Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Scramble v1.0.0 [WCS]

1. Default Scramble v1.0.0 [WCS]

Scramble
    ZERO <ibis>

Allows players to enable scrambled teams.

Type !scramble to cast your vote to enable forced random team joins for the next 3 maps. This will result in the current map restarting at the end of the round in which the vote succeeds.

• Initial Release

Last edited by ZERO; 05-28-2014 at 01:51 PM.

2. Default

Currently released to wcs test server only for release status testing.

3. Default

THIS is such a needed plugin right now.
    But does it have to restart the MAP after the end of the vote/round?

I'd rather not having to lose any money i've been saving for tomes, or any stacks i have like succubus bcos of it...

or is it to avoid having people with money be on the loosing team with cheap items? and to avoid people getting thrown off races?

---------------

How would we handle the "YO I WAS ON VAGABOND LAST GAME, give it to me" "No fuck you i was on vaga too, you got scrambled, not my problem" issue?
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

4. Default

it may be designed to not mess up the cheaper items thing, since then you would have a bunch of people gifted with cheap items and lots of money, and people screwed with no money and expensive items.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

5. Default

Will this force people into random teams or will it make the Auto-pick teams the only option available? If it's the later then won't help stacking much as people will just wait until the team they want to join have less people on it so they will be put in that team.
    "Intolerance and superstition has always been the domain of the more stupid amongst the common folk and, I conjecture, will never be uprooted, for they are as eternal as stupidity itself. There, where mountains tower today, one day there will be seas; there where today seas surge, will one day be deserts. But stupidity will remain stupidity."
    -
    “You surround the dead with veneration and memory, you dream of immortality, and in your myths and legends there’s always someone being resurrected, conquering death. But were your esteemed late great-grandfather really to suddenly rise from the grave and order a beer, panic would ensue.”
    -
    “A coward dies a hundred times. A brave man dies but once. But Dame Fortune favours the brave and holds the coward in contempt.'

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    it may be designed to not mess up the cheaper items thing, since then you would have a bunch of people gifted with cheap items and lots of money, and people screwed with no money and expensive items.
    it turns the server into "random team join mode" for 3 maps, as it would seem, by restarting the map at the end of the round (getting rid of the scoreboard) and keeping this mode for maps thereafter
    Last edited by kionay; 05-28-2014 at 08:11 AM. Reason: i need to learn to read the entire description :-/
    A programming genius called HEAP
    Had trouble in getting to sleep
    So he made his lambs troup
    through a huge FOR-NEXT loop
    FOR 1 TO 10000: NEXT sheep.

7. Default

Yea between money differences and cheep items it is better to just have them start over when the vote passes so everyone is on the same page.

8. Default

Yea it is live on the server now, I will update it later with the ability to block the scoreboard just like in ZM when it is enabled.

9. Default

May I suggest an addendum to the rules then that leaving and rejoining to get on the preferred team is against rules. While this would go under the rubric of existing rules, it might be best to have it spelled out for new admins/players.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    May I suggest an addendum to the rules then that leaving and rejoining to get on the preferred team is against rules. While this would go under the rubric of existing rules, it might be best to have it spelled out for new admins/players.
    This, i agree with.
    "Intolerance and superstition has always been the domain of the more stupid amongst the common folk and, I conjecture, will never be uprooted, for they are as eternal as stupidity itself. There, where mountains tower today, one day there will be seas; there where today seas surge, will one day be deserts. But stupidity will remain stupidity."
    -
    “You surround the dead with veneration and memory, you dream of immortality, and in your myths and legends there’s always someone being resurrected, conquering death. But were your esteemed late great-grandfather really to suddenly rise from the grave and order a beer, panic would ensue.”
    -
    “A coward dies a hundred times. A brave man dies but once. But Dame Fortune favours the brave and holds the coward in contempt.'