PDA

View Full Version : unban the holy sh**!

THE HOLY SH**T!
10-12-2012, 11:46 PM
Name in Game: THE HOLY SH**!
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:1:15490062
Who bann:ed you: brett friggin favre
When: 12:18 a.m
Where: Gun Game
Why banned: Joining multiple times...?
Link to ban: http://www.ibisgaming.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist

Other/Reason to unban: Was hopping between ZM and GG waiting for a good zm map to come up and I was banned. I could not get a hold of the admin to ask why or even explain myself but i don't feel i should be banned for jumping between servers since i am one of the few regulars who actually play in both..

It is only a day ban but the fact of the matter was i wasn't even kicked or warned or even questioned by any admin, again SHIT ADMINS need to be outed already...It was the second or third round into the map as well which put me too the AWP while the leader was either on AK or Scout...

link to demo below... Ill be on dayz or something till a person with proper power can unban me.

maynard
10-12-2012, 11:48 PM
brett is hardly a shit admin, if anything he's been nothing but a stellar admin as far as ive ever seen....

ive tried discussing the issue with him, but like you, can't reach him at this time, and will wait for his response before thinking of making an unban.

THE HOLY SH**T!
10-13-2012, 12:02 AM
obviously if he can't take 5 seconds to ask, holy why did you disconnect/reconnect and instead get ban happy; doesn't make for an appropriate admin under the tos guidelines.

I don't even think he was in game, unless he was hiding his admin tag and the only player too say something was carmichal saying, "Alright Holy. Thats plenty enough" at 10,000 tic on the demo.

This some serious business now going from m249>awp Watch out people, hes trying to gain free levels!!!!!!!

brett friggin favre
10-13-2012, 12:09 AM
you left and rejoined immediately (as in not like you went to another server) on the previous map, and again on deagle. the demos will show that quite clearly. i was alerted of the first rejoin and pulled the demo of that map to confirm. i then monitored your activity on the server from outside, and saw you once again leave and rejoin immediately. you've been around here plenty long enough to know the rules, and its clear you're clever about only breaking them when there are no admins on. clever, but not clever enough. i will keep a closer eye on you when the ban expires, be warned.

THE HOLY SH**T!
10-13-2012, 12:16 AM
you left and rejoined immediately (as in not like you went to another server) on the previous map, and again on deagle. the demos will show that quite clearly. i was alerted of the first rejoin and pulled the demo of that map to confirm. i then monitored your activity on the server from outside, and saw you once again leave and rejoin immediately. you've been around here plenty long enough to know the rules, and its clear you're clever about only breaking them when there are no admins on. clever, but not clever enough. i will keep a closer eye on you when the ban expires, be warned.

A statement is worthless if your statement can be disproved, I have a demo while the map Holdout mountain on the ZM server was playing at the same time that Deagle was playing. You can clearly see me join the ZM for a few seconds, type in next map, then disconnect instantly and go back to GG. If someone who has the ability to check the logs and see that, it will correspond very well.

Again, ignorant admins who dont follow the TOS and to think they should represent ibis. PFFT.

edit: not uploading for me, will be having some assistance.

brett friggin favre
10-13-2012, 12:26 AM
and the map before deagle? you know the rules...I'm not in the business of making exceptions. you rejoin, you get punished. you can attack my admining all you want, i couldn't care less what you think. my record speaks for itself. i stand by the ban.

