Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bunch o Crashes

1. Default Bunch o Crashes

So, just got GO and it crashed quite a lot for me. I know I am pretty much maxing out my system with it, but is there something I can do to mitigate this issue? Like with settings or something other than getting a new comp?
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

2. Default

Get a new comp.
    In-Game name: †Jesus†

3. Default

i limit my fps to 60. gives me screen tearing but i've gotten used to it. if your computer is more powerful though, you can limit it to like 80, just make sure it's a step down from what you normally get and that'll keep the system stress down.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

4. Default

Crashing occurs most frequently as soon as a map loads. ie, connecting to a server, everything loads, then it dies.

5. Default

GO maxes your system? I remember those days, before I upgraded. I just put the resolution low, and didn't play in general because I don't really like GO.
    Forward, the Light Brigade!'
    Was there a man dismay'd?
    Not tho' the soldiers knew
      Some one had blunder'd:
    Theirs not to make reply,
    Theirs not to reason why,
    Theirs but to do and die:
    Into the valley of Death
      Rode the six hundred. ~Alfred, Lord Tennyson

WHAT, does it crash when you start a single player map?
    is it all maps? does it crash without an error?

does the console notify you of any problems before/during?
    have you tried lowering all your graphics settings to the bare minimum to see if that's it?

have you stopped sucking dicks lately?
    have you tried stopping unused backround processes to try to reduce the load on your system?

does this sort of crash happen with other games, other source games that are or aren't resource intensive?
    are you reading all of these questions or ignoring me completely?

what are your computer's specs?
    does it crash EVERY time or just most of the time? if the latter, is there a significant difference in the times it does or doesn't?

we need moar infoz :P

p.s.

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    Like with settings or something other than getting a new comp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Bastard View Post
    Get a new comp.
    lul
    A programming genius called HEAP
    Had trouble in getting to sleep
    So he made his lambs troup
    through a huge FOR-NEXT loop
    FOR 1 TO 10000: NEXT sheep.

7. Default

You don't need more info dipshit, that is the info, it crashes when the map finishes loading everytime, have yet to be able to play it online.

8. Default

have you tried turning it off and back on today.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    You don't need more info dipshit, that is the info, it crashes when the map finishes loading everytime, have yet to be able to play it online.
    were you either a business major, or poli-sci major? because you're pulling one hell of a dumbass here.

yes, we need more info. because guess what, you could have:

bad ram
    a dying GPU
    a dying CPU
    a dying PSU
    corrupted shit on your hard drive
    a mis-seated card
    a virus
    a shitty PC
    printer cables
    etc etc.

get off your high-fucking-horse. you asked us for help, and we are asking you for more information. if you really feel like that's below you, then go fuck yourself and enjoy staring at your desktop.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

10. Default

Listen, I have told you all of the pertinent information, if there was more you would have it. If this was a recurring issue with other games or at other times I would have said so. It is a very specific and very odd problem which is why I asked for help, and I need people who actually understand what I am asking to help, I am not buying more shit or new shit, which is why you should refer to my original post. The reason it is a confusing problem is because it is an odd, unique, and singular problem.