PDA

View Full Version : Nade kills (before lvl 26), Knife Bonus

Jackie Marlow
05-15-2012, 07:06 PM
Any chance of a nade kill counting as a "level up" achievement for people not on nade level? For instance, killing a player with a nade you picked up from the top of the churches does not level you up if you're on knife of below.

Also, on some servers, you get a "speed bonus" for about 15 seconds if you get two or three knife kills in a single round; e.g. you walk/run faster for a period of time. This is a feature that was pretty fun on other servers and may be something worth considering. As for health bonuses for knife kills that other servers have (+20 health or whatever for a knife kill), I hate that shit and I'm totally against it.

Nemesis
05-15-2012, 11:23 PM
are there any other maps besides churches that spawn nades? I think it might be too much effort for such a small thing, and it would encourage people to camp their own church, which is enough of a problem without giving people a reason to do it.

Also I don't like the kill streak thing, but that's just me. I would like to see you get double lvls for a double kill though.

Jackie Marlow
05-15-2012, 11:41 PM
Most other GG servers I've played on gives you a level for a nade kill. And while it doesn't happen often, you can also get dropped nades from people you kill who were on lvl 26.

XX0wnsXY
05-15-2012, 11:47 PM
The very first GG server i played had the 3 knife kill speed bonus...it was fun. The nade thing, ive not experienced it giving a level, but like nem says..it may not be a huge issue on maps besides churches. Im all for extra fun stuff, so long as it doesnt bog down the server.

StarsMine
05-16-2012, 12:31 AM
I have picked up nade level peoples nades and used them to kill people, so yea if its a simple thing to do, I would like this to work out with a level

acolyte_to_jippity
05-16-2012, 07:13 AM
...why not just set it so that getting a kill with ANY weapon gives you a level?

there, problem solved.</sarcasm>

idiots

Jackie Marlow
05-16-2012, 11:24 AM
...why not just set it so that getting a kill with ANY weapon gives you a level?

there, problem solved.</sarcasm>

idiots
By your logic, a knife kill shouldn't advance you a level except when on knife level.

Idiot.

acolyte_to_jippity
05-16-2012, 07:27 PM
By your logic, a knife kill shouldn't advance you a level except when on knife level.

Idiot.

no, a knife kill steals a level from an enemy. because it's somewhat humiliating to get pwned by some twat w/ a pointy stick, when you have a piece of metal in your hand that goes bang! bang!

Jackie Marlow
05-16-2012, 09:44 PM
no, a knife kill steals a level from an enemy. because it's somewhat humiliating to get pwned by some twat w/ a pointy stick, when you have a piece of metal in your hand that goes bang! bang!
It's more fun to send them flying with a shitty explosion that often times doesn't even do 50 damage. :D