Pootie Too Good
10-13-2012, 12:27 AM
you left and rejoined immediately (as in not like you went to another server) on the previous map, and again on deagle. the demos will show that quite clearly. i was alerted of the first rejoin and pulled the demo of that map to confirm. i then monitored your activity on the server from outside, and saw you once again leave and rejoin immediately. you've been around here plenty long enough to know the rules, and its clear you're clever about only breaking them when there are no admins on. clever, but not clever enough. i will keep a closer eye on you when the ban expires, be warned.Well, i was out getting pizza when holy was sent me that he got banned for rejoining, which of course i lol'd and questioned because i've never watched him do it (we usually to play in the same room), which we both know is in the rules... and then he said "It was on holdout and i wanted to see the next map, which was shit, so i went back to gungame. Now, let's go look at the holdout demo. On holdout, he connects from 112500 tic, types nextmap, says "oh boy...", and leaves. If you notice in the gungame demo, it says the current map is holdout. I think the best part is the 1 level jump, because that was such a drastic jump. I guess some people play way too seriously while some play for fun. Kind of a blind ban? and if you're wondering why I'm posting this, Holy asked for me to do so due to his shit keyboards inability to pull up the console.

I can't speak for the first disconnect, due to me not being sure why he did it. Uhhhh, maybe he needs his rank up higher. That tends to be what holys all about, as long as i've known him. Actually, i think he should be banned one lifetime per level jumped. [/sarcasm] Oh, and day bans are serious business..... on the weekends.

Also, out of curiousity, if it were me who rejoined, would you stalk me until i did it again? Or was this another example of a holy hunt.

THE HOLY SH**T!
10-13-2012, 12:35 AM
and the map before deagle? you know the rules...I'm not in the business of making exceptions. you rejoin, you get punished. you can attack my admining all you want, i couldn't care less what you think. my record speaks for itself. i stand by the ban.

Are you illiterate and so egotistic you ignore the fact that i care about playing in the zm that i hop back and fourth waiting for a map worth playing? Ive been doing it for weeks now due to time constraints with school+work.

Your record and admin ship is a joke, you have proven to me you and others you cant even do it properly and go on misinformed information to conclude your results. Upper level admin...This is what the ibis adminship has reduced to, nothing but putzes and e-warriors.

Demo bellow 111500 tic, logs will also prove on multiple occasions in the hour that I was on hopping between GG+ZM. RELLIKDLOC is someone i don't like personally and overall a bad admin but he atleast followed the rules and ask why i was joining in/out. He eventually slayed me because someone kept crying about it, which I wasn't happy with, but did his job.

brett friggin favre
10-13-2012, 12:43 AM
you rejoined. multiple times. I DO NOT GIVE A SHIT WHY. i do not make exceptions. i will not start now. you wanna play zmod, fine go play zmod. got a friend in there? ask him what the next map is. don't go breaking other servers rules and expect not to be punished for it.

THE HOLY SH**T!
10-13-2012, 12:57 AM
you rejoined. multiple times. I DO NOT GIVE A SHIT WHY. i do not make exceptions. i will not start now. you wanna play zmod, fine go play zmod. got a friend in there? ask him what the next map is. don't go breaking other servers rules and expect not to be punished for it.

Not breaking rules jumping between servers, especially between ibis servers. I'll accept this, but its just obnoxious to ruin my fun because of an apparent rank manipulation when you don't actually know what's happening. If it wasn't me, i can almost guarantee that you wouldn't have pursued me as strongly or even second look.

As stated, you didn't even warn me or follow the TOS correctly. Even'more, I have proven i have been jumping between GG and ZM and you banned me just because biasness and someone saying i kept joining for levels. At the end, your just an average admin, and ive seen plenty of admins in my time of ibis that are far off better then you. I don't know how someone so ignorant got ULA but I see why since most of the good regulars left when ibis was good...

brett friggin favre
10-13-2012, 01:08 AM
dude i didn't like you before, but i don't hold grudges. now you're on my shit list. its not server jumping you were banned for, it is rejoining the gungame server. you know you did it, i don't care if you were jumping between servers. you. broke. the. rule.

THE HOLY SH**T!
10-13-2012, 01:21 AM
dude i didn't like you before, but i don't hold grudges. now you're on my shit list.

http://swiftor.com/attachments/f7/10887d1332196093t-bitches-watch-out-we-got-badass-over-here-meme.png

You act like your shit list means anything when im the HOLY shit, but thanks for admitting now you will be more biased and out for me.

