Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Definitive Mafia Thread/Role Wiki

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    Night starts are just more fun, and most of the times gives us more information for Day 1.
    Except for the guy who gets killed immediately and literally gets to do nothing. Also, I think this immediately kinda fucks the town since it lets mafia strategize before the first day, and makes any investigation or protection truly random since you haven't had a chance to read players yet and decide what you need to do.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

2. Default

Also whats the point of making a thread of information already readily available online if you bother to give it 2 minutes.

3. Default

Because this is IBIS and they are lazy fucktards.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    Except for the guy who gets killed immediately and literally gets to do nothing. Also, I think this immediately kinda fucks the town since it lets mafia strategize before the first day, and makes any investigation or protection truly random since you haven't had a chance to read players yet and decide what you need to do.
    This doesn't make sense to me. Skipping Day 1 avoids the random lynch that everyone knows is going to be town and everyone also knows that mafia is going to get a kill that night unless the doctor gets really lucky. So as it stands skipping Day 1 helps town by limiting the number of dead to probably 1 and provides the first day phase with an investigation and therfore more information.

Claiming any legitimate argument can be made about information gathering on Day 1 to me is false as no one is going to be claiming a power role unless they are very stupid or hoping they can get a protection and that mafia doesn't have a strongman. Everyone is flying blind on Day 1 and nothing is gained until the next day.

Tastes like your moms kisses.

5. Default

and how many times on day 2 has no useful information been gathered? Quite frequently. At least with day 1 you have chance at getting a mafia killed, and yes I have often gathered useful information on the first day, especially who I should protect or investigate. And more importantly, day 1 provides information that can be combined with information and posts from later days to reveal more information, provided people are not lazy about looking back. I would be willing to try a night start game, but I am certain it will be shitter for the town than anything. And with a role like beloved princess in play, a night start could be incredibly devastating. Yes you are blind at the beginning of day one however you do learn some information which may prove useful, and a night start does nothing to provide better information and indeed could prove even worse. Also, you smell.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    Also, you smell.
    I indeed possess this sence. You stink. :P

Tastes like your moms kisses.

7. Default

Normally day start games gives certain roles the option to use their abilities DURING the day or ONLY during daytime, so that more information can be gathered. If we're gonna continue doing Day Starts, I would recommend adding that option to your role lineups, mods.

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

8. Default

So whose running the next game?

Also I think we should keep this as just a general discussion about the state of the game, things that happened during play that are both good and bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

9. Default

I actually changed my mind about playing in Blade's vanilla mafia game. I'm out. Shit's too boring.

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    I actually changed my mind about playing in Blade's vanilla mafia game. I'm out. Shit's too boring.
    I don't think it'll be boring with the right group of people. It'll be totally discussion based and you won't have people saving themselves by being able to claim stupid shit that people can't verify. You'll actually have to know what you're doing to get through it. that being said, if it's full of people like Shadow and Taz and Wolf then you're right; it'll be stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/