6 54.55%
  • Warn

4 36.36%
  • No Action

1 9.09%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Zero - 2/4/15, 9:02 PM - STEAM_0:0:2104991

1. Default

The guy screwed up and this is the first time I have seen anything on him so I really don't see a point in banning on a 1st time thing.
    Then again our votes or what we say doesn't mean a damn thing when it comes to judging admin abuse.
    Might as well just drop it until Clan shows up.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by septantrionalis View Post
    Just to clarify... I didn't buy admin to avoid bans in general. I got admin for various reasons (I like the server and would like to support it) but I got tired of a few "ban hungry admins" abusing their power and banning players for stupid crap. I say what I mean and if I see an admin acting up, I'll be the first to defend a player. The last time I did that, I actually got banned. Now, at least I have a little leverage.
    I can appreciate that, it's half the reason most of us buy admin. But with that leverage comes a responsibility to know the rules. Short of posting this thread, Evil would have had no recourse for you breaking his cade and getting him killed.

Quote Originally Posted by $Money$ View Post
    The guy screwed up and this is the first time I have seen anything on him so I really don't see a point in banning on a 1st time thing.
    Then again our votes or what we say doesn't mean a damn thing when it comes to judging admin abuse.
    Might as well just drop it until Clan shows up.
    It's not admin abuse, it's just a plain old temp ban request thread. I don't know that Zero has abused his powers, here or any other time. I haven't seen him do much of anything involving admin commands. But the demo clearly shows cade breaking by an admin and it did result in Evil being tagged, so some minor punishment is in order.
    *DEAD* [SF]Rios( . Y . ) : my god u are the monster not the zombies
    *DEAD* [SF]Rios( . Y . ) : lol fu u
    ~ said shortly after being stuck in a cade and killed

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sup View Post
    I can appreciate that, it's half the reason most of us buy admin. But with that leverage comes a responsibility to know the rules. Short of posting this thread, Evil would have had no recourse for you breaking his cade and getting him killed.

It's not admin abuse, it's just a plain old temp ban request thread. I don't know that Zero has abused his powers, here or any other time. I haven't seen him do much of anything involving admin commands. But the demo clearly shows cade breaking by an admin and it did result in Evil being tagged, so some minor punishment is in order.
    I apologized for it. It was a mistake (the intent wasn't to get Evil tagged) and wont happen again. I say we move on...

4. Default

not that my opinion matters but, i think a warning would suffice here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang View Post
    I started a vote ban on my self to see how many people hated me they all voted yes and the server banned me.

5. Default

Even though it is not abuse, admin temp bans on admins should be resolved to ULA or Clan only; and not other admins. Admins should not use admin commands on others (only if restricted admin).

I'll look into this tomorrow.

6. Default

The fact is, he broke a server rule because of what he thought was okay. If he wasn't an admin he would've been banned for it.

Any admin should read the actual rules before doing and/or enforcing what they've heard or think is okay. A lot of admins like to make up their own rules and expect everyone to follow them cause they're an admin, and its wrong. Next time, ask a ula/clan or READ THE RULES.

Also, I meant to put ban but hit warn

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rawrr View Post
    The fact is, he broke a server rule because of what he thought was okay. If he wasn't an admin he would've been banned for it.

Any admin should read the actual rules before doing and/or enforcing what they've heard or think is okay. A lot of admins like to make up their own rules and expect everyone to follow them cause they're an admin, and its wrong.
    Funny thing happened while I was playing last night. I made a cade rather quickly and two players were stuck outside. One of them turned into a zombie. The player attempted to unleash his entire magazine on the zombie forgetting that my cade was right behind him and he ended up destroying it. He got tagged and I got tagged. The dude apologized several times saying the zombie scared the shit out of him. I didn't go Evil on his ass. We played as zombies and took over the world. It was fun and we moved on with our lives. I certainly didn't lose sleep over it. Rawr's reply illustrates my point exactly. Some admins are too quick to pull out the ban hammer.

8. Default

You're comparing the difference between an accidental cade breaking and an intentional one. I'm pretty damn lenient but intentional cade breaking is one thing I'll always punish for.
    *DEAD* [SF]Rios( . Y . ) : my god u are the monster not the zombies
    *DEAD* [SF]Rios( . Y . ) : lol fu u
    ~ said shortly after being stuck in a cade and killed

9. Default

You're comparing the difference between an accidental cade breaking and an intentional one. I'm pretty damn lenient but intentional cade breaking is one thing I'll always punish for.
    I didn't purposely break his cade either. Its a vending machine in a door (laying down no less). The goal was to shoot it back, slide in, then shoot it back again. If Evil just let me in, we wouldn't be here.

10. Default

If it was not your cade then you should not have shot it to begin with unless you had permission, and from what i hear, you didn't. It doesn't matter why you did it, trying to get in and fixing it is still against the rules since the owner of the cade did not approve it. Like i said before, breaking a cade to get in is still cade breaking and against the rules. Do i really need to quote and link the zmod rules thread AGAIN....