As i said egotistic....:stupid: can't follow the proper steps as an admin and cant even do a simple job ( which you even pay for ) correctly.

brett friggin favre
10-13-2012, 01:32 AM
k. I'm done here. have fun

Pootie Too Good
10-13-2012, 01:34 AM
-Exploiting the handicap by leaving and rejoining is not allowed. Any form of rank manipulation will not be tolerated.
I guess it goes to how one would interpret it, but if someone showed a reason of why they left, then wouldnt that void the assumption that they left to exploit the handicap? Like if you shot someone, the cops might arrest you assuming you murder them, then you proved that you shot them due to the fact that they had a gun to your dogs head, would that not say that it wasn't murder? Obviously i have a bias towards holy, seeing as we're related, but fuck, clearly you can't be blind enough in this scenario to not be able to see that it was excessive to ban him based on assumption that he was doing it with intention to gain levels?

brett friggin favre
10-13-2012, 01:55 AM
intentional or not, the handicap was exploited. and he had still yet to account for the first incident. there is no argument to be made here...the rule was broken. the intention isn't what's important, its the result.

Assassin
10-13-2012, 02:08 AM
I also hate to say it holy but you can clearly just bring up the server list and see what map its on and THEN jump when you see a good map. Just my 2 cents.

Rapedollar$
10-13-2012, 02:10 AM
holy, stop being a bitch.

Meltdown
10-13-2012, 04:01 AM
This is not the first, this also happens at zombie mod. I don't understand why most people are instantly punished and this guy keeps slipping trough all rules and avoiding what he should get. the fucking perm ban.

ibis is getting soft....

maynard
10-13-2012, 04:43 AM
I'll look into this tomorrow. if he did leave and rejoin as quick as brett says, well it's obvious he wasn't joining the other servers... as the time frame wouldn't make sense... and apparently it happened multiple times.

as someone already pointed out... you don't need to leave the server to see whose in the other ones... or what map it's on... I wont believe someone whose been playing as long as you doesn't know this.

I've learned from my past with you, you tend 2 break rules... and just argue you're right even when it's beyond obvious you're not... but I'm not going 2 obviously make any judgement till I see the demo and just how fast you rejoined... but wont be surprised if this is one of those situations.

the rules clearly state that leaving and rejoining is not allowed... it's your responsibility 2 realize what you're doing when you do it and how it might look.. Christ, when I was playing GG a bunch and I had 2 leave and deal with issues on other servers, I wouldn't even rejoin till the map changed, cause it just looks bad, regardless of whatever excuse you want 2 throw down... If I'm clan and scared of myself looking bad by joining and rejoining... even when I have an official reason, someone like you whose on a final warning and on thin fucking ice obviously should be playing things a little smarter.

Pootie Too Good
10-13-2012, 05:30 AM
I'll look into this tomorrow. if he did leave and rejoin as quick as brett says, well it's obvious he wasn't joining the other servers... as the time frame wouldn't make sense... and apparently it happened multiple times.

as someone already pointed out... you don't need to leave the server to see whose in the other ones... or what map it's on... I wont believe someone whose been playing as long as you doesn't know this.

I've learned from my past with you, you tend 2 break rules... and just argue you're right even when it's beyond obvious you're not... but I'm not going 2 obviously make any judgement till I see the demo and just how fast you rejoined... but wont be surprised if this is one of those situations.

