Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lag Fixed

1. Default Lag Fixed

XP saving now no longer occurs every 60 seconds but on round end thus moving the lag to round end instead.

If you guys had reported this issue sooner I could have fixed it back whenever it actually started. Although it did take a few days to track down and then reprogramming the entire xp saving engine.

2. Default

It still lags. Random lag spikes around every 2 mins.

3. Default

Was this just yesterday? Yesterday there was a lot of other things going on that should have been causing lag across all the servers.

4. Default

Nah not just then, still random lag spikes even now.

5. Default

Currently it lags at the end of the round, when someone joins the server, and when someone leaves the server (including placeholder bots).

Zero, would it be possible to make the XP file into an array? When a player joins, load that segment of the array and save it back to the master file at the end of every round? It might take some doing to convert the current file into an array, but it should help speed up the XP processing.
    What: my life skills use meat

“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ” -Mark Twain

6. Default

It should lag at round end but It should no longer lag when a user leaves now. As for the joining I will look into that more.

I will also try to test moving the server to a different disk to see if that effects anything.

7. Default

Did some other changes, so lets see how the end round lag ect was effected.

8. Default

It seems like there is a short burst (.5-1 second) as soon as the round ends, a second of no lag, then a slightly longer burst of lag (1-1.5 seconds).

There is still a lot of lag when someone joins or leaves the server, including bots.
    What: my life skills use meat

“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ” -Mark Twain

9. Default

Dam, and I even moved us to a new HDD...

10. Default

What I am doing now is trying to convert the database to mysql and then host it remotely on the web server. This will not only offload the loading and holding of the database offsite but will also allow me to have more control over the database itself and possibly make optimizations to it and better understand what is going on within it in general.