Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How you can contribute to WCS development

1. Default

No I actually found a special gimp script that is a fully automated program for making multi layer animations automatically via a syntax.

2. Default

Next Bounty:

Find sounds to go with the alchemist abilities. They can be already in the game or 100% custom. Keep in mind who hears the sound and when they should be hearing it. Sounds not only notify users of an ability trigger but are an important part of a races immersion.

3. Default

Audio work, eh? Well sadly I'm not nearly as savvy with audio as images. That coupled with being on a shittastic laptop for the next month or three (I might be able to play WCS, but I'll likely only do ok as a lion. Shooting is pretty out of the question.) means getting anything useful is doubtful. If I do manage to find something useful simply by browsing the interwebs, what sort of CC licenses would you be able to use? I'm not exactly sure how you would implement those with attribution, which is most of what I have found thus far.
    What: my life skills use meat

“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ” -Mark Twain

4. Default

Now that's something I can look up.
    Zero can u give me a rough estimate of the proc rates for abilities? And duration of the effect and animation

Reason: i want to see what audio lengths I should get and estimate if said audio is acceptable if it proves a lot or just becomes annoying as fuck like the infinite Santa song or void shotgun proc
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

5. Default

Santa song is perfect since it usually happens at the start of the round ; p

Iron should likely be around .75 seconds since that is the length of the animation. If you go a little over or under it shouldn't be a huge deal (under would likely be better, especially since the effect fades in and you could delay the sound effect slightly).

I'm more worried about the licenses. If Zero doesn't care about them at all, I could always just rip shit straight out of FMA and call it a day.
    Roy's transmutation (snap followed by fwoshBOOM) would be perfect in my head for when the ultimate casts after the delay.

An idea for EE would be a sound that is red to blue or blue to red shifted. (doppler effect--think of how the sound shifts when something moves very quickly past you).

Item transmutation is a little tough. Do you want a sound effect for when you are within (or close) to the radius before it casts?
    An idea for when it actually casts might be the gate slamming shut in FMA for when the effect starts for that player. Maybe the creepy laughing in the background for duration or before it is cast?

If you wanted to go the Alchemist root from war3--well, it gets a little harder for ideas from me.

“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ” -Mark Twain

6. Default

i can imagine the ULTIMATE sound (zero said roughly 5s channel and then circle BOOMS) as 2 things:
    Either a dramatic music escalation similar to THIS (give or take) or the Seal of Orichalchos from Yugioh as u can see in THIS (similar to this at 0.06seconds in. I actually imagine the transmutation seal expanding from within the player and when full it just explodes with "Flame" for 1second, similar to this effect)

OR

I actually originally thought that scorched earth would have a channel of power sound for 5s before the "alchemy" seal bursts out of the player in a burning fashon, to which i can see it using this sound but at like 30% audio levels duh. (see attachement)

- - - Updated - - -

as for iron clad, i can imagine that 1s long escalading sound at EXACTLY 9:59 HERE. OR at 0:03 in SAME VIDEO (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80mmK56_NJo)
    (it can fade in and out very easy so that it fits any shorter animation)
    Attached Files
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

7. Default

Roffle, so the Alchemist summons a plane to crash as his ultimate? <3

8. Default

Zero, should these sound effects be mono or stereo? I'm guessing mono, but I'd just like to confirm that. ^_^

i was hoping this would be some code work, but atm it seems what's needed is animations and sound effects, which are not at all my forte :-/

i have a python program i'm working on for my boss at work and once i get that done i'll look into what all is required for coding CS:S mods and hopefully i can contribute more then when i'm more familiarized
    A programming genius called HEAP
    Had trouble in getting to sleep
    So he made his lambs troup
    through a huge FOR-NEXT loop
    FOR 1 TO 10000: NEXT sheep.

10. Default

Kionay, if you know Python, you can automate gimp to make some nice long animations to help update some of the bland effects that Zero was talking about before.

Also, I'd love to see a new ward effect for Shadow hunter to help balance the class in office and other such maps. Maybe something that allows you to see the entire radius as well as with a top, middle, and bottom ring so that you don't get hit by wards you can not see? I'm not sure how that animation works at the moment--it might be rendered by CS:S which means more coding for you! <3

By the way, I tried getting some sound effects and this laptop is too shitty. I'll try again later tonight when it has a chance to cool off/run without stuff in the background.