Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Periapt of Health V1.0.0

1. Default

I agree that abuse may be a bit strong, but the its clearly not what the item was intended to do. It is meant to give 50hp, and if its removed, it should remove that 50hp, not allow it to stay, thats really all I am trying to say
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

2. Default

I see the healthpack as a round consumable rather than item. U cant have that health removed bcos not only would that force zero to detect whether or not removing the 50 hp would kill you, but for the same reason why removing a ring doesnt remove all the health u stored or removing a glove doesnt remove the grenade u are currently holding, etc... Dnt think of the periapt as a 50 hp object that u must carry on your for its effect to show, instead think of it like some magic juice that you CONSUME (taking up 1 slot to avoid stackage) in order to receive that 50 hp extra...
    Last edited by CYBER; 09-24-2013 at 06:04 PM.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

3. Default

Yea that does make sense, that way however it is important to note that originally there was also an item called Life Preserver which not only gave 50hp but also gave 100armor. This item was the same price and was used on buy and limited to 1 per life similar to tomes.

If I was to change periapt of health to always remove 50 when it is removed it would only be when I also add Life Preserver back so that you still have the ability to buy a one time health potion.

4. Default

As long as removing a health pavk when below 50hp doesnt kill you. (ie health is not reducted when under 50hp, OR it removes all your health EXCEPT 1hp). im insisting on the fact that removing a healthpak shouldnt kill you because sometimes u have to buy antiwards fast and u replace a healthpack accidentally...and that aint pretty... In fact, even with the introduction of life preserver, if you can keep the healthpack as is, and make life preserver a 1-life purchase, it would still be fine, again, because of ghe costs associated with it

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    i dont see the abuse in this...
    people have been doing that for a while now, hell Spasm even taught me that shit a while back...
    the fact that remains is that you need to:
    1- have THREE items already including the health pack, a minimum cost of 3500 health+ 1500 antiward+2400 claw= 7400 beforehand.
    2- REPLACE the health pack with another item and it cant be an item that u had before, so if u had anti ward before, u have to go for at least a 2500 gloves.
    3- REBUY a health pack for 3500...
    4- rince and repeat 2 more times?
    the math here implies that you must have had at least 7400$ worth of items to begin with (make it 8k assuming most ppl dnt have THAT set running,
    then at least 5k per switch... that's spending around 15k on powering up back to 150...

YOU COULD HAVE A BOUGHT TWO goddamn scrolls with that much money... or just buy a fucking ring if possible?

and as for the losing team having the money and cheap items? GOOD ON THEM. if they are too fucking morons to realize that they can spend some money to stay in the game and actually do a fucking difference in the game? well that's on them...
    but let's face it... most of the time, if the items are THAT fucking cheap, i have yet to see players use their brains to counter enemies with items... instead they just tome up and decide to take the defeat...
    so again, i dont see how this can be abused,,, in fact, it's a LOT of expense (on winning team) and a very decent tactic (on loosing team)...

so yeah, im fine with it as is.
    If your losing chances are you don't have enough cash to really abuse it anyways. It takes a lot of cash to get that 50 hp.
    Spasm <ibis>: i thought mexicans came to murrica not canada
    Spasm <ibis>: :O
    Cyber ibis.a: free dental and health plan ^
    Cyber ibis.a: sry mmurica, u got outbid
    Cyber ibis.a: senor.
    Spasm <ibis>: its not truly free
    Spasm <ibis>: someone pays for it
    Spasm <ibis>: rich ppl
    Cyber ibis.a: exactly
    Cyber ibis.a: canadians
    Cyber ibis.a: i just get the free stuff
    Spasm <ibis>: typical mexican

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Spasm View Post
    If your losing chances are you don't have enough cash to really abuse it anyways. It takes a lot of cash to get that 50 hp.
    Not really if you move from the winning team to the losing team, as certain people often do, you have a shit ton of cash and a periapt will cost like a grand, which brings up another point, haveing the discounted items only apply for the loses a person actually has, not the team's loses so that someone who is switched to the winning team will still have the advantage of cheap items after getting their ass kicked, and people from the winning team can't use all of their money on cheap items to be assholes.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    Not really if you move from the winning team to the losing team, as certain people often do, you have a shit ton of cash and a periapt will cost like a grand, which brings up another point, haveing the discounted items only apply for the loses a person actually has, not the team's loses so that someone who is switched to the winning team will still have the advantage of cheap items after getting their ass kicked, and people from the winning team can't use all of their money on cheap items to be assholes.
    zero and i talked about a possible solution to circumvent this by making the discount per PLAYER losses on an individual team, and not per team itself. this way if he moves to the loosing team, he would still be paying the same amount as the winning team until he starts to lose again on that loosing team...

granted that implementing this is all up to zero's busy schedule...