Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Missing sounds

1. Default

Also make sure you have cl_forcepreload 1

2. Default

Note to self: OnConfigsExecuted() could be solution if issue persists.

3. Default

Zero, human is the easiest to test with, as the teleport sound is missing as well as the ult up sound so it is easily tested solo.

I tested it out, loaded CSS, put cl_forcepreload 1 into console and joined the WCS server and the sounds were still missing.

The sounds are in:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\download\sound\war3source

The error I get is:
    Failed to load sound "war3source\levelupcaster.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository

Let me know if you need me to test anything else.

4. Default

When are you getting that error? I do not even know what that sound is for...

These are the sounds you claim are missing?: (if your missing these in reality let me know)

UltBlockSound = wcs/zero/ultblocked.wav
    TeleFailedSound = wcs/zero/fuzz.wav
    teleportSound = war3source/blinkarrival.wav

5. Default

Lol Zero. I think it is primarily used for when you level up a race. It happens whenever you join the server and join a new race. Those look about right, though I think reincarnate is also missing the sound for orc. Beast still does it's roar when you reincarnate. I'll see if any others are missing though.

After testing:
    Reincarnate works, however chain lighting doesn't.
    Mask sound for undead doesn't work.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Passarelli View Post
    Lol Zero. I think it is primarily used for when you level up a race. It happens whenever you join the server and join a new race. Those look about right, though I think reincarnate is also missing the sound for orc. Beast still does it's roar when you reincarnate. I'll see if any others are missing though.

After testing:
    Reincarnate works, however chain lighting doesn't.
    Mask sound for undead doesn't work.
    Interestingly enough I heard a beast roar when I died once by an undead while I was strider or orc or vaga (only races I played in 2 weeks), so there is something rly weird with the sounds with me
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

7. Default

Since the initial error is the sound when you join the game (select a race and that weird sound plays like you just leveled) perhaps there is a loading error with mod.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    Since the initial error is the sound when you join the game (select a race and that weird sound plays like you just leveled) perhaps there is a loading error with mod.
    i wonder if the pipeline did any damage?
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

9. Default

It is now an issue on the valve mailing list as tf2 admins are bitching about it as well now.

The issue is client side as it only occurs to some people randomly. The listed solution is to delete the sound.cache file.

10. Default

Thanks Zero, that fix worked! Whoo.