PDA

View Full Version : DoD:S?

blackmail242
03-05-2012, 11:06 AM
So out of curiosity I went on DoD:s ( day of defeat source) today just to look around at whats on there. while there are plenty of servers out there I noticed that there is only one*wcs style server.
* I did stumble across an RPG server but that is not the same.
I would like to know if there would be any plans or if there had at one point been wcs server by IBIS for DoD:s.
:/ I feel the hate coming already.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-05-2012, 11:32 AM
So out of curiosity I went on DoD:s ( day of defeat source) today just to look around at whats on there. while there are plenty of servers out there I noticed that there is only one*wcs style server.
* I did stumble across an RPG server but that is not the same.
I would like to know if there would be any plans or if there had at one point been wcs server by IBIS for DoD:s.
:/ I feel the hate coming already.

i don't think there is a war3 mod for dod:s

also, no.

blackmail242
03-05-2012, 11:38 AM
There is at least a Warcraft mod in DoD:s. Can I least be given a reason as to the no?

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-05-2012, 12:27 PM
There is at least a Warcraft mod in DoD:s. Can I least be given a reason as to the no? I am advocating for exspansion but at the end of the day, zero is the one doing all the work. It's not some witchery were you snap your finger and greatness is there, it take grueling hours by one person. Our CSS servers are most important, besides dods is a shitty game anyways.

brett friggin favre
03-05-2012, 12:35 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/15663761.jpg

blackmail242
03-05-2012, 12:43 PM
I am advocating for exspansion but at the end of the day, zero is the one doing all the work. It's not some witchery were you snap your finger and greatness is there, it take grueling hours by one person. Our CSS servers are most important, besides dods is a shitty game anyways.
:/ this is true. If zero wouldn't mind I'd love to learn how to do what he does and if possible help him around. Hell if he'd need he could leave me on my own with the DoD:S and hope for the best >.<

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-05-2012, 12:56 PM
:/ this is true. If zero wouldn't mind I'd love to learn how to do what he does and if possible help him around. Hell if he'd need he could leave me on my own with the DoD:S and hope for the best >.< do you have shit tons of money for college? Lol do you think a ceo of a mass chain of diners would go out of his way to teach a bus boy everything there is to know about running a multi billion dollar company?

This isn't some heart warming rise to success movie, this is the ibis CSS community. We are far more superior. If you want to learn how to code go to college.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-05-2012, 01:31 PM
it's simple. class-basedgames suck when you combine it with wcs/war3.

i don't know why there's a huge ammount of development for war3 to tf2, since it absolutely blows. also, it would be FAR less stable in dod:s, since there is no money system, a seperate money mod would be needed.

blackmail242
03-05-2012, 02:15 PM
do you have shit tons of money for college? Lol do you think a ceo of a mass chain of diners would go out of his way to teach a bus boy everything there is to know about running a multi billion dollar company?

This isn't some heart warming rise to success movie, this is the ibis CSS community. We are far more superior. If you want to learn how to code go to college.

<---- majoring in computer security and forensics.
Meaning I will be dealing with coding on several layers. I have yet to actually take a class in pursuit of coding but thats only because the schools classes haven't been rated highly enough :/.

maynard
03-05-2012, 02:24 PM
we're not gonna have anything 2 do with DoD lol... more so a WCS DoD or whatever you're going on about.

and zero likes doing shit himself.

Nemesis
03-05-2012, 10:05 PM
<---- majoring in computer security and forensics.
Meaning I will be dealing with coding on several layers. I have yet to actually take a class in pursuit of coding but thats only because the schools classes haven't been rated highly enough :/.

computer security and computer coding are totally different, please gtfo with your terrible ideas.

maynard
03-06-2012, 03:29 AM
nemesis is a troll... it's what he does, and he's also quite good at it.... But the only focus of IBIS is CSS, we're a CSS community and there's much work 2 be done on our CSS servers. that work needs 2 be completed before we even remotely think of moving onto something diff... and even if we had the servers where we wanted them, a DOD server is the last thing we would end up doing.

there's a couple servers planned for the future... them being GG/DM and strait up DM, those will come before anything. as we appreciate your wanting 2 help and better the community, Zero personally likes doing everything himself... it's always been that way and prob always will be.

A couple people have been givin odd jobs like helping code a race or whatever... but Zero personally likes handling matters on his own. Feel free 2 send him a PM on the forums and a list of what you're good at and able 2 offer the community, but odds is you wont hear back from him... and if you do it will most likely be a "thanks for the offer, but no thank you" type msg.

Nemesis
03-06-2012, 03:42 AM
nemesis is a troll... it's what he does, and he's also quite good at it.... But the only focus of IBIS is CSS, we're a CSS community and there's much work 2 be done on our CSS servers. that work needs 2 be completed before we even remotely think of moving onto something diff... and even if we had the servers where we wanted them, a DOD server is the last thing we would end up doing.

there's a couple servers planned for the future... them being GG/DM and strait up DM, those will come before anything. as we appreciate your wanting 2 help and better the community, Zero personally likes doing everything himself... it's always been that way and prob always will be.

A couple people have been givin odd jobs like helping code a race or whatever... but Zero personally likes handling matters on his own. Feel free 2 send him a PM on the forums and a list of what you're good at and able 2 offer the community, but odds is you wont hear back from him... and if you do it will most likely be a "thanks for the offer, but no thank you" type msg.

On that note; could you add "Eat a dick" to your poll choices?

blackmail242
03-06-2012, 04:02 AM
computer security and computer coding are totally different, please gtfo with your terrible ideas.

... In order to deal with security you have to know how to manipulate code, so that you may prevent any holes from forming or to deal with holes already exploited.

As to maynard thank you kindly for the info, and I apologize about being hasty. I bought DoD:s and CS:S as a combo pack. I played DoD:s first and first server was a wcs one. ever since been hooked so I just wanted to recreate em :/. I will try to help him as I progress in my field so ^^ thank you again.

maynard
03-06-2012, 04:11 AM
... In order to deal with security you have to know how to manipulate code

2Kdpiaqx7KI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Mitnick

itni like a boss