Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Definitive Mafia Thread/Role Wiki

1. Default

What you both just posted gets into flavour. Some people use bulletproof to mean "night death proof", which is why they have the bomb bounce off bulletproof. Some use SK as a knife. If SK is a knifer, some rule that it gets past the bulletproof. Related: Epic killer goes right through BP.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Your aim will be somewhat impacted although testing showed this to have minimal impact on ability to kill stuff b/c you all suck at aiming anyways.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    What you both just posted gets into flavour. Some people use bulletproof to mean "night death proof", which is why they have the bomb bounce off bulletproof. Some use SK as a knife. If SK is a knifer, some rule that it gets past the bulletproof. Related: Epic killer goes right through BP.
    I don't think it's flavour, but more of the basic set up of the role and what should be expected of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

Perhaps adding in some acceptable role combinations like Role Stopper/Lovers or a Mailman/Watcher.

also, i did not see but is the universal backup role in there?

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

should also add Motivator.

and the virgin princess modifier.
    Personal reform

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    Perhaps adding in some acceptable role combinations like Role Stopper/Lovers or a Mailman/Watcher.

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

The whole point in making this list is so there wasn't stupid bullshit everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    The whole point in making this list is so there wasn't stupid bullshit everywhere.
    what bullshit did i suggest? I suggested two roles and a role modifier. Both reasonable roles and a role modifier to balance all the bastard shit thats in that list already. Finally, i see no problem with role combinations, especially when we get to a point when we are doing role madness games.
    Personal reform

6. Default

what bullshit did i suggest? I suggested two roles and a role modifier. Both reasonable roles and a role modifier to balance all the bastard shit thats in that list already. Finally, i see no problem with role combinations, especially when we get to a point when we are doing role madness games.
    virgin princess is stupid.
    modifier is stupid.
    role combinations are annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    virgin princess is stupid.
    modifier is stupid.
    role combinations are annoying.
    virgin princess makes for an easy town balancer and becomes a valuable asset to town.

The motivator is a very useful role, seeing as how to my knowledge it is the only role that protects someone from being roleblocked.

combined roles may be annoying, especially when there is only one or two but that is something that can be fixed with game specific rules put in place. Combined roles will make for very interesting games during role madness games. Games where night actions equate more then daily drivel.
    Personal reform

8. Default

virgin princess makes for an easy town balancer and becomes a valuable asset to town.

The motivator is a very useful role, seeing as how to my knowledge it is the only role that protects someone from being roleblocked.

combined roles may be annoying, especially when there is only one or two but that is something that can be fixed with game specific rules put in place. Combined roles will make for very interesting games during role madness games. Games where night actions equate more then daily drivel.
    If you'd rather play a game where everyone shoots lasers out of their dicks ad talking is boring maybe this isn't for you.

9. Default

... don't know if stupid or blind... you know virgin princess is the combination of both VIRGIN AND PRINCESS, 2 modifiers that are already stated

10. Default

Virgin's under the "uncommon town roles" already.

Combinations should largely be left up to the mod, IMO. Simple logic should tell you if it's a bad idea. Lightning Rod/Nexus is bad. Giving 1-shot vig to a cop can work.

Also: this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Your aim will be somewhat impacted although testing showed this to have minimal impact on ability to kill stuff b/c you all suck at aiming anyways.