7 58.33%
  • Im an idiot

5 41.67%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: WCS RE pop

Since this was brought to my attention, I'll chip in my 2 cents:

First of all, this:

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    I voted I'm an idiot because its funnier. I'm all for resetting everything except for Raps!
    Now, as far as serious input goes, here are my few thoughts:

1) I do think that server reset would fix some of the problems, but it's not actually a long-term viable option (it's a bandage at best). I would personally recommend this as a start as that would possibly bring back at least some people and it would make it more competitive.

2) Over-leveling should definitely be implemented. As far as I can think off, there are no big disadvantages and it does add a lot of motivation.

3) The server was very stale and static. Same maps, a lot of same people, same issues (stacking, whoring, abusing the system, etc.) which means that at least partially the issues were in the community. Granted, some of these are difficult to address, but others are definitely solvable:
    a) Development, patches, changes, balancing are all welcome (think DotA, WoW, LoL patches where they slightly adjust the numbers). I'd say anything that brings innovation and chaos into the fold is great as that throws players off the same curve and brings some incentives to stay.
    b) Get rid of majority of the maps, especially the one that are very similar. I was personally SO SICK of the office maps and variations of it as I can remember when I came to the server, played office, then office07, then office, then cs and de crackhouses then office again. While some players might like it and it allows for easy stacking/whoring/etc., it's extremely unhealthy for the server. Stricken the map rotation as well so other maps that aren't played as much would get some love.
    c) I've seen some good development towards the measures against anti-stacking and etc, but I think there's still plenty of improvement possible there.
    d) Finally, zero, anything new (race, items, "events," etc.) would be extremely welcome.

4) I *personally* would recommend some chances to the rules, but I'm not sure overall how welcome that would be. In my opinion, allowing mods (as long as they don't abuse that power) to specifically punish "toxic" players (by toxic players I mean people who always stack and lets say only play human 24/7) would be welcome, but I realize this is controversial in the IBIS community and I'd highly doubt it will be implemented.

5) Lastly, I think a big part of the initial issue was that a lot of people in the community felt like they were completely ignored and that no one really cared for the server. While I don't necessarily agree with this completely, I do think that a bit more love and attention from clan would go a long way.

All of these are my strictly subjective opinions. I do not feel entitled and I realize our word might not necessarily mean a lot, but as someone who has spent a lot of time in the server and someone who loved this mode to death, I thought that I at least owe this post.

EDIT: I also forgot another thing that was one of the largest reasons why I was attracted to WCS - competitive scrims. I thought those were absolutely great and even with all of the current issues in the server, I'd probably still would like to participate, so I'd highly recommend considering doing one of these every now and then as they put a lot of life, excitement and interest into the server.
    Last edited by Erdenay; 09-08-2014 at 04:43 PM.
    The Complete WCS Guide
    (Click on it)

"They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard."
    Our subject isn't cool, but he thinks it anyway - he may not have a clue, and he may not have style, but everything he lacks, well, he makes up in denial!
    Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.

2. Default

I already said in another thread that I plan to change the leveling of races completely in the future to make it take much longer and at that time to basically double the level cap of all the races. (so maxed players would then start at 50% complete) Basically races will level up fast at the start and then really slow down as they approach their maxes.

To do this requires reprograming all the races which i am already doing anyways. I am also redesigning them in such a way as that changing how many levels the race has can be changed easily without needing to make 50 edits to every ability.

3. Default

In the meantime, reset xp!