Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Beta Shop Menu Balance Released

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    just be careful in the programming of it.
    You don't want someone who's been on the loosing team with 75% individual discount end up on the WINNING team (swapping there) and have him join the rampaging lead by his teammates AND retain his full discount.

Because that would exploit this shit even more.
    Personally, I wouldn't mind losing my discount if i went from the loosing to the winning team for some reason, im not sure what others think though.
    how about, the discount resets to 0 upon team switch?
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

2. Default

if it's not being considered, there should be some thought given to late joiners. if you join late to a team losing 2-12, you should have item discounts to represent the fact that your team's getting facerolled, to start at least

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by brett friggin favre View Post
    if it's not being considered, there should be some thought given to late joiners. if you join late to a team losing 2-12, you should have item discounts to represent the fact that your team's getting facerolled, to start at least
    why? a single player joining can immediately swing games, even when they're that far "behind". say spasm, or wolf join that losing team. no. people that join should start at 0 discount, and work their way up depending on their performance.
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    why? a single player joining can immediately swing games, even when they're that far "behind". say spasm, or wolf join that losing team. no. people that join should start at 0 discount, and work their way up depending on their performance.
    Well not everyone's spasm or wolf. Those guys will win 3-4 rounds (keep in mind they only start with $800) and the discount will go away because of individual wins, but the vast majority of the players will join, be on a losing team, and continue to lose and again, starting with $800, will need all the help they can get to try to turn it around.

Fire, walk with me.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    i'd have to agree with this. The game can completely change with 1 guy joining.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    i'd have to agree with this. The game can completely change with 1 guy joining.
    Or 1 guy leaving the team.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenstinger View Post
    Or 1 guy leaving the team.
    well duh.
    Think of how many times a team has been stacked because balto or aleko or spasm or someone good was on it.
    The second they leave, you start noticing the other team win instantly sometimes. so yeah..

and just to prove my initial point, i cant tell you how many times my team would be dominating the enemy, and then tom joins, someone with actual BRAINS in game, and plays solely to counter my fucking ass and taking leadership of the other team.
    Suddenly that team starts countering better, with or without the items because of the added player.
    I would definitely not recommend someone just joining a losing team and getting cheap shit like that.

Besides brett, think about it. In order to get cheap items, u must have been losing round after round, and therefore affecting ur kdr and score. If anything it's a sacrifice to balance the almost free shit....

If you allow anyone to just join a team that's been loosing since forever and get the free perks without the actual "cost" ... yeah, im against that... Besides, people will still be able to cheat the system by leaving the game and coming back to the losing team... It's the gg handicap leveling exploit all over again...
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

8. Default

mm didn't think about exploiting it like that. guess im just a good little boy.

Fire, walk with me.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by brett friggin favre View Post
    Well not everyone's spasm or wolf. Those guys will win 3-4 rounds (keep in mind they only start with $800) and the discount will go away because of individual wins, but the vast majority of the players will join, be on a losing team, and continue to lose and again, starting with $800, will need all the help they can get to try to turn it around.
    also, this isn't league of legends or NS2. an early lead can't snowball as much as you seem to be thinking. after about 2-3 rounds, money will be fairly even if the losing team is at all smart with their buys.