Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Beta Shop Menu Balance Released

1. Default Beta Shop Menu Balance Released

On the test server is the beta release of the shop menu balance system. Currently it will apply to all items for testing as to verify if it works at all. Here is how it is configured to work:

• Applies 5% discount to items after enemy team is >2 wins above you
    • Applies additional 5% for each win above you so that 3 wins above = 10% and 4 wins = 15%
    • Decimal results are rounded up
    • Discount is capped at 75%

Please test and post results. Also please start to list what items should not be discounted so far all I can think of is the tome.

2. Default

nice real nice

3. Default

Does the discount end once your team starts to win? I can see a team being down say, 8-0, people rage, autobalance kicks in and then people with money are on the other team, and can buy whatever they want for cheap, or maybe im just crazy paranoid.

As far as items which shouldn't be discounted: How about a different limit on how cheap the lace and ankh go, since a super cheap ankh means that you should have money to spend on other items anyway. And the Lace is obviously the most important thing, but since it is the only item people getting their ass kicked should be buying, its where their money should be going. I know you can't fix stupid, but people aren't clamoring for sock of feather or flaming gloves of warmth.

So overall, Tome, lace, ankh are the most vital items, so maybe a scaled discount to represent that? Not a cheaper tome of course.

But I'd be interested in seeing how the testing goes, I may be off base.
    Last edited by What; 01-06-2013 at 08:58 PM.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    Does the discount end once your team starts to win? I can see a team being down say, 8-0, people rage, autobalance kicks in and then people with money are on the other team, and can buy whatever they want for cheap, or maybe im just crazy paranoid.

As far as items which shouldn't be discounted: How about a different limit on how cheap the lace and ankh go, since a super cheap ankh means that you should have money to spend on other items anyway. And the Lace is obviously the most important thing, but since it is the only item people getting their ass kicked should be buying, its where their money should be going. I know you can't fix stupid, but people aren't clamoring for sock of feather or flaming gloves of warmth.

So overall, Tome, lace, ankh are the most vital items, so maybe a scaled discount to represent that? Not a cheaper tome of course.

But I'd be interested in seeing how the testing goes, I may be off base.
    All items need to be discounted so the losing team has a chance.

ZERO I would actually recommend a discount rate that it not linear. Say until one team is up 3 wins the items should be the same then something like this

4 - 25%
    5 - 35%
    6 - 45%
    7 - 55%
    8 - 60%
    9 - 65%
    10+ 75%

My main reason being is I believe 5% is too slow and most maps are over by around 13 rounds or so unless it is extended. The max limit would still be 75% but a faster build up then you planned, as your current 5% rate means 17 rounds to get the max discount and if it's 17-0 which I have seen it many times, usually the map is only a few rounds from being over at that point. Furthermore it also would lower the discount quicker if the losing team becomes stacked from say team switchers or new people joining the server.

I like the idea, but the current distribution is not a good idea, IMHO. If one of the team losing team suddenly is on a streak (lets say they were down 12-0 but now they won 5 in a row), these discounts should be negated.
    The Complete WCS Guide
    (Click on it)

"They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard."
    Our subject isn't cool, but he thinks it anyway - he may not have a clue, and he may not have style, but everything he lacks, well, he makes up in denial!
    Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.

6. Default

I like that, It would lower the discount quicker, but what about, and no idea if you can program this, after 3 consecutive wins, by a team the discount goes away, until they lose again, and the scaling kicks back in? I am wary that this wont so much balance as much as having one team lose 8 times in a row, then the other do the same.

Edit:
    Also as far as items which shouldn't be discounted, consider the scroll of respawning
    Last edited by What; 01-06-2013 at 09:51 PM.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

7. Default

K.I.S.S.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Beta testing shows the program is working 100% on all items and tome is restricted from the discount.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Current maths for those interested:
    Code:
    //Subtract the number of difference balance should start at and mult the amount of discount to apply per level of difference
                new Float:balanceMult = (GetTeamScore(EmemyTeam)-GetTeamScore(ClientTeam)-1)*0.05;

//Apply limit to max discount
                if(balanceMult>0.75)
                {
                    balanceMult=0.75;
                }

//Inverse the balanceMult as to deduct that % from the initial cost
                balanceMult=1-balanceMult;

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    K.I.S.S.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Beta testing shows the program is working 100% on all items and tome is restricted from the discount.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Current maths for those interested:
    Code:
    //Subtract the number of difference balance should start at and mult the amount of discount to apply per level of difference
                new Float:balanceMult = (GetTeamScore(EmemyTeam)-GetTeamScore(ClientTeam)-1)*0.05;

//Apply limit to max discount
                if(balanceMult>0.75)
                {
                    balanceMult=0.75;
                }

//Inverse the balanceMult as to deduct that % from the initial cost
                balanceMult=1-balanceMult;
    Obviously not all of it but looks clean.

9. Default

On the test server is the beta release of the shop menu balance system. Currently it will apply to all items for testing as to verify if it works at all. Here is how it is configured to work:

• Applies 5% discount to items after enemy team is >2 wins above you
    • Applies additional 5% for each win above you so that 3 wins above = 10% and 4 wins = 15%
    • Decimal results are rounded up
    • Discount is capped at 75%

Please test and post results. Also please start to list what items should not be discounted so far all I can think of is the tome.
    this pleases me.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Spasm View Post
    All items need to be discounted so the losing team has a chance.

ZERO I would actually recommend a discount rate that it not linear. Say until one team is up 3 wins the items should be the same then something like this

4 - 25%
    5 - 35%
    6 - 45%
    7 - 55%
    8 - 60%
    9 - 65%
    10+ 75%

My main reason being is I believe 5% is too slow and most maps are over by around 13 rounds or so unless it is extended. The max limit would still be 75% but a faster build up then you planned, as your current 5% rate means 17 rounds to get the max discount and if it's 17-0 which I have seen it many times, usually the map is only a few rounds from being over at that point. Furthermore it also would lower the discount quicker if the losing team becomes stacked from say team switchers or new people joining the server.
    I like this distribution more. For the same reasons spasm said.

HOWEVER, as what said above, i think that if the "loosing" team wins 3 rounds IN A ROW, it should mean that they no longer require the discounts to survive. I think that he's right: if any team wins THREE rounds in a row, it should disable the discount system. And if they lose a round, that's when the appropriate discount is applied (depending on the new margin between the team scores.).

Eitherway, good work. this should at least help out in balancing, slightly.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...