PDA

View Full Version : Got arrested for resisting arrest? Awesome.

CYBER
02-07-2012, 08:14 PM
So apparently today, I almost got arrested by a stealth traffic cop in his ghost hummer for "resisting arrest... and attempting to run away from a cop pulling me over, in the middle of rush hour traffic...."
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME YOU PIECE OF SHIT? I thought you were an ambulance car behind me with all your fucking lights blinding my rear view mirror... I was yielding to the right to let the ambulance pass by ... fml

keep in mind : IN THE MIDDLE OF RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC... question : where the fuck am i going to run off to in the middle of traffic??? are you stupid or just mentally challenged?

making a rage comic about the whole thing ...

ZERO
02-07-2012, 08:51 PM
I thought that was exactly why unmarked cards are not allowed to make normal traffic stops...

taz1stP
02-07-2012, 08:55 PM
nope they can pull u over if they have just cause but can not give a ticket for traffic violations b/c if they did it would fall under entrapment.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-07-2012, 09:13 PM
nope they can pull u over if they have just cause but can not give a ticket for traffic violations b/c if they did it would fall under entrapment.

that right there is bullshit. that's not entrapment. it's not like they challenged someone to a race and pulled them over when they sped. if you're breaking the law in front of them, then that suck for you.

Steamer
02-07-2012, 10:22 PM
I have been pulled over and ticketed by unmarked. Just cause was the air freshener on my mirror "blocking my view" and traveling into a drug affiliated neighborhood (may I remind you I live there and travel it every day). Ticket was for failure to make a complete 3 second stop at the stop sign.

Indeed unmarked can and do give traffic violations. Took one to court before, added another 35$ fee onto it for court fees.

Assholes gonna be assholes. Some just want that easy "quota" (that thy cant write down or talk about as it's illegal). Job security.

This sir, is what we call corruption.

taz1stP
02-07-2012, 10:32 PM
where i live here is the rule
ORC 4549.13 Marking and equipment for motor vehicle used by traffic enforcement officers.
Any motor vehicle used by a member of the state highway patrol or by any other peace officer, while said officer is on duty for the exclusive or main purpose of enforcing the motor vehicle or traffic laws of this state, provided the offense is punishable as a misdemeanor, shall be marked in some distinctive manner or color and shall be equipped with, but need not necessarily have in operation at all times, at least one flashing, oscillating, or rotating colored light mounted outside on top of the vehicle. The superintendent of the state highway patrol shall specify what constitutes such a distinctive marking or color for the state highway patrol.

so the way i see it is that you must have a light on top of the car to tell me hey im a cop.

Steamer
02-07-2012, 10:40 PM
ORC 4549.13 while said officer is on duty for the exclusive or main purpose of enforcing the motor vehicle or traffic laws of this state

This still doesn't mean an unmarked can't pull you over and ticket you on his way to another offense. They have ways around everything. The state wants them $$$'s. :wtg:

taz1stP
02-07-2012, 10:44 PM
yeah but i know people XD i know the dispatcher and i also am know a few cops so getting out of a ticket would be easy really easy when u are related to police chiefs XD

ZERO
02-07-2012, 11:28 PM
In some states it is illegal to issue a ticket from an unmarked car. People have been trying to not have their ticket cancled so they can appel the virduct to have the government punished for this illegal practice. However in those states the case is found not guilty in almost all of these cases in order to prevent appeal.

taz1stP
02-08-2012, 01:32 AM
kinda like if u are doing 100 mp/h and a cop is sitting behind a sign at night and doesn't have his lights on and pulls u over u can get off the ticket.

CYBER
02-08-2012, 01:33 AM
i live in canada... canada wants money!
check our tax rates for crying out loud! -.-

Nemesis
02-08-2012, 01:40 AM
kinda like if u are doing 100 mp/h and a cop is sitting behind a sign at night and doesn't have his lights on and pulls u over u can get off the ticket.

lol the best part is you actually believe that.

taz1stP
02-08-2012, 01:46 AM
the sad part is my buddy did it not as fast... he got a ticket went to court told the judge he was speeding but the cop said he didnt have his lights on so it was trown out. XD

Nemesis
02-08-2012, 02:23 AM
the sad part is my buddy did it not as fast... he got a ticket went to court told the judge he was speeding but the cop said he didnt have his lights on so it was trown out. XD

well your buddy is probably black and full of shit. half the time the cars are off and it's a different car that pulls you over.

taz1stP
02-08-2012, 02:53 AM
nope srry he is white and it was the a country road so no other cars where there besides the one sitting there and most people dont go to court b/c its to much work.

Nemesis
02-08-2012, 05:24 AM
Here is what it says in the Highway Traffic Act:

"There is no legal requirement to have your lights on unless you are on the traveled portion of the roadway."

