Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Remove the <ibis.a> Mandatory Tag Rule

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sup View Post
    Can we still make the admin skin optional? Please? Or maybe get some new ones would be nice.
    I don't see anything wrong in that, I don't mind a toggle command that disables ur admin skin at ur next rejoin or map change (@zeroooooooo) ,simply to allow some undercover play or casual play...

I PERSONALLY would find it suitable to have a script that checks at map join if a player has admin, AND if player has ibis.a in their name. This will force the "hey I'm admin" skin while wearing the "hey I'm admin tag", but then removal of the tag will lead to u going full undercover as a regular

See, this shit sounds actually fun... Not the tag removal that we all know was initiated because SOMEONE enjoys playing on another server where they are too intimidated by our tag...
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    Also, minjae, you do realize that clan HAS weighed in on this post, right? lol
    lol yeah I know..I was just talking about his recent post is all.
    FYI...I know Phil, Scribbs, and Cyber are clan now puhaha.
    How would I not know. Phil was super super ecstatic about making it into clan.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by minjae View Post
    How would I not know. Phil was super super ecstatic about making it into clan.
    Was he singing and dancing when he heard? :P
    Don't let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game

4. Default

I always-ed loved the tag it personally made me feel made like I was part of something bigger than myself that I was part of a community with in a community. Wearing it just shows your something not just a reg or a random but some one who cares (in most cases but anyone can buy it so yea...) besides all those negative parts its typically something amazing when you know the admin or being one
    http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1040/pinkym.jpg

5. Default

I havent played in years, and just learned about the skin. But I need to agree with everything Cyber mentioned in his "fucking wall of text"

It always will be part of this community. It makes us stand out from the others. Skin or no skin, it always was,and will be part of this community.
    http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/508/hitmanf.png

6. Default

I will say that a portion of that wall of text is obsolete, the "not knowing which admins are on" when you need one to notify them about a hacker. With the call feature I suggested that is now implemented, the just have to type !call and can report a player to an active admin

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    Tags are gay as fuck.
    Agreed.

8. Default

I still stand by that the tag should remain mandatory to have before being an active admin that uses admin commands.

Having that extra layer of "requirement" not only helps identify the admin easier in chat, especially since many of us have a shitton of custom skins/textures.
    Sure, the call feature is nice, but veteran players know the admins usually, and newcomers simply get overwhelmed when typing new commands at times.

But most importantly, requiring the person to add that ibis.a tag in his/her name before using admin commands is also another layer of protection for any admin that's on tilt or in a rage-induced state.
    I can't tell you many times "I" have been triggered by certain fucks that specifically targeted me when I was an admin, and how many times I just wished i could just perma ban them for the day, even though it would get reversed and I'd lose my admin rights.
    Having to actually go in and add my ibis.a tag JUST to abuse gives you a moment to reflect about what you're about to do. It puts it in perspective.

If you wanted to commit a murder/suicide, it's far more likely for you to do so if you were carrying the gun in your hands at all times than having to walk a few blocks to the store and purchase one with money spent out of pocket first before the deed.

---------
    That's just the practicality of having to have the tag on, having ibis.a in your name helps with advertising for the server even when you're not logged in to steam... and considering that many players moved on to GO, I'm sure you can bitch less about having 6 chars taken out of ur name in order to keep a server you play on alive.

And don't get me started about the fact that having ibis.a in ur name as an admin helps conditionning hackers to automatically associate "ibis.a" with "there's an admin on board" and no tags around with "aha no admin around, i can do whatever i want and not get caught immediately", vs the "oh this server doesn't have mandatory tags, ima have to run a check to see who's who first."

And bam, we're back to the whole "extra step" to do before doing smthn shitty, but in reverse: in this case you WANT them to accidentally use admin when an admin is chiling in spec without a tag, or the likes, because better they commit the shit while u're watching, even off duty, than when no one is.
    Last edited by CYBER; 05-01-2017 at 10:14 AM.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

9. Default

Wearing tag when functioning as an admin = good.

Not wearing tag while functioning as an admin = bad.

Not wearing tag while functioning as a regular player = fine, but you can neither gain map seniority nor can you push your weight around as an admin.

Don't act like an admin if you don't have the tag on. If you do, Cyber will simultaneously scold and confuse you with a thesis-length message. He'll have wasted a year of your life explaining it, and your English vocabulary will have regressed back to kindergarten. On the upside, you'll be fluent in Spanish.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    I still stand by that the tag should remain mandatory to have before being an active admin that uses admin commands.

Having that extra layer of "requirement" not only helps identify the admin easier in chat, especially since many of us have a shitton of custom skins/textures.
    Sure, the call feature is nice, but veteran players know the admins usually, and newcomers simply get overwhelmed when typing new commands at times.

But most importantly, requiring the person to add that ibis.a tag in his/her name before using admin commands is also another layer of protection for any admin that's on tilt or in a rage-induced state.
    I can't tell you many times "I" have been triggered by certain fucks that specifically targeted me when I was an admin, and how many times I just wished i could just perma ban them for the day, even though it would get reversed and I'd lose my admin rights.
    Having to actually go in and add my ibis.a tag JUST to abuse gives you a moment to reflect about what you're about to do. It puts it in perspective.

If you wanted to commit a murder/suicide, it's far more likely for you to do so if you were carrying the gun in your hands at all times than having to walk a few blocks to the store and purchase one with money spent out of pocket first before the deed.

---------
    That's just the practicality of having to have the tag on, having ibis.a in your name helps with advertising for the server even when you're not logged in to steam... and considering that many players moved on to GO, I'm sure you can bitch less about having 6 chars taken out of ur name in order to keep a server you play on alive.

And don't get me started about the fact that having ibis.a in ur name as an admin helps conditionning hackers to automatically associate "ibis.a" with "there's an admin on board" and no tags around with "aha no admin around, i can do whatever i want and not get caught immediately", vs the "oh this server doesn't have mandatory tags, ima have to run a check to see who's who first."

And bam, we're back to the whole "extra step" to do before doing smthn shitty, but in reverse: in this case you WANT them to accidentally use admin when an admin is chiling in spec without a tag, or the likes, because better they commit the shit while u're watching, even off duty, than when no one is.
    My head hurts...