Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [ADD] wcs_halo_crysis

1. Default

Word. The critiques are all fair, though I did add some cover for non-flying races. Not to mention the teleporters help them move quickly, too.

I agree: having better cover right on the bomb sites is a good idea, so I'll chip away at some sensible tweaks. All I can say about spiderman and human is that if you miss your mark it could hurt you. There's enough space to kill anyone from a fall, so there's that to consider. All in all; thanks for the feedback and for not sounding bitchy about it. This helps me get better at this sort of thing.

I'll update when I get a better version done. Thanks!
    ======================
    It's my stomach.... I'm hungry!
    ======================

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Goku View Post
    Word. The critiques are all fair, though I did add some cover for non-flying races. Not to mention the teleporters help them move quickly, too.

I agree: having better cover right on the bomb sites is a good idea, so I'll chip away at some sensible tweaks. All I can say about spiderman and human is that if you miss your mark it could hurt you. There's enough space to kill anyone from a fall, so there's that to consider. All in all; thanks for the feedback and for not sounding bitchy about it. This helps me get better at this sort of thing.

I'll update when I get a better version done. Thanks!
    i think i might have an idea that might let us keep 2 bombsites and allows us add more cover against flying races.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

3. Default

No one here seems into the idea that someone wants to make decent, custom maps for this server.

Most of you reject these ideas. Considering the maps that have been uploaded; this makes no sense whatsoever. Sad thing is I am making (or remaking) maps that are winding up better than 90% of the maps on the server (at the very least they are being made properly... nevermind preference) and I see 100 reasons that people don't like it, though shit maps get added on the regular without even being tested. I don't have the time to put this effort in and watch everyone shoot it down before they even give it a chance. I really could care less if you want to troll me to get a reaction because you don't have any sense of respect, so flame away, since that's all you'll contribute. Not everyone, just a handful of you that everyone else will backup, anyway, so what is the difference, really?

I'd like my map suggestions all disregarded. I'd like to keep them for myself. Sorry if all you get out of this is "what a baby", but I have a life outside of video games. I'd like to stop wasting precious time. It'd be more worth it if more than just Cyber appreciated my efforts. He's the only one who's given positive feedback or helped with ideas thus far.

If you guys really want some maps please feel free to ask but I'm not offering them up on my own accord any more.

Thanks.
    ======================
    ======================

4. Default

Sad thing is I am making (or remaking) maps that are winding up better than 90% of the maps on the server
    that is subjective as all fuck...
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

(at the very least they are being made properly... nevermind preference)

People see and hear whatever they choose to. You're one of them. Grats.
    ======================
    ======================

6. Default

(at the very least they are being made properly... nevermind preference)

People see and hear whatever they choose to. You're one of them. Grats.
    but once again, the issue is that YOU are the one deciding the maps we have are poorly made. sure, some of them are trash. but others that you've gone out of your way to "fix" are not flawed at all. i think that instead of trying to push your own opinions about the current maps on people, you should go and try to find out what kind of maps people would like.

personally i have always loved de_nightfever. the only map we have that is similar in theme is vegas. i think a nightfever-esque map might be interesting, one that doesn't focus around 3 main areas for fighting (stairwell, rear courtyard/balcony, parking garage) and instead is more cqc/corridor fighting.

but again, that's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

7. Default

bump! we need more maps! and i want to see this one in action !

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    bump! we need more maps! and i want to see this one in action !
    It was a bad idea and a horrifically made map by someone who doesn't understand what makes certain maps, like inferno fog, port, Aztec future, shitty as hell. There is a reason he pulled the suggestion, since this one was more egregious than his other ideas, refer to the first post Cybie.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    ...inferno fog, port, Aztec future, shitty as hell.
    I like port
    A programming genius called HEAP
    Had trouble in getting to sleep
    So he made his lambs troup
    through a huge FOR-NEXT loop
    FOR 1 TO 10000: NEXT sheep.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kionay View Post
    I like port
    Not helping my case, kionay!