Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How you can contribute to WCS development

1. Default

Stero, proc rates usually do not go hither than 25% for races that have really high rates. Sounds would be things that are REALLY short usually unless they are part of a longer effect. For example the fire sound you hear from the hell hunter fire nade is 100% custom. The sounds you hear for ult blocking and respawning (for races that have been updated with them) are short as they occur often and need to indicate something to the user.

Remember that the point of soundeffects are either to increase immersion or to accent and existing effect.

2. Default

Zero, any word on licenses? Wolf mentioned that wcs uses some stock war3 sounds, so I'm guessing it doesn't matter too much? Just want to double check before I try doin work that may or may not turn out decent due to my shitastic laptop ; p
    What: my life skills use meat

“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ” -Mark Twain

3. Default

Given we are not charging money or anything for it and that the length is <30sec any sounds should logically fall under fair use. If we were making our own game or something for resale then that would matter. It is why we can have storm troopers in the zm server but if we sold a game with storm troopers or tried to charge money for them that would be bad b.c we do not own the rights to them.

4. Default

Thanks for the clarification. I'll try again to pull sounds on my shitty laptop, and if that doesn't work, I'll attempt with the shitty desktop I have access to. Fun times. Hopefully I'll have something for you by tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ” -Mark Twain

5. Default

Remove helm

Thank me later. I just improved your mod by 1000%

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Pie Q View Post
    Remove helm

Thank me later. I just improved your mod by 1000%
    helm's one of the very few anti-aimbotter items.

no shit u want it removed
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    helm's one of the very few anti-aimbotter items.

no shit u want it removed
    This. Somethin is odd when I'm moving fast as Die Xonvert and still get popped in the face by a deagle.

8. Default

Here is what I need for someone to figure out an explain to me (I am still working on this on my own and that is the main delay right now):

How to using only the .vmt file scale or animate a sprite.

For example using decalscale or basetexturetransform.

I think decalscale might be unsupported but I am not sure why basetexturetransform is not working b/c I have heard of other people using it, at least in l4d.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Here is what I need for someone to figure out an explain to me (I am still working on this on my own and that is the main delay right now):

How to using only the .vmt file scale or animate a sprite.

For example using decalscale or basetexturetransform.

I think decalscale might be unsupported but I am not sure why basetexturetransform is not working b/c I have heard of other people using it, at least in l4d.
    Does this help at all?
    https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/$basetexture

- - - Updated - - -

" Bug:$basetexturetransform2 doesn't seem to work in Source 2007 source."

- - - Updated - - -

yea, nvm. this appears to be outdated.
    Personal reform

10. Default

Ok I found 1 solution which is that if you set your vtf to have the Procedural flag then your program code which is allowed to adjust the scale will work. Now perhaps there is another flag which will allow other parts such as the options to rotate a static sprite to work.