Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Missing sounds

1. Default

I joined the server yesterday and found that some of my sounds have gone missing too...it's quite annoying.
    I have to double check chat every time I buy a tome because without the sound I don't know if I bought one or not.
    It's also quite unsettling that I can start flying as a santa without hearing the bell sounds...

I'm quite surprised no one has found a fix for this yet.
    I'm assuming that we should just delete some files and let the server re-download them or something...but I have no idea where to look in my folder, or what files need to be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    It is now an issue on the valve mailing list as tf2 admins are bitching about it as well now.

The issue is client side as it only occurs to some people randomly. The listed solution is to delete the sound.cache file.
    That works. Was on this morning and I could actually HEAR things again.

GO into your CSS folder and in there should be a folder called sound
    Go into that folder and delete the sound.cache file. Start up CSS and join WCS. If w/e sounds you couldn't hear before are now working, you have no more issues.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenstinger View Post
    That works. Was on this morning and I could actually HEAR things again.

GO into your CSS folder and in there should be a folder called sound
    Go into that folder and delete the sound.cache file. Start up CSS and join WCS. If w/e sounds you couldn't hear before are now working, you have no more issues.
    Must have skimmed over that earlier.
    Working now, thanks

4. Default

Any other options for this? I deleted sound cache and reloaded css, still missing teleport sounds.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Peppers View Post
    Any other options for this? I deleted sound cache and reloaded css, still missing teleport sounds.
    Try it again? make sure you went to the right folder, say a little prayer. Its possible the error hit right away after you fixed it making it looked like it didn't work.

Also,

Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in?
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

6. Default

If only valve could stop breaking the game...