So; your friend is black and full of shit.

Edit: This is a quote from an officer:

"Unless there is a department regulation requiring lights to be on ... there is no requirement for an officer to have lights on while doing speed enforcement.

Even if there is a department regulation requiring lights, the officer's failure have lights on will not get a speeder out of the ticket. The officer might be disciplined, but the ticket would stand."

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Here is what it says in the Highway Traffic Act:

"There is no legal requirement to have your lights on unless you are on the traveled portion of the roadway."

So; your friend is black and full of shit.

Edit: This is a quote from an officer:

"Unless there is a department regulation requiring lights to be on ... there is no requirement for an officer to have lights on while doing speed enforcement.

Even if there is a department regulation requiring lights, the officer's failure have lights on will not get a speeder out of the ticket. The officer might be disciplined, but the ticket would stand." taz gets handicap benifits when on the road. He is void of paying tickets always no matter the circumstance.

Whether the car is marked or not, the person speeding is still speeding and will be fined accordingly. What taz is saying essentially is, if a off duty cop witnessed a murder the murderer would be set free if the off duty cop arrested him......

StarsMine
02-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Yeilding to the right is avoiding arrest?
I thought they wanted you to pull over. o.O

Nemesis
02-09-2012, 04:05 AM
Yeilding to the right is avoiding arrest?
I thought they wanted you to pull over. o.O

Yes but this is coming from Cyber, the idiot who can't tell a sedan from and box truck...

CYBER
02-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Yes but this is coming from Cyber, the idiot who can't tell a sedan from and box truck...

in my defenses, the fucking car was following so close and shining it's fucking multicolored, spasm-giving lights on my mirror...
to the point where i couldnt see shit... im surprised i didnt hit anyone on my way switching lanes...

but nways, that fucker was a dipshit, he started being all high and proud of being of another province than me, gave me a hard time with his questions, and then told me " oh you want to appeal it? Good luck with that."

brett friggin favre
02-10-2012, 05:14 PM
in my defenses, the fucking car was following so close and shining it's fucking multicolored, spasm-giving lights on my mirror...
to the point where i couldnt see shit... im surprised i didnt hit anyone on my way switching lanes...

but nways, that fucker was a dipshit, he started being all high and proud of being of another province than me, gave me a hard time with his questions, and then told me " oh you want to appeal it? Good luck with that."

lol! you guys have "provinces."

that reminds me of the middle ages

maynard
02-10-2012, 05:48 PM
was he from BC?

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-10-2012, 07:31 PM

I shall ride my trusty stead to province whenchton and only hope to the lord that them mr unmarked ponys dont pull me over

maynard
02-10-2012, 07:40 PM

you kidding? do you have any idea how many countries have provinces? lawl....

Carmichal
02-10-2012, 07:43 PM
BUT AMERICA'S THE BEST!!! the rest of the world doesn't count

Jeimuzu
02-10-2012, 08:07 PM
This is how I feel about this thread:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-s160KJgE_jc/TiBp7pnqzpI/AAAAAAAAAtA/0nPfuZ0KzOc/s1600/i-am-free-skulls-flag-america-drive-job-work-girlfriend-children-fashion-normal-pavement-tv-obey-law-save-repeat-after-me.jpg

Police are a system of control and act as a torrent against possible criminals. They serve their function but step over the line way too often in my opinion. There isn't much we can do about it except cover our asses.

I don't hate them, but I'll assume they're all trying to kill me in any way possible.

I work with them almost every time I go to an accident, and I know a lot of them are good people and are there for the right reason.. But unfortunately it isn't always like this, as everyone is well aware.

brett friggin favre
02-10-2012, 08:27 PM
you kidding? do you have any idea how many countries have provinces? lawl....

oh i do, i just never hear of them so when i do it reminds me of the middle ages

CYBER
02-10-2012, 08:32 PM
was he from BC?
maymay, u might understand this.
I current LIVE in quebec sector of Ottawa, while i got arrested in the Ontario section of it...
The cop is an anglophone douchebag that treated me like shit just because i lived in quebec... evnen when, clearly im more english then french...
oh well...

maynard
02-11-2012, 12:51 AM
maymay, u might understand this.
I current LIVE in quebec sector of Ottawa, while i got arrested in the Ontario section of it...
The cop is an anglophone douchebag that treated me like shit just because i lived in quebec... evnen when, clearly im more english then french...
oh well...

lmfao...

Nemesis
02-11-2012, 12:57 AM
Well quebec people are dirty so you got what you deserve for being from there.

Also for future help; if the blinding lights are blue and red, its a cop, if their red a white it's an ambulance, and if their red it's a fire truck.

