Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Beta Shop Menu Balance Released

1. Default

gonna agree with spasm. if the losing team starts winning and flipping the coin on the winning team, it's obvious the system is working and after x amount of wins it should shut off 2 have a level playing field again.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

2. Default

I have made changes to the shop menu as to help reduce glitches and crashes when weapons are removed and given back to players. I have also removed the loop that gave nades every 10 seconds for gloves and instead you just get 99 nades. This will reduce glitches and improve performance.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

I have bug tested and everything appears working fine. 24 hours to report new bugs with these changes and the updated shopmenu and engine will go live.

3. Default

I agree with the things cyber and spasm said. The shop menu balance would be great as a temporary fix for the unbalanced games we have now in wcs, but if we have a good autoteambalance system implemented, I don't think it would be necessary to have the shop menu balance anymore. The shopmenu balance pretty much promotes a situation that allows weaker players to get some easy kills on stronger players through item stacking instead of having strong players on opposite teams fighting eachother.
    Still, I think it's a great work done by Zero.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I have made changes to the shop menu as to help reduce glitches and crashes when weapons are removed and given back to players. I have also removed the loop that gave nades every 10 seconds for gloves and instead you just get 99 nades. This will reduce glitches and improve performance.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

I have bug tested and everything appears working fine. 24 hours to report new bugs with these changes and the updated shopmenu and engine will go live.
    HORRIBLE idea.
    The Complete WCS Guide
    (Click on it)

"They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard."
    Our subject isn't cool, but he thinks it anyway - he may not have a clue, and he may not have style, but everything he lacks, well, he makes up in denial!
    Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.

5. Default

I agree with the erdenay... this basically will give any race a stupid amount of nades... and could real easily unbalance the game in general.

the item needs a serious raise in price, or the nade amount seriously lowered.... or both.

something like 10 nades would be far more legit, with a decent price for the item. cause the issue is, you can now just throw nade after nade... there is no 10 second cool down which is quite important... any race with +dmg on nades could become REALLY unbalanced as they would just spam nades.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    I agree with the erdenay... this basically will give any race a stupid amount of nades... and could real easily unbalance the game in general.the item needs a serious raise in price, or the nade amount seriously lowered.... or both.something like 10 nades would be far more legit, with a decent price for the item. cause the issue is, you can now just throw nade after nade... there is no 10 second cool down which is quite important... any race with +dmg on nades could become REALLY unbalanced as they would just spam nades.
    i also agree with tom. I came here just to say 'let the raiden/geno nade spamming begin!..." ... Now i also think that maynard really cut it down. Let's say that u get a nade every 10 seconds. This would mean that within a round, u should be able to collect about 180/10= 18 nades. Lets round it down to 15 (hurray for crappy math) and thats how many nades u could use at most. Chose to use them all to kill 1 stupid dodgig vaga, or use them wisely 1 at time. It's ur choice. But 99 grenades is REALLY A bad idea. 15-20 seems more reasonable considering some map sizes.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

7. Default

That seems like it could go bad quick. While it would actually make the item useful, something like a raiden could go spam happy, and even other races who have effects on damage could become really annoying. Perhaps fewer grenades, I would suggest to keep it the way it was, but if its a performance issue it is better to have a newer system.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    I agree with the erdenay... this basically will give any race a stupid amount of nades... and could real easily unbalance the game in general.

the item needs a serious raise in price, or the nade amount seriously lowered.... or both.

something like 10 nades would be far more legit, with a decent price for the item. cause the issue is, you can now just throw nade after nade... there is no 10 second cool down which is quite important... any race with +dmg on nades could become REALLY unbalanced as they would just spam nades.
    It now works exactly as it did in the original wcs in that you have a nade right after you tossed your last one...

9. Default

no. 20 is way 2 fucking much, cause you're not waiting for your next nade, you can sit there and just spam them, and 20 nades with a class like orc would seriously fuck everything up.

the issue is spamming, that's it.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

10. Default

99 is way to much.... talk about nade spam centeral