PDA

View Full Version : What type of maps

ZERO
08-21-2012, 08:54 PM
There are 2 of all the default maps the normal ones which we have now and the _se maps. The maps are exactly the same but the _se ones do not have fog nor random shit flying around making it easier to see.

These are stripped down competitive maps designed for league play.

So what do you want to see on the server?

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo1sLobO5VE

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHUaFPT4GIs

XX0wnsXY
08-21-2012, 11:07 PM
I prefer the se maps

maynard
08-21-2012, 11:10 PM
DE

it looks better.

having 2 versions of every map would just be stupid.

StarsMine
08-21-2012, 11:31 PM
I like the effects, and we arnt doing league games.
So the regular Go maps

maynard
08-21-2012, 11:57 PM
I like the effects

agreed. I wana play the maps the way they were intended 2 be played. that I think it's nicer in default... also the slight bit of fog I think is good for people who are sniping, can make it a slight bit harder for them which is never a bad thing.

Sin
08-22-2012, 06:42 AM
I prefer the se maps. The default maps HP made are just way too fucking messy, with unnecessary shit flying everywhere, and ridiculous fog constricting vision. This isn't CoD!

maynard
08-22-2012, 06:43 AM
there's fog in COD?

Sin
08-22-2012, 06:46 AM
Yeah? I disabled the shit out of it in BlackOps. But more importantly, there's shit flying everywhere in those games.

maynard
08-22-2012, 06:49 AM
I don't recall there being fog ever in COD? and I own them all.. at-least no where like there is in CS GO...

at the end of the day I don't overly give a shit which map style we go... I just don't ant 2 see 2 of the same map for every map on the server... that would just be stupid... and cause people 2 argue about which version they rather play all the time, and then ask admins 2 please change 2 which ever version they would prefer.

Sin
08-22-2012, 06:56 AM
I think this thread is for Zero to figure out which maps to have on the server. One or the other. That problem shouldn't even come up.

ZERO PICK SE MAPS PLOX! I'LL SUCK YOUR DICK!

brett friggin favre
08-22-2012, 09:46 AM
ZERO PICK SE MAPS PLOX! I'LL SUCK YOUR DICK!

proof that those who support the SE maps are indeed, homosexuals.

Sin
08-22-2012, 10:12 AM
hatersgonnahate

On a serious note, I just don't like to sacrifice practicality and game performance for eyecandy. HP toned down their maps from what they were, but the fog is still retarded.

brett friggin favre
08-22-2012, 10:26 AM
hatersgonnahate

On a serious note, I just don't like to sacrifice practicality and game performance for eyecandy. HP toned down their maps from what they were, but the fog is still retarded.

i have no issues with the fog, i feel it just kinda tests your focus a bit more. which i rather enjoy. other eye candy such as pots and shit, yeah they give campers more spots to be dicks, but that's just more places to toss a molotov and watch that fucker buurrrrrnnnnn. BUUUUURRRRNNNNNNN!!!!!! i feel the difference in gameplay will be so minimal between the two kinds of maps that it's really pointless to use one over the other though, but you know there's gonna be 12 year olds coming in here like HEY WHY ARENT THERE POTS? WHY'S THERE NO FOG? WHAT IS THIS? and if i have to choose between the annoyance of fog and the annoyance of fags....i'll take fog thank you.

Sin
08-22-2012, 10:42 AM
The props and shit aren't what was removed. It's the dust particles, random ash flying around, and the fog. Watch the videos Zero posted in 720p or whatever the max quality is, and you'll see huge differences. Clarity matters.

That being said, there was a huge thread about that shit during the beta a few months ago, and HP wanted to please everyone, so they created the se versions of the maps. It's fucking retarded that any gamer can defend fog of war in an FPS... it's just unnecessary, especially in a franchise like this. Crystal clear vs. frosted goggles. Don't you wipe your goggles off on your shirt so you can see clearly now that the rain is gone?!

brett friggin favre
08-22-2012, 11:00 AM
There were some pots i noticed were gone in mid on inferno, and what I'm saying is that i haven't noticed the fog being an issue for me, so i really don't mind it being there

SUGGESTION: put both types on the server, we can play one version for a couple rounds, switch to the other and compare side by side in-game, then decide which will be kept and which will be dumped. Thoughts?

maynard
08-22-2012, 03:17 PM
Don't put both versions on! the only diff is less fog.. and a bit less color, we don't need 2 versions of every fucking map, jesus what's wrong with you ppl!?

Chikun
08-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Anything to annoy Maynard.

FOR THE LULZ!!!!!!

maynard
08-22-2012, 03:26 PM
Anything to annoy Maynard.

FOR THE LULZ!!!!!!

shut up you stupid chicken! I kill your brethren in CS GO Daily!:icon_mrgreen:

Sin
08-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Don't put both versions on. Just trust Sin.

brett friggin favre
08-22-2012, 03:59 PM
Don't put both versions on! the only diff is less fog.. and a bit less color, we don't need 2 versions of every fucking map, jesus what's wrong with you ppl!?

i was just suggesting both versions temporarily so we could do a side-by-side and compare how it affects gameplay.

Chikun
08-22-2012, 04:13 PM
shut up you stupid chicken! I kill your brethren in CS GO Daily!:icon_mrgreen:

Oh lawdy, do they have chickens in the market on Italy? Haven't seen the videos, at work.

maynard
08-22-2012, 04:33 PM
yes sir.. and they explode when ya shoot them =)

StarsMine
08-22-2012, 05:28 PM
Yea, I would personally like to play both maps and vote again, the videos did a terrible job comparing the two.

maynard
08-22-2012, 05:30 PM
Yea, I would personally like to play both maps and vote again, the videos did a terrible job comparing the two.

that's because there's little 2 no difference between the 2 styles lol.

roshill
08-23-2012, 08:26 AM
I saw a couple of differences. Having been played on pro league in the past I would have gone for the SE maps. But I just wanna enjoy the original maps produced by valve. Its a little off and hazy but I enjoy those graphical improvements. Dont want it to be source all over again.

Sin
08-23-2012, 09:04 AM
The SE maps were created by the developers, I stated that a few posts back. Do some research.

Chikun
08-23-2012, 03:29 PM
yes sir.. and they explode when ya shoot them =)

I will fight for my brethren then.