Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Surprised about who can get admin

1. Default Surprised about who can get admin

Hi All,
    I understand that $11 bucks a month can get anyone admin. I guess i just didn't realize that that would include anyone. No Wheaties purchased admin so that he would stop getting "banned by admins who didn't like him." This is a direct quote from him. I am sorry, but this tells me that he does not respect the current GG admins or the rules on the server. The kid basically purchased the right to stop being muted and banned, and he is taking full use of it. He continues to mic spam, for which he has been banned multiple times in the past. This has not been put in the admin abuse sub forum because it's not technically abuse, but it is annoying as fuck all. Also question for everyone so that I know what i can put in the Admin abuse forum. 2 things that bother me. He uses Slap @all a lot after round. And when a Mutt and I were on level 17 an RTV vote started. I asked him to cancel it and his response was "Yolo." Any of these things abuse worthy?
    -Trig

2. Default

Well he has already been vote banned by the server once since he got admin for spamming the mic. Someone needs to instruct him that admin does not allow him to break any of the normal server rules, spamming the mic included.

Also:
    Zombie mod..........................................
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

3. Default

Report him through the proper avenues (Admin abuse section), and appropriate action will take place.

Live or die, make your choice.

4. Default

No Wheaties shouldn't be allowed to have admin. All the other admins on the server agree, and they constantly tell him to shut up. Sometimes they ask nicely, but he won't stop talking. He has openly admitted to getting it for the purpose of not being banned. He has 10 plus bans, do any of you honestly think he deserves the admin privileges he has received? We would all greatly appreciate it if you'd take away admin from this annoying kid. As for the questions, Trig, in my opinion the slapping thing would be considered admin abuse, I'm not really sure. The second question, I'd honestly have to say I'm not sure.

Thanks

-Sleepy
    Last edited by Sleepy (ItsNotSafeHere); 08-05-2013 at 08:13 PM.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JigSaW View Post
    Report him through the proper avenues (Admin abuse section), and appropriate action will take place.
    Hey Jigsaw, I would if I thought any of this was true "admin abuse". Without confirmation I think it only amounts to general douchebaggery. If you think I should make a post please confirm.
    - Trig

6. Default

the slap all is technically abuse, though I would mention that while mic spamming is not admin abuse, it is still against the rules and demos of this will also result in action. Overall though, build up a body of abuse and he will be talked to, warned, eventually have his admin powers limited, and then finally removed if the problems continue.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

7. Default

I am neither for, or against No Wheaties having admin as of now. Yes, I saw him use the !slap @all command during in-game (not after round or game), but he said it was a complete mistake and he accidentally pressed his bind key for that. Which I told him to unbind that shit, because that can get very dangerous. No Wheaties, if you are reading this, unbind that shit.

Anywho, beginning admins have lot to learn, and they may fuck up here and there; so there is a bit learning curve. It's just the matter of fuck-ups one has. If he mic spams, just go to player list, and mute him in-game. If he's talking to you and you don't hear him cause you muted him, well that's his fault. He shouldn't have been an annoying prick to begin with. Just mute him in-game, until a ULA or Clan comes in to mute him.

I'm pretty sure clan is watching him very closely, and I'm pretty sure other admins/regulars are watching him closely too, as this is his second thread about him getting admin. SO if he is abusing, get a demo, report it in the Admin Abuse section, and clan can resolve the matter with him.

As of canceling an RTV Vote, I thought admins weren't really suppose to cancel RTV Votes, because it can glitch it the rtv/nominate system for the next map? Or did this glitch just happen for zombie mod? Can clan confirm this or did I hear something totally wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    Also:
    Zombie mod..........................................
    What's wrong with zombie mod?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JigSaW View Post
    making his yearly appearance, howdy!

if he's mic spamming, post a demo of it. if he abuses any other way, post a demo of it. i heard him say last night when asked about his change of heart that he just (paraphrasing) "realized he was being an asshole". sounded pretty sincere, and i haven't seen a lick of evidence of him mic spamming or otherwise abusing his position. until such a time as this evidence is presented, he has every right to admin. we take a while to perma ban people (except hackers) because we give them chances to reform. why not extend that policy to players becoming admins? and it's not like he's been terribly abusive to the server, just annoying. and if that continues, if his mic usage continues to be a nuisance, you can either mute him on your end and be done with it or report him.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

9. Default

If you truely believe he is admin abusing, then post a thread. If it's true abuse, it will be dealt with. I know you guys don't believe he is worthy of admin, but the truth of the matter is anyone can have admin until proven incompetent, even those with 10+ bans.

He may have admitted he bought it to stop from being banned, but he can still be reprimanded for his actions. There are still ULAs and Clan above him that can take action against him. He is not safe, contrary to his belief.

If he fucks up, plain and simple, he will be dealt with. For now, let him have admin.

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

10. Default

look me up if he is fucking around... banning admins does seem to be my specialty anyways...

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm ~ George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Step 1: Get Admin
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Get Perma Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmail242 View Post
    ... IBIS in the name right? ibis.a means admin while IBIS means Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. — General George S. Patton