Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Auto-Balance

1. Default Auto-Balance

It seems that one of the biggest problems on the WCS servers is the lack of a good auto-balance program. Time and time again, one team just completely dominates the other. The winning team is getting all the money, so the cycle just becomes stronger. The solution seems so easy with an auto-balance system that moves the top player to the other team. I don't know what it is like in the other servers here, but in WCS the problem is giant; and scores such as 10-1 are common.

Balanced teams would make it more fun for everyone. Right now, it's very often 1-sided.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Axiom Guard View Post
    It seems that one of the biggest problems on the WCS servers is the lack of a good auto-balance program. Time and time again, one team just completely dominates the other. The winning team is getting all the money, so the cycle just becomes stronger. The solution seems so easy with an auto-balance system that moves the top player to the other team. I don't know what it is like in the other servers here, but in WCS the problem is giant; and scores such as 10-1 are common.

Balanced teams would make it more fun for everyone. Right now, it's very often 1-sided.
    has it occured to the losing team to try changing races around? instead of just being steamrolled and taking it like bitches, try making an effort to not get rolled, by changing races and countering the really strong enemies. hint: shadow hunters are a good idea

this idea has been brought up MULTIPLE times in the past. zero is currently working on something that might help, but the problem is not as large as so many people tend to make it.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    has it occured to the losing team to try changing races around? instead of just being steamrolled and taking it like bitches, try making an effort to not get rolled, by changing races and countering the really strong enemies. hint: shadow hunters are a good idea

this idea has been brought up MULTIPLE times in the past. zero is currently working on something that might help, but the problem is not as large as so many people tend to make it.
    Perhaps it has occured to losing teams to do this. But the reality is that time and again the scores are 10-1, 19-4, etc. The scores don't lie. This happens all the time, every single day. And if there was an auto-balance system in place, it would happen less.

4. Default

There is a system that decreases the prices on the shopmenu items when your team is getting dominated. It's been implemented for awhile now. Buying items for super cheap can really help turn it around for your team if you're smart about it

5. Default

Thanks for that. This does go a long way toward balance. However, I'm still seeing large mismatches. Is there a way to look at the server and see what the game scores were for maps over the day?

6. Default

You definitely are oversimplifying the problem.

The team stacks being made are not of leveled players, but talented players- or just people that know how to (ab)use a higher end race.

I'd like to suggest to ZERO to allow the community to observe the balance intended. With public feedback, I think the issue could be solved quicker.
    It's not just a matter of switching races. Some players do need to be pitted against each other.
    The moon is my goddess.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LunaTick View Post
    You definitely are oversimplifying the problem.

The team stacks being made are not of leveled players, but talented players- or just people that know how to (ab)use a higher end race.

I'd like to suggest to ZERO to allow the community to observe the balance intended. With public feedback, I think the issue could be solved quicker.
    It's not just a matter of switching races. Some players do need to be pitted against each other.
    i oversimplify nothing. this has been brought up in the past, and shot down because it's not a good idea. i've played since the old WCS server, where the threat of an EVA entering was enough to make even the most manly of maynards shit themselves. Always, without fail, people adapted their playstyles to counter their opponents. Wolf comes in with his vagalion? swap to shadow hunter! flame preds and xonverts running circles around you? swap to night elf, root and killt heir ass!

normally in CS:S, if teamstacking occurs, the losing team is fucked. they can't spontaneously become better, all they can do is lay down and spread 'em. However, WCS adds another dynamic, another scale, another variable. WCS lets you change something OTHER than your skill, which can help to make up for deficiencies in the former category.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

8. Default

Yes dear god look through past posts this has been brought up and addressed .
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

9. Default

normally in CS:S, if teamstacking occurs, the losing team is fucked. they can't spontaneously become better, all they can do is lay down and spread 'em.
    Aye, hence team-balancing devices.

However, WCS adds another dynamic, another scale, another variable. WCS lets you change something OTHER than your skill, which can help to make up for deficiencies in the former category.
    Sweet. Still, let us look at one who has changed their race.
    Oh! Look! Now they're only doing slightly less worse! How swell!

You'll notice I've emphasized "can" in your quote. Which means there is, and by is I mean quite definitely, the chance that changing your race will do shit all because the stacking people are talking about is not race stacking but player stacking.

It's daft to think that races/abilities/items will suddenly turn the tide of battle when you have a demoralized team against a stoic, unyielding, already-established team of top-end players. It's not hard, I shouldn't think, to say, "Oh, here are the top two/four players; maybe I should move one/two of them to the opposing team for one/two of the lower two/four players? Now let us see how the games run."
    The moon is my goddess.

10. Default

i oversimplify nothing
    This.

If you're on the losing team... simply do better. You have all the tools available. If you start using playerinfo, finding out what the other team is and work 2 counter them you can level things out... Christ we even have super cheap shop menu items now for the losing team... qq'ing about un balanced teams is just a joke now lol. if you can't with all the races, and items and items at a discount now do half decent... well you have no one but yourself 2 blame.

some basic forms of stacking will always occur when someone like that prick spasm joins or other skilled players... but if you're against skilled players, try learning from them and make yourself better... once again... all the tools are there and at some point if people still can't prevail or even hold your own it really comes down 2 being a personal problem more than anything.

Can't wait till Eva comes out lol... the QQ'ing will be quite funny. The server is simple now... wait till you have one of those running around the map.

Maynard - The WCS Guy