Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Banning Striders

1. Default

I am not saying it was not justified, and this is not a thread about a ban on Predator. The issue is, with updates and a new race, simply playing a race can cause a glitch, since these things need to be found out through testing. To ban someone for glitching with something that was recently added to the server, a glitch that is caused by simply playing the race, is a bit too presumptuous. With that logic, say when undead was updated and the aura of suicide bomber would just glitch constantly making a death bubble around you, yes people did figure out how to do this and glitch it, but the first few times it happens it is clearly an accident. Sure you could say they were technically glitching and should be banned, but there needs to be a higher standard than this. If he was informed that he was in fact glitching, not just issues with various clients in game as it still is by the way, and that he needs to stop holding down the button, then yes, after a warning he should have been kicked and then banned if he continued.

That is a standard that needs to be held too. Just because something is glitching does not mean a player is intentionally glitching it.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

List of glitches/bugs that I know whether they are old, intentional, current (in order of race thread that is currently there) :

Undead Revival Suicide Bomber Spam for a few seconds [Patched]
    Human Teleport Clipping
    Human Bash acting as Banish effect as well [Patched, somewhat?]
    Human Bash tilting screens
    Orc reviving with a scroll
    Night Elf killing itself with World (still have NO clue how to replicate this)
    Blood Mage Banish tilting screens
    Warden reviving with a scroll
    Warden Shadow Strike instadeath / random procs of things other than poison [Patched]
    Molecule invulnerable while moving (only seen this one once, wasn't even intentional if I recall)
    Genocide Revival Spam (can be considered breaking rules as well, depending on how it is used)
    Succubus Hunter Barely Visible
    Panorama tilting screens
    Vagabond stuck visible/invisible
    Vagabond has no scout (rare)
    Strider Bomb Teleporting Exploit
    Hell Hunter Ultimate Knife Race
    Hell Hunter many nades Any Race
    Hell Hunter Unlimited Secondary Ammo [Pre-update Glitch, may come up again who knows]
    Hell's Demon 1-Shot Everyone Glitch [Patched]
    Hell's Demon Crashes Server for ALL reasons [Patched]
    Magician Crow as another race (Spider-man Crow, Vagalion Crow, etc etc.) [Patched]
    Shadow of the Void Free Ult Immunity [Patched?]
    Nebula showing secondary while invisible
    Beast Multiple Respawns (I've yet to see myself respawn more than 1 times; could be my luck idk)
    Rapscallion Ultimate seen through walls
    Dragon Fly Shits Guns! [Patched]
    Vagalion stuck visible/invisible
    Santa trail disappears
    Santa many HE nades trick
    Santa SpeedRacer [Patched]

These are majority of the glitches I've come across both pre-CSS update and now. Majority of these are patched. Others still happen. May be more I haven't listed, but as far as doing them, ZERO has done an excellent job fixing majority of our problems. As far as replicating most of these, I still know how to do. Some are self explanatory based off the name I gave it. Others, not so much.
    Last edited by Wolfenstinger; 01-27-2014 at 03:12 PM.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

i wonder if record test;done will mess with how people see/don't see stryder trails

like i've said before, the cause of this glitch needs to be definitive (not that that'll be easy to do)

not that it matters but if you get a stryder trail in your face you can start lagging like a mofo :-/
    A programming genius called HEAP
    Had trouble in getting to sleep
    So he made his lambs troup
    through a huge FOR-NEXT loop
    FOR 1 TO 10000: NEXT sheep.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MandiHowells View Post
    the point is this ^
    FUCKITY FUCK FUCK.

Ban this god damn bot already, its been posting all over for months, Its god damn sig is an advertisement for Christ's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    FUCKITY FUCK FUCK.

Ban this god damn bot already, its been posting all over for months, Its god damn sig is an advertisement for Christ's sake.
    ... he joined on the 13th and the 9 posts he's made aren't duplicated and don't look like a bot's handiwork

???
    A programming genius called HEAP
    Had trouble in getting to sleep
    So he made his lambs troup
    through a huge FOR-NEXT loop
    FOR 1 TO 10000: NEXT sheep.

I vote it's a bot until it figures out a way to bot a STEAM ID of its own.

*Also his signature for the Dhoom 3 Download HD is broken.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kionay View Post
    ... he joined on the 13th and the 9 posts he's made aren't duplicated and don't look like a bot's handiwork

???
    You should feel bad about your ignorance

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kionay View Post

???
    It's definitely a bot. Any one-liner comments that are too generic, general and not directed at someone are always ground to be assumed to be a not. Especially if they never build on a conversation and simply repeat smthn, post stupolid useless shit, and simply break the 'feel' and flow of the current thread...

Also, having a fucking ad in the sig doesn't help...

-----

Wolf... U do know it's not that hard to randonmly add a steam id number from a log of numbers...
    -----

Unless zero makes it so that when you sign out to the forums u will constantly get an in-game welcome message with a randomly generated pin code to be re-entered on the forums as a confirmation, then bots will always be programmed to bypass ur shit
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    You should feel bad about your ignorance
    It told me that it would launch skynet if I took hostile action against it...

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenstinger View Post
    Succubus Hunter Barely Visible
    Hell Hunter Ultimate Knife Race
    Beast Multiple Respawns (I've yet to see myself respawn more than 1 times; could be my luck idk)
    Shadow of the Void Free Ult Immunity [Patched?]
    Succubus Hunter with cloak and knife out is as transparent as Vagalion. It needs to have cloak restricted, or at least bring his transparency with his knife equal to that of when he has his gun. He is still more transparent then human with his ult and cloak when his gun is out. (actually, if cloak didn't give extra transparency when a knife is out, crow from Magician would be much easier to kill also)

Hell Hunter knife working with ultimate probably wasn't intentional, but it is hardly game breaking. The only way it works well is when you buy item(s) specifically for it. Is only useful when doing all knives or against flame preds that disarm you (who plays hell hunter on the ground while they can shoot?!).

Beast revives was likely a case of getting beast revive and another revive from someone else. If you are revived, you get the chance to spawn again (pretty sure). Also, if you die as beast, respawn from blood mage, die, you can be respawned from your first death and even possibly your second. This is why bloodmage + other revive races + self reviving races gets pretty crazy, especially pano.

Shadow of the Void's ability gives it ultimate immunity.

We should probably get a list together of the bugs that should be warn/kick/banable when abused (HH/Santa nade trick or Stryder bomb glitch).