you wonder how you look in the eyes of the people around you, look at the company you keep. if you're surrounded by retards, you're a retard.

Rellikdloc
02-26-2012, 06:20 PM
lolol soo butthurt. dont be so uptight, loosen up. and you are an asswhole.

Nemesis
02-27-2012, 12:16 AM
I'm better than all of you with sprinkles.

I join late and win.

I join early and win.

No wins for you, chub monster.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-27-2012, 05:53 AM
at the end of the day, the only thing i see needing to be changed is allowing somebody a handicap for sitting in spec for 10 rounds.

Nemesis
02-27-2012, 06:03 AM
at the end of the day, the only thing i see needing to be changed is allowing somebody a handicap for sitting in spec for 10 rounds.

If they're away they can join retry and get the handicap anyways, no sense in changing that.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-27-2012, 06:04 AM
If they're away they can join retry and get the handicap anyways, no sense in changing that.

It would force a player to leave the server for the handicap resulting in them not getting back in due to reserved slot. The only people it wouldn't effect are admins and people who are paying for reserved slot.

Sin
02-27-2012, 08:54 AM
This thread coming from someone who exploits the !block command.

LULZIE!

bigcraig77
02-27-2012, 10:40 AM
did you call me an "asswhole?"

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/198/065/vlcsnap-2011-11-10-19h19m39s159.png

who cares if other people don't like it? if they lose because of it, they suck, and bitching about it means they suck worse. you posting this for them doesn't make you look like a good guy, it makes you seem like:

a) an idiot
b) an accomplice to idiots
c) a whiny bitch
d) an accomplice to whiny bitches

please note that nobody who matters or has a brain agrees in the slightest with your argument. if you wonder how you look in the eyes of the people around you, look at the company you keep. if you're surrounded by retards, you're a retard.

Thank you Brett.

If the handicap was lower this would allow people who USUALLY don't win to maybe have a chance.
I hate to see less skilled players who struggle with knife and nade lose to someone who joins at level 16, beast though those weapons then closes.
This causes an environment where the same people win again and again. Id personally like to see others win.

someone who joins late has the advantage of not having to deal with:
1. para (lvl1)
2. scout (i personally love the scout) (lvl9)
3. ump (lvl14)
4. auto shotty (lvl17)

I just think it would help grow the community if newer players got to win every now and again.

Plus, Why give someone that advantage for joining late, there's always next round...

But then again what do i know, I've only been playing here since at least '08

brett friggin favre
02-27-2012, 11:25 AM
Thank you Brett.

If the handicap was lower this would allow people who USUALLY don't win to maybe have a chance.
I hate to see less skilled players who struggle with knife and nade lose to someone who joins at level 16, beast though those weapons then closes.
This causes an environment where the same people win again and again. Id personally like to see others win.

someone who joins late has the advantage of not having to deal with:
1. para (lvl1)
2. scout (i personally love the scout) (lvl9)
3. ump (lvl14)
4. auto shotty (lvl17)

I just think it would help grow the community if newer players got to win every now and again.

Plus, Why give someone that advantage for joining late, there's always next round...

But then again what do i know, I've only been playing here since at least '08

if people with less skill want to win, they should get more skill. that's the point of this game: to get more skill, and win.

YOU PLAY
TO WIN
THE GAME.

if they can't win because i happen to join in the middle of a round, tough shit! if you want to beat me, fucking beat me, don't hope i lose. also the more skilled players usually start off hot and cool down when they have pistols vs. assault rifles and such so actually less skilled people have a much higher chance of winning when more skilled people join late than if they were there at the start.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-27-2012, 11:45 AM
Meh, you can always do what I do. Offer a free month of admin to who ever knifed fluffy or dead off nade.

bigcraig77
02-27-2012, 02:32 PM
if people with less skill want to win, they should get more skill. that's the point of this game: to get more skill, and win.

YOU PLAY
TO WIN
THE GAME.

if they can't win because i happen to join in the middle of a round, tough shit! if you want to beat me, fucking beat me, don't hope i lose. also the more skilled players usually start off hot and cool down when they have pistols vs. assault rifles and such so actually less skilled people have a much higher chance of winning when more skilled people join late than if they were there at the start.

Brett, we are trying to decipher if the current handicap offers an unfair advantage.

I believe it does and stated why.

What are your educated thoughts on the current handicap?

Please remember, I'm just tryin to make gg better.

On a side note, I've always done better on pistols than any other group of weapons.
I believe many would agree since they are more accurate, have little recoil, and still deal substantial damage.