the rules clearly state that leaving and rejoining is not allowed... it's your responsibility 2 realize what you're doing when you do it and how it might look.. Christ, when I was playing GG a bunch and I had 2 leave and deal with issues on other servers, I wouldn't even rejoin till the map changed, cause it just looks bad, regardless of whatever excuse you want 2 throw down... If I'm clan and scared of myself looking bad by joining and rejoining... even when I have an official reason, someone like you whose on a final warning and on thin fucking ice obviously should be playing things a little smarter. Well, Lawyering here, but look at the demo in Holy's OP, and pull out a stop watch. when he disconnects, please feel free to start your stop watch. continue this until he rejoins, which i clocked at 47 seconds. Now, look at this demo, at 111200 tics, and resume it. when holy joins that, start the stop watch again and until he leaves the server. They both came out at 47 seconds for me, which should be proof enough, not to mention that in the demo Holy provided, which said that the zm was on zm_holdout_mountain_fixed..... I wouldn't waste my time trying to defend holy if i didn't know that this wasn't bogus. The fact that meltdown is screaming for perma is laughable. Clearly, looking at these screen shots, holy checked the nextmap, and when it wasn't something he wanted to play, he left and went back to gungame. He only gained 1 whole level in gungame due to this, which makes the perma ban request, once again, even more laughable. screenshots from the 47 seconds that holy was in the server : 6402 6403

I looked at the map before gg_mini_house, which holy was 5-7 towards the beginning of the game. he died, said bullshit, rage quit and joined back just a few seconds later. he was 6-0. massive level gain. but I guess it doesn't ignore the fact that he did do it. Keep his day ban, but the repeat of it was bullshit. How Brett claimed that he was watching it like a hawk, after carmichal told him after warning holy that 'he was going to sick the admins on him' after he left on mini_house, because clearly he wasn't as i posted above, and the fact that anyone is asking for a perma is absolutely laughable though.

XX0wnsXY
10-13-2012, 11:18 AM
5500 leaves. rejoins at 8800 on deagle

However, you are SO good at leaving shit out...here is minihouse in which you leave and rejoin almost instantly, as brett says

minihouse -

leaves at 13030 rejoins at 13247

Tick 15322 Carmichal calls you on it and you don't do it again.

Holy, you were banned before for rank manipulation and talked your way into one more chance. I would say that this could constitute as a rank manipulation that could be your downfall. I feel like brett was right and since you are an older member of the community and we KNOW you know the rules, there are no excuses. Especially that you were checking ZM. I think that is the most stupid excuse you could have thought of.

brett friggin favre
10-13-2012, 11:24 AM
@pootie, ok so there's a rule now where if you rejoin 45 or more seconds after you left, it's cool? sweet, glad shitty regs can now make up rules as they please. NOT. yes he only gained 1 level on mini house (owns' demo, tick 12900), but that was an instant rejoin and the intent was clear there and he did gain a level illegally. holy has been around since '08. he knows the rules and he was blatantly breaking them. and again...the 47 seconds thing...who gives a fuck? it's still under a minute even...saying that delay makes it cool to rejoin is fucking ludicrous. i'm sick of people breaking these rules and getting away with it, and i'm sick of people like holy being whiny little bitches cuz they got caught. i'm usually a very reasonable person, ask anyone.

and oh about my shit list, it's only had a few people on it and most if not all of them are perma'd now. you've been on your last leg for a while now holy. now you have two more eyes on you.

also wanted to add i feel like a day ban was more than generous to you, given your history. to say that i was biased against you is beyond stupid. you won't get off that easy again.

CYBER
10-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Holy, before anything else, dont EVER disrespect other admins, or ULA in specific ever again. Regardless of whether you were right or wrong, dont disrespect other people. If you do, you're the bad guy no matter what the real facts are. And btw, disrespecting ibis and ULAs pissed me off, and you know that I like u ... Brett is one of the best out there.

Which brings me to my point: Holy, you cried wolf toooo many fucking times. From rank manipulation, to just general grieving... 1 thread after another. And just like the story, don't expect anyone to jump to your defense instantly.
that being said, i understand your point of view about jumping between servers to check the current and next map... but seriously, you can simply check what the current map is every 10 mins by either checking the Server List in steam OR typing !servers and reading the chat display of what map they're on... Not to mention the automatic server advertisement in the chat every few mins...
You can also just type anyone in zm on steam and ask them for map and next map... i see no point in jumping between servers, specially since it takes for-fucking-ever to load a map and join and return back... it just seems counter productive to time saving...Hence brett's logic that you constantly rejoin.

