PDA

View Full Version : Stan™, 9/29/12, ~10am(CST), STEAM_0:1:42847436

Bane of Soldiers
10-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Name in Game: Stan™
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:1:42847436
Where: Zombie Mod
Link to any previous bans: none
Reason to ban: Knowing and purposeful violation of server rules (Intentionally becoming zombified not completing escape objective/staying in spawn during escapes)

Referencing this thread as a basis, in hopes of setting a more formal precedent (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/9441-B-Man) This player first appeared in June of 2012, spent 568 hours in server, currently ranked 18 with 6200 skill. Don't care if it's a ban or not, something should be at least said.
DEMO: 6378

Took me forever to look into the incident, been busy all week, BUT

I will say this: although the documented evidence shows few examples, it is an outright shame to find out that a former admin and known regular to the server would intentionally act in this way. Proper regulars know better than to retaliate, for you will be regarded as a rule breaker yourself. And that is why this post is here. As your credibility is in question, I am also forced to speculate... as a player who's become a notable regular after you first appeared 4 months ago, did you truly earn your top 1 percentile placing and all of the 6000 skill points to go with it? There is no solid proof, just saddening speculation.
Justice is blind. No hard feelings?

Tick 24,000, end of Round 3: Stan comments on Arsenal’s behavior; (right after Arsenal becomes zombified (on purpose, see other thread (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/9975-Arsenal-9-29-12-10am%28CST%29-STEAM_0-1-28851590)) and bhops up to the front of the humans.) Excerpt of chat log regarding Arsenal:

minjae.jjang: wtyf…
phil.™ (no sound) ibis.a:..
Stan™: arsenal be rapin everyone
Stan™: in their underwear
phil.™ (no sound) ibis.a: this is really messingup my ranki
Stan™: place
Tick 29,000, end of Round 4: Stan™ calls Arsenal out

Stan™: stop becoming zombie arsenal
Stan™: stop rank manipulating
Stan™: or else i do it
Tick 37,300-40,000, start of Round 5: Stan™ declares intentions and acts on them. After saying:

Stan™: WELL
Stan™: TIME TO BECOME ZOMBIE
Stan™ dawdles in spawn with a scout. Gives a halfhearted attempt to shoot the zombie with said weapon. Tagged shortly after.
Ticks 50,000-52,000, start of Round 6: Stan™ dawdles a short distance away from spawn, inside a van. Hears the zombie spawn sound and quickly zteles back. After emptying a few bullets into the zombie, he starts intentionally walking up to it until he is tagged;
~62,000: Stan™ leaves as the 7th round begins

Edit (10/06): .....damn it, I forgot to add polls on all three threads. Done. >.<

Stan
10-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Well looks like I'm a total douche bag right now.
Just gonna say it.
I'm sorry :banghead:

XX0wnsXY
10-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Well looks like I'm a total douche bag right now.
Just gonna say it.
I'm sorry :banghead:

Why would you do those things, knowing the rules? Do you not give a fuck, or was it a lapse in judgement?

Since he is here and says sorry I would think a warning would suffice, and stiff "next time definite ban" type of thing.

However, you do know..ban or not, people WILL be watching you, oh so closely, now..right?

Stan
10-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Why would you do those things, knowing the rules? Do you not give a fuck, or was it a lapse in judgement?

Since he is here and says sorry I would think a warning would suffice, and stiff "next time definite ban" type of thing.

However, you do know..ban or not, people WILL be watching you, oh so closely, now..right?

Yes I do know that people will be watching me, very closely. I did know the rules, but, I was very stupid. :headache: I am truly sorry of what I've done and I hope one day somebody will forgive me, because IBIS is my favourite server, I've been playing it since I got Counter Strike Source (which was about 5 months ago). And I would never want to be banned on this server.

Assassin
10-07-2012, 11:25 AM
Then do as OWNS says (and the rules say). If you have been here that long you know how strict we are on the rules...especially on rank manipulation. Remember Treehoe? 1 mo ban for rank manipulation, and that was Maynard being nice about it (which in and of itself is few and far between).

anex
10-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Don't stoop to his level next time. Also I will say, hanging at the back of the group, running backwards and doing single shots is an effective method to stop people that do this. I'll preach that till the day I die.

Looks like you got the message though. Owns pretty much summed it all up though.

Steamer
10-07-2012, 08:54 PM
User has already been properly warned. Actions won't be so "positive" next time. Closed.