PDA

View Full Version : CS:GO Server Info

ZERO
08-20-2012, 02:08 PM
We will launch a CS:GO server after the game releases. It will be a 20 slot pub server.
IP: gopub.ibisgaming.com

ADMIN AND RESERVED SLOT WILL BE MADE TO WORK. BANS WILL EXIST ACROSS BOTH GAMES. ADMIN AND RESERVED SLOT PRICES WILL NOT CHANGE. AS ALWAYS ADMIN AND RESERVED SLOT WILL INCLUDE ALL IBIS GAMING SERVERS.

Let us hope we can get this dam thing to run smoothly. :wtg:

(NOTE OBVIOUSLY THAT ADDRESS WILL NOT GO ANYWHERE UNTIL THE SERVER IS LIVE)

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

After the first few weeks I will create psychostats rankings for said server.

maynard
08-20-2012, 02:36 PM
...w00t

Meltdown
08-20-2012, 02:38 PM
are there plans for zombie go on cs go?

maynard
08-20-2012, 02:44 PM
I look forward 2 playing on our GO PUB tomorrow ^^

strike one.

StarsMine
08-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Not without remaking the mod, dont expect it for at least 2 years.

ZERO
08-20-2012, 04:06 PM
There are some closed source mods floating around but I would not expect anything for like 6 months. We will expand into CS:GO over time as demand for particular types of servers/configurations increase where we feel that we can offer additional value to the community as a whole.

Sin
08-20-2012, 07:58 PM
Fuck yes bitch!

maynard
08-20-2012, 08:00 PM
Fuck yes bitch!

looks like you were correct sir, it really is a good game and well done. there's some things they did I don't like... like changing the name of gun game.. no clue why they would do something like that... given GG is even used in COD and BF as people love it... also don't like the other mode they have, demolition or whatever it's called. but I'm loving classic casual... hella good times.

Nemesis
08-21-2012, 12:02 AM
looks like you were correct sir, it really is a good game and well done. there's some things they did I don't like... like changing the name of gun game.. no clue why they would do something like that... given GG is even used in COD and BF as people love it... also don't like the other mode they have, demolition or whatever it's called. but I'm loving classic casual... hella good times.

so gungame is already included in the game? shouldn't be hard to have a gg server then eh? how are the maps? mostly remakes of the standard CSS ones or cool ones in space with lasers and no black people?

maynard
08-21-2012, 12:54 AM
so gungame is already included in the game? shouldn't be hard to have a gg server then eh? how are the maps? mostly remakes of the standard CSS ones or cool ones in space with lasers and no black people?

GG sucks right now. there's 2 maps for it, there's no nade round, there's no scout, there's instant respawn if you die...

meh...

our CSS GG is 100000 times better.

I've been enjoying the shit out of classic casual.

Sin
08-21-2012, 07:56 AM
Classic Competitive is the way to go. $800 start money. They just need to get rid of the post-processing effects and the shitty fog. There was a HUGE thread about that shit months ago, but I guess HP just didn't care.

There is a way to disable it server-side though I believe. Zero do it!

StarsMine
08-21-2012, 08:13 AM
ill need to play the game to see what your talking about sin, generally I like post processing effect. Fog I can see as getting annoying.
That GG sounds odd. I enjoy deathmatch a whole lot, but instant respawn sounds like it would make the game to fast past and make death not really a punishment for fucking up.

Sin
08-21-2012, 08:31 AM
Here's a video of what I mean. My qualm with all this shit, is that it is unnecessary. Any extra shit just adds to lack of clear vision when seeing enemies. Which is why I hate the fog. Granted it's not as bad as it used to be, but still... I'd rather it not be there AT ALL. I just want it to be an option is all.

If you guys want it, you can have it, but for those who don't need the "eye candy" it would be nice to disable that shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzyoZCIItys

ZERO
08-21-2012, 01:44 PM
I am working on getting the bare bones server up now. Once I get that running I will get basic admin and weapon restriction online. Once those are good I can then open up the server for the public. To save time we will be DE only for right now. I will roll out more changes later in the day. The key is to get something up so we can get everything figured out.

