PDA

View Full Version : Running from knife fights.

Carmichal
07-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Okay, so most of you know I play gun game a lot. I just have a an idea to add to the server.

There should be a well defined rule on running away from a knife fight after you accepted it. Most of you play gun game know that when a knife fight isn't completed someone gets slayed, and it's not always the person who was running. In the rules set out by ZERO it is not explicitly mentioned, and I just thought it should be added.

Also I know this is beating a dead horse BUT PLEASE REMOVE FLOATING BODIES!!!!! They are nice to look at but can get in a player filed of vision.

That's about it.

Steamer
07-11-2012, 05:22 PM
I'd like a written rules on this Knife Fight running bullshit also.

I've slayed a few of the runners that don't lose levels.

StarsMine
07-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Its always the T player that gets slayed if you have not figured it out. Do not run when you are T, does not end well.
CT runners you have to worry about.

It does go under the rule that also disallows purposely getting yourself team killed or Giving someone the win on purpose by sitting on the nade.

Joker
07-11-2012, 05:30 PM
I would have to agree to have some kind of written rule because at first if your just plain running the terrorists will get slayed, but if the counter-terrorist get's knived and than the terrorist runs away the ct will get slayed because the ct has less health than the terrorist.

inthebutt
07-11-2012, 05:56 PM
You guys are right I'll talk to the other clan members and see if we can get something drafted up for this. in the mean time if you are an admin and you witness someone accepting a knife fight but than running away I want you to freeze them for the next round. do this for now till the clan can decide on a rightful punishment. personally I'm voting for a 24 hour ban when you do this.

Carmichal
07-11-2012, 06:10 PM
You guys are right I'll talk to the other clan members and see if we can get something drafted up for this. in the mean time if you are an admin and you witness someone accepting a knife fight but than running away I want you to freeze them for the next round. do this for now till the clan can decide on a rightful punishment. personally I'm voting for a 24 hour ban when you do this.

yay thank you :D

acolyte_to_jippity
07-11-2012, 07:53 PM
accepting and then running is considered delaying the game, which is not allowed. more explicit wording would be welcome, but until then people should understand how it is now.

CYBER
07-12-2012, 09:01 AM
accepting and then running is considered delaying the game, which is not allowed. more explicit wording would be welcome, but until then people should understand how it is now.

thats pretty much how i used to consider running from knives...
its delaying the game by delaying the knife fight results because you're being a pussy.

People always used to pull that shit on me whenever they accepted the knife fight too fast, and then go like "SHIT why the fuck did i accept it against cyber" (please note that im one of the best around at the back knife... and im being honest here)
so when they run away as CT or after getting a random SLASH not STAB at me when the player models are being summoned to the knife fight, I tend to get REALLY REALLY pissed. and i think its unfair.

+1 for proper wording, i honestly think that running away from a knife fight intentionally should be a slayable offence, and the players should be allowed to votekick ppl legitimately when they pull that shit.

inthebutt
07-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Okay guys effective immediately any player who has accepted a knife fight than runs away is to be slayyed and than warned. if said player does it again with in the same map than a ban will be issued. start the ban at 1 hour and if said player repeated this offense again increase ban in 1 hour increments. report all bans in the ban section of the forums that way other GG admin will be aware also.

XX0wnsXY
07-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Awesome..finally we can quit the bitching for warning them and say HEY LOOK ASSHAT..it's in the rules.

inthebutt
07-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Awesome..finally we can quit the bitching for warning them and say HEY LOOK ASSHAT..it's in the rules.Zero has to add it in writing but we as a clan did decide on this course of action for people who accept knife fights in GG and run away. If any admin has a player giving them grief after explaining it to them, refer them to me I'll set them straight.

Joker
07-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Zero has to add it in writing but we as a clan did decide on this course of action for people who accept knife fights in GG and run away. If any admin has a player giving them grief after explaining it to them, refer them to me I'll set them straight.

Good shit, Now we can finally actually say it's a written rule instead of saying it's a spoken rule and just getting pissy about the whole thing. Thanks inthebutt for taking this up with the clan members:wtg:

Fancy?
07-20-2012, 10:33 PM
I have fallen on the T-side of a few instances of the good-ole' "pussy run". Disconnection at 2 seconds or so when the CT is obviously running away will avoid the loss of levels. However, from my experience as non-admin, this usually results in an admin slay for 'rejoining'. My humble suggestion is to advise admins against slaying in such scenarios in addition to the aforementioned punishment to the running player. Kind of a throwback to my personal anecdotes, but I still feel like a rejoin in such cases should not be treated as an exploit when the "T loses levels" exploit is precisely what is being avoided.

Meltdown
07-21-2012, 06:13 AM
Just started playing gg and will keep this in mind because i also saw couple of runners...

Nemesis
08-12-2012, 11:39 PM
ummmm ok i would run away if you had 100 hp and i had 35 hp ITS WHAT MOST SMART PEOPLE WOULD DO :icon_mrgreen: :plzdie: :muffy:

And then you will be properly banned and everyone will be happy. You will then be mailed anthrax and fucking die.

XX0wnsXY
08-13-2012, 12:01 AM
ummmm ok i would run away if you had 100 hp and i had 35 hp ITS WHAT MOST SMART PEOPLE WOULD DO :icon_mrgreen: :plzdie: :muffy:

Derp...youre really derping right now. Stop posting in old threads that you dont bother to read or fully understand. Its annoying to see all of these new posts and see they say "lol fail" and its completely irrelevant. Also..stop it with te fucking emoticons..omg.

Carmichal
08-13-2012, 01:35 AM

You should kill yourself before you reproduce ok?

maynard
08-13-2012, 01:38 AM

is there a reason you're on these forums?

cause all you've accomplished is making yourself look like a fucking idiot.

Carmichal
08-13-2012, 01:40 AM
Wait! I have had a change of heart. It's not very nice to make fun of someone who has an obvious mental disability.

Omegxkid
10-04-2012, 02:25 AM
Just an idea i know I have not been on this forum long but you could also Code in a tether like i had in my server along time ago and when they try and run it pulls them back making them take 25 dmg and putting them in a place set to die for running like a noob. just an idea.. tho it is easy to just slay a chicken :assault:

Carmichal
10-04-2012, 03:33 AM
Just an idea i know I have not been on this forum long but you could also Code in a tether like i had in my server along time ago and when they try and run it pulls them back making them take 25 dmg and putting them in a place set to die for running like a noob. just an idea.. tho it is easy to just slay a chicken :assault:

necro.

Also 25 dmg would still make them 2 hits, no point.

Nemesis
10-09-2012, 11:32 PM

How about I code a tether where I fuck your mother's face every time you necro a post, you zombie mod cunt-child?