2 points of view, holy explained his. It's a gd defense, seems like a reasonable excuse to say that the rejoin was not for rank manipulation, but it is stupid behavior...

Brett saw you leave and rejoin, leave and rejoin, leave and rejoin. Clearly he cant be in both servers at the same time ... If you ask me i would have banned such player too(or anyone else) if i noticed that pattern, so dont go disrespecting an admin who was doing his job , and doing it well might i add since he took the time to watch your pattern for a while. Most admins would just give up or not even pay attention... So show some respect to brett for being a GOOD fucking admin, it shows that the GG server is protected from rejoiners, smthn YOU bitch about a lot no?

That said, holy's screenshots shows his "presumed" intent for the rejoining. I guess the most important thing to look at is "what level was holy at, and what did level did he become after each rejoin"...

its an annoying case.
Brett is doing his job, looks like holy didn't mean to fuck up intentionally? (but you DID fuck up based on the GG rules, no matter what excuse u have, u broke the rejoining rule. No one gives a fuck if u went to another server, took a shit, masturbated in less that 47 seconds and came back. you REJOINED, constantly. So whatever happens, you did screw up the GG rule.

So holy, instead of bashing on brett calling him an ignorant admin, i would be playing it cool now and show some respect. You have your excuse, we get it , you didnt mean to rank manipulate apparently? fine.
But brett is still right regardless about the ban itself, and you are disrespecting an admin now, he can still hold u in for admin disrespect (much like resisting arrest and assaulting an officer in real life), so just start acting civilized, everyone, and stop prick waving when you should be discussing problems, solutions and pre-emptive fixes.

Steamer
10-13-2012, 05:05 PM
Both have their points, I HIGHLY doubt Holy would of came here making a big shit about it knowing damn well he is on perma status if he indeed did rejoin soley for level gain. I just think this is one hell of a miscommunication and assumption.... Everyone is blowing this out of proportion.

brett friggin favre
10-13-2012, 05:53 PM
Both have their points, I HIGHLY doubt Holy would of came here making a big shit about it knowing damn well he is on perma status if he indeed did rejoin soley for level gain. I just think this is one hell of a miscommunication and assumption.... Everyone is blowing this out of proportion.

if i thought it was solely for level gain, and that he actually gained a measurable advantage in doing it, i would've put this up for perma. yes, it's being blown out of proportion. it is a one day ban which as i mentioned previously is pretty generous given his history. it's longer than most rejoining bans, but the fact that it happened on consecutive maps, by a player who's been around since '08, and without admins on the server let me know a message needed to be sent. i'm not gonna make assumptions as to why someone's rejoining, i'm not gonna waste my time asking every repeat offender why they rejoined. it is against the rules, no matter the intention, and he was punished. i don't see why there needs to be a 3 page thread about a 1-day ban for rejoining when the demos show the player rejoining on consecutive maps.

maynard
10-13-2012, 07:14 PM
Re thought about this, and honestly, I'm tired of giving you last chances. you've had more than most have, and not a single person should have 2 explain any rules 2 you in this community, you should know them like the back of your hand. it's blatant and obvious you left and rejoined 2 exploit the cap... granted there's evidence of you leaving, going 2 another server and then rejoining also, but that really doesn't matter as you're still breaking the rules.

I've made this as a topic of discussion in the clan section, and have already discussed it with other clan. You're perma banned, and will most likely remain there.

granted this could end up as a long temp ban, but I don't see that really happening as other clan are fed up with your shit as well, and you were already on final warning, and no excuse justifies you breaking the rules... more so when common knowledge of the game prevents you from having 2 leave and rejoin 2 see what map other servers are on...