Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Weirdest teleport of my life

1. Default

What gets me is how the code for bash and roots for example is exactly the same yet the issue only occurs with human. I will be getting a new from scratch human out and hopefully that clears the error.

2. Default

Well it seems like momentum plays a part with roots sometimes causeing aim to be off, or like when the molecule shield goes up, if you were running, your grenades will just fly at weird angles, but with human two people can be perfectly skill and it causes the issue, possible since when bullets hit you it does affect your screen sometimes, so maybe this action paired with a freezing of the model causes the problem
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

3. Default

It could be that the long term solution is to dramatically reduce a clients speed but not actually freeze them to prevent the game engine from going wacky.

4. Default

That would solve the cursor lock problem as well wouldn't it?
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

5. Default

I've had two similar teleports happen while playing beast on cs_crackhouse. Once, I tried to teleport from the rooftop of the building left of CT spawn into the nearest hostage room via the window, but ended up on the first floor directly below where I had tried to teleport. Another time, I tried to teleport from the same rooftop to the roof of the house, and ended up inside the house, below where I tried to teleport (I can't remember if it was the first or second floor). But basically, even with beast, I ended up teleporting a floor or two below where I had aimed.

And as for fixing bash, thank goodness!!!!! While you're at it, Zero, could you also take another look at the code for blood mage's banish? It seems like not all users experience this (I think passarelli said that his crosshair gets moved but his bullets still hit in the same place), but getting banished by a blood mage throws my crosshair and aim WAY off target, much more than bash. It seems to me like it will move the crosshair completely off the enemy player, so if I'm aiming at a blood mage up close, my crosshair is moved more, and if the blood mage is far, it gets moved less. I don't think it was your intention, but this started happening when you updated a handful of the races earlier this year. I'll try to make a demo when possible.
    Last edited by i2o4; 09-09-2013 at 09:25 AM.
    One man's ceiling is another man's floor.