Sin
08-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Which weapons are you planning on restricting? Keep in mind a lot of the weapons work differently now. I think they did a good job of evening out the assault rifles. They all are great fun to use and are VIABLE.

ZERO
08-21-2012, 02:08 PM
OK finally after 2 hours got the dam thing to actually boot up. Should be really in another 3-4 hours. Actually what ever. You all can at least mess around on there for now here is the temp address: vip.ibisgaming.com

Yes it is replacing the vip server.

maynard
08-21-2012, 02:28 PM
I don't think we should restrict any weapons. as sin said, the game is far more balanced than it was in CSS...

the map also changes when a team hits 6 team wins... so it takes you normally 2-3 rounds before you even have the option of getting an awp or say auto sniper.. and if you die.. well you wont be getting one again most likely before the map ends... aside for maybe the last round. everything is far more balanced gun wise, and with it being first team 2 win six wins.. there's just no reason 2 restrict anything.

ive got like 15 hours of ingame time, and Ive barley seen anyone even purchase the awp anymore as it's exspensive, and takes a while 2 get.

I would suggest not restricting anything, and seeing how it plays out before making actual restrictions.

Sin
08-21-2012, 02:38 PM
You can change the server config to time limit instead of round limit. Steamer and I were playing on a public server last night. Shit ton of people.... tick rate wasn't nice though :\

maynard
08-21-2012, 03:10 PM
could we un-restrict kevlar?

Sin
08-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Is it restricted, or do you have it on automatically at the beginning of the round, because I know some serves I was playing on automatically gave it to you.

brett friggin favre
08-21-2012, 04:07 PM
first rounds of cs:go on the ibis server was sweeeeeet! it has improved a lot since the beta i played, i'm rather pleased with it. love the sniping, seems much less noob friendly...right maynard? :smirk:

<3

XX0wnsXY
08-21-2012, 04:08 PM
first rounds of cs:go on the ibis server was sweeeeeet! it has improved a lot since the beta i played, i'm rather pleased with it. love the sniping, seems much less noob friendly...right maynard? :smirk:

<3

I enjoyed playing. I'm watching the server consistently waiting for it to be up again. I never really looked much into GO, but I must say..it's very different in some ways, but very similar too...it's a nice balance.

Cortez
08-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Tried joining and it said "You don't have this 3rd party mod installed"?

EDIT:
Can't launch game from "severs" window without the game running. I had to open CSGO and click "join game" under Owns who was already playing.

XX0wnsXY
08-21-2012, 04:49 PM
Tried joining and it said "You don't have this 3rd party mod installed"?

EDIT:
Can't launch game from "severs" window without the game running. I had to open CSGO and click "join game" under Owns who was already playing.

Yeah, same thing with me. I added server to favs. Also, my headphones took a shit while playing..:(

Cortez
08-21-2012, 05:37 PM
Great server! enjoying it a lot. IMO CSGO is easier than CSS, but that's just an opinion.
Also, I asked a few others, but my chat window is so small that I cannot read it most of the time. Anyone know a fix for this? I checked all the options without any luck... :banghead:

EDIT: Is there a console command for the size of chat window?

maynard
08-21-2012, 06:24 PM
fuck you FARVE!

Decoy
08-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Stoked to have a GO server to play on now... everyone I always try for is full. Good to see the old IBIS crew again.

Sin
08-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Zero made the server 128 tick! NIIIIIIIICE! I love it.

Make sure you guys set your rates/rate and interp correctly so you can appreciate it more.

Decoy
08-23-2012, 12:21 PM
Do they allow console access yet? I couldn't enable it in BETA...

maynard
08-23-2012, 12:27 PM
yes... yes they do.

Decoy
08-23-2012, 05:31 PM
For whatever reason I can't connect. Console says this:

connect gopub.ibisgaming.com
Connecting to public(208.43.70.235:27015) ...
311.355: Sending UDP connect to public IP 208.43.70.235:27015
Invalid GetHostVersion(), expecting 11751, got 11740
Unknown command "joingame"

wtf...

