Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trolling for RTVs

1. Default Trolling for RTVs

So what exactly is IBIS Policy (if there is one) regarding trolling to try and encourage people to RTV off of bad or overplayed maps? Just wondering since I've seen multiple admins/server regulars doing it on Sorrento, but apparently it isn't allowed on other maps like ATIX_Helicopter.
    Last edited by xx-DeCiMaToR-xx; 12-18-2014 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Keep changing what I want to talk about.

2. Default

I am aware this will not solve your question, but why would an admin troll as an attempt to encourage others to 'rtv' if he or she is an admin? Regarding your question, what do you mean by, ". . . trolling to . . . encourage people to RTV off of bad or overplayed maps?" If someone is trolling as encouragement for others to 'rtv,' then there's something wrong with him because that will not persuade others to 'rtv.' Thus, what do you mean by trolling? He, she, or they are possibly not trolling.

3. Default

Because of how admin seniority works, if the overall admin present doesn't feel like changing it but wouldn't stop an rtv vote, then I've seen the other admins engage in this behavior, usually with the senior chuckling at their antics. And it is very common for people who keep trying to ask other people to rtv because they're on a bad map (re: challenging) start to do anything in their power to "encourage" the other players to rtv.

4. Default

Prenuking is specifically mentioned in the rules and has always been treated as a serious offense. That's why you were banned. Not for trolling.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/sho...-Zm-Rules-v3-1

Glitching – When a player has, through some means, made a prop cease its function or exploit a map bug
    Spectator Glitch
    Hiding in a spot which is supposed to kill the player.
    Prenuking an escape map before the objective is complete: (zm_atix_helicopter)
    Glitching a barricading item into part of the map so that it will not move.
    Doors & Gates
    Elevators

5. Default

But why is this treated more seriously then say, knifing the zombies into CTs on Sorrento? Is it because everyone who's not in the glitch spot dies versus just getting turned?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by xx-DeCiMaToR-xx View Post
    But why is this treated more seriously then say, knifing the zombies into CTs on Sorrento? Is it because everyone who's not in the glitch spot dies versus just getting turned?
    You're not suppose to do this either -_-
    Zombies and human is breaking multiple rules as well. No friendly zombie, and human is technically team killing. I better not see this shit happening.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by xx-DeCiMaToR-xx View Post
    So what exactly is IBIS Policy (if there is one) regarding trolling to try and encourage people to RTV off of bad or overplayed maps? Just wondering since I've seen multiple admins/server regulars doing it on Sorrento, but apparently it isn't allowed on other maps like ATIX_Helicopter.
    RTV one more

8. Default

ayy lmao

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sup View Post
    Prenuking is specifically mentioned in the rules and has always been treated as a serious offense. That's why you were banned. Not for trolling.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/sho...-Zm-Rules-v3-1

Prenuking is a cunt nugget move. Ask me how I know.

Quote Originally Posted by swagbot 9k View Post
    Prenuking is a cunt nugget move. Ask me how I know.
    Interesting. I thought it was reporting people for pre-nuking that was a cuntnugget move.