God people from Quebec are fucking stupid.

maynard
02-11-2012, 02:43 AM
I'm a BC boy... always will be... and that goes for the reputation we're known for lol... I'm sure you will understand, cyber.

Steamer
02-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Im a BC boy too, always will be... and that goes for the reputation we're known for lol... I'm sure you will understand, maynard.

Baltimore City!

Nemesis
02-11-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm from Ontario, fuck you hippies.

toma
02-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Read this, good info, pretty much knew all except for dialing 112 for the state troopers (applies to the US)

Attention! Important!
Especially to the ladies we all care about...
A MESSAGE FROM THE OFFICE OF ATTORNEY GENERAL
STATE OF MICHIGAN :

SITUATION..
While driving on a rural end of the roadway on Thursday morning, I saw an infant car seat on the side of the road with a blanket draped over it.
For whatever reason, I did not stop, even though I had all kinds of thoughts running through my head. But when I got to my destination, I called the Canton PD and they were going to check it out. But, this is what the Police advised even before they went out there to check....

"There are several things to be aware of ... gangs and thieves are now plotting different ways to get a person (mostly women) to stop their vehicle and get out of the car.

"There is a gang initiation reported by the local Police Department where gangs are placing a car seat by the road...with a fake baby in it....waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check on the abandoned baby.

"Note that the location of this car seat is usually beside a wooded or grassy (field) area and the person -- woman -- will be dragged into the woods, beaten and raped, and usually left for dead. If it's a man, they're usually beaten and robbed and maybe left for dead, too.

DO NOT STOP FOR ANY REASON!!! DIAL 9-1-1 AND REPORT WHAT YOU SAW, BUT DON 'T EVEN SLOW DOWN.

Oh yea, about the EGGS:
"IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE THROWN AT YOUR WINDSHIELD, DO NOT STOP TO CHECK YOUR CAR, DO NOT OPERATE THE WIPERS AND DO NOT SPRAY ANY WATER BECAUSE EGGS MIXED WITH WATER BECOME MILKY, AND BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%, AND YOU ARE THEN FORCED TO STOP BESIDE THE ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM OF THESE CRIMINALS.
THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS, SO PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES.

THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE ARE UNSAVORY INDIVIDUALS WHO WILL TAKE DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT."

Please talk to your loved ones about this. This is a new tactic being used. Please be safe.

Get started NOW -- SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES TO BE CAREFUL AND BE AWARE OF EVERYTHING AROUND THEM SO AS NOT TO BECOME THE VICTIM.

WARNING # 3:
Some knew about the red light on cars, but not Dialing 112.
It was about 1:00 p.m. in the afternoon, and Lauren was driving to visit a friend. An UNMARKED police car pulled up behind her and put his lights on. Lauren's parents have always told her to never pull over for an unmarked car on the side of the road,but rather to wait until they get to a gas station, etc.

Lauren had actually listened to her parents advice, and promptly called,112 on her cell phone to tell the police dispatcher that she would not pull over right away. She proceeded to tell the dispatcher that there was an unmarked police car with a flashing red light on his rooftop behind her. The dispatcher checked to see if there were police cars where she was andthere weren't, and he told her to keep driving, remain calm and that he had back up already on the way.

Ten minutes later 4 cop cars surrounded her and the unmarked car behind her. One policeman went to her side and the others surrounded the car behind. They pulled the guy from the car and tackled him to the ground. The man was a convicted rapist and wanted for other crimes.
I never knew about the 112 Cell Phone feature. I tried it on my AT&T phone & it said, "Dialing Emergency Number."
Especially for a woman alone in a car, you should not pull over for an unmarked car. Apparently police have to respect your right to keep going on to a safe place.

*Speaking to a service representative at Bell Mobility confirmed that 112 was a direct link to State trooper info. So, now it's your turn to let your friends know about "Dialing, 112"

You may want to send this to every Man, Woman & Youngster you know; it may well save a life.

This applies to ALL 50 states
PLEASE PASS ALONG TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY, IT CAN SAVE A LIFE....

EDIT: ps. what was the offense he pulled you over for?

CYBER
02-14-2012, 11:01 PM
ps: what was the offense he pulled you over for?

apparently GPS devices count as handheld devices if not mounted on a stand...
my gps stand was in my other car, I picked up the gps in a hurry for a meeting in some random location, and I had the gps rested in my hand while im LISTENING to (not looking at) the instructions...
apparently it still counts as "talking on the cell phone"
*Derp Moment*

EDIT: needless to say i was still late for my meeting...:headache:

toma
02-15-2012, 04:53 PM
hope that shit gets thrown out

i got my last 'speeding' ticket thrown out cause the trooper who pulled me over knew it was a bs stop and i called him out on it.