XX0wnsXY
08-23-2012, 05:40 PM
For whatever reason I can't connect. Console says this:

connect gopub.ibisgaming.com
Connecting to public(208.43.70.235:27015) ...
311.355: Sending UDP connect to public IP 208.43.70.235:27015
Invalid GetHostVersion(), expecting 11751, got 11740
Unknown command "joingame"

wtf...

server needs updated.

Decoy
08-23-2012, 05:41 PM
server needs updated.

Yeah - I was just reading about this. There was a patch update today for Dedicated Servers... apparently it broke shit.

brett friggin favre
08-29-2012, 10:33 AM
so it seems nobody goes on the server unless we get 5 or 6 admins to populate it lol. how difficult would it be to switch it to competitive style, just to see if we can get more players on? not saying for sure it will but i figure it'd be worth a try if it's not too much trouble

Carmichal
08-29-2012, 10:42 AM
so it seems nobody goes on the server unless we get 5 or 6 admins to populate it lol. how difficult would it be to switch it to competitive style, just to see if we can get more players on? not saying for sure it will but i figure it'd be worth a try if it's not too much trouble

Hit and miss on that on I was playing yesterday morning, thinking I would see more people join, just zero ended up in there.

Sin
08-29-2012, 10:51 AM
I only play GW2 now. :)

maynard
08-29-2012, 10:53 AM
more people play casual... PUB is PUB people will always get bored of it. most the top servers are modded servers... DM quite often, JB (gross) and 24/7 dust and or office servers.

brett friggin favre
08-29-2012, 11:24 AM
I've seen plenty of rotation pubs with pretty constant population. just tossing out some ideas.

maynard
08-29-2012, 11:41 AM
well GW2 didn't really help the cause of getting this server going either given michelle, myself, owns, sin all have been on GW2 basically non stop lol...

Ive been fucking around in a DM server a lot when I do play though... it's fun... and a good way 2 just experiment with the guns.

ZERO
08-30-2012, 04:21 PM
I think the key is to try to differentiate from the valve servers more. Poeple that just want 20 slot pub can get that from valve. However 20 slot competitive they can not get from valve. It might be worth switching to that for a while.

Also I plan to create a plugin so that the colors will work in game again. After that is done I can work on setting up a gg server for go. Same config as our current one with the new weapons. The tazer will be before the knife.

BladeTwinSwords
08-30-2012, 06:12 PM
I would honestly enjoy a 20 slot competitive server.

maynard
08-30-2012, 06:50 PM
I'm not into the 5v5... not sure if that can be changed or not. whenever I joined a competitive it was 5v5...

BladeTwinSwords
08-30-2012, 07:51 PM
I managed to find a 12 vs 12 Competitive server for the time being. I must say they are quite popular.

XX0wnsXY
08-30-2012, 11:53 PM
I think the key is to try to differentiate from the valve servers more. Poeple that just want 20 slot pub can get that from valve. However 20 slot competitive they can not get from valve. It might be worth switching to that for a while.

Also I plan to create a plugin so that the colors will work in game again. After that is done I can work on setting up a gg server for go. Same config as our current one with the new weapons. The tazer will be before the knife.

Tazer lol...that will be so funny! I can see kids raging now.

maynard
08-31-2012, 12:07 AM
as long as it's 20 slot, I could careless what we do. if you can do 20 slot competitive and it's unique, shit, go for it.

Sin
08-31-2012, 07:50 AM
Competitive versus Casual, is just a difference between Friendly-Fire, and money you receive from kills really. In Valve standards I mean.

BladeTwinSwords
08-31-2012, 09:19 AM
Also there is no Zeus in Competitive and I believe the max cash is 9999.

Also ZERO I think the Zeus should go after the knife. It's basically a higher damage, shorter range grenade.

maynard
08-31-2012, 04:07 PM
GO PUB is still down... can't join it, just kicks you out a couple seconds after it trys connecting.