Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Slaying the Vagamonster

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Erdenay View Post
    Oh, I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying. This is a great guide - easy to read and to understand along with high usefulness. Even Cyber or thecat could do it. My argument was about a very specific part of the guide that I do not agree with.

Not exactly - at least not the way you cover it. All decisions have an element of a choice (or at least an illusion of choice) and this is true for both mine and your examples. Correct, if you choose to go anywhere in the map and if you get shot by a skywalker that you couldn't have seen or by a human that is pretty much invisible, it's by choice. If you get rushed by spiderfag in the 1st 3 seconds of the map, you have a choice to either face it, try to run away or hide. Same is true for vagas. There's very few maps where vagas can rush as well as spiders, but since you've used Westwood as an example, I'll respond to that particular example:

Both T's and CT's have houses where they can hide (or they can hide behind buildings) - furthermore, they can play races such as human, undead, etc. (races that have high mobility and can get away from spawn very fast). If you buy your things too long and if you complete for too long and you get shot while you're still shopping - it is also partly your fault as you had a choice to buy things quick and disappear - yet for some reason you chose not to (this may be an unconscious decision). Vaga rush is pretty much as survivable as any other - and your guide should help a lot for newer players. However, calling vaga rush douchey pretty much means that using any advantages that you may get that may not have completely been intended or are very powerful means you are a douche.
    Good post. All races are counterable. If you're unable to counter someone, its not the race, they're just simply better than you and would likely own you in standard CSS as well. Thats my two cents... People who whine about vaga, human, jack, molecule, etc would find something else to whine about if those races were nerfed.

East Coast (and that's all I'm tellin' xD)

Quote Originally Posted by brett friggin favre View Post
    make sure that you have the "shadow details" option in your settings set to HIGH. thanks cyber)
    After reading this, I went to options to make sure this was set right. Turns out I've been playing with shadows on LOW since I can remember... this would explain a lot haha. Another thing to add to this might be flashlight sweeping and using the mini-map. Less efficient, but can also let you see vagas that are much further away if you hit them with the beam. Assuming this holds true since last time I was on >.<
    Artist's Representation - "Finding life on the go board"

3. Default

Having played positively zero WCS, reading these threads is like being on LSD.