Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Some admin powers should not be used?

1. Default

There are certain maps that change gravity, death star escape for example, that have not reset gravity when changing to the next map. This is a primary use of the gravity command. We tell you not you use it not only because there is a chance it will mess up the server, but because there is no real reason to use it. The Terms Of Service states that all admin commands must be used sparingly and appropriately. Aside from the example given there should not be any appropriate reason to change the gravity and if there is a reason, it should only be used to Reset the gravity to its original number.

Also why should we remove commands that are not supposed to be used or abused. The rcon commands are faster and meant to be used when needed to reset the entire server(really the only time you should be using it). The reasoning behind certain commands being removed is there is no need to teleport or revive people at all. Ever. Gravity needs to be fixed once in a blue moon and rcon_setgravity 800 or whatever it is solves that problem.
    "To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea," Siv During Livh, a psychologist and expert

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanTM View Post
    The rules are in place so that the game is fun, and the objectives are met, if using admin powers doesn't interfere with these two things, then I am not really in violation of any rule. There is no written rule that states don't low grav players (as far as i am aware). If you believe i didnt follow the ToS or someone thinks I am abusing, its within your rights of course or zeros rights to take my 11 dollars and remove admin or ban me. I am not someone who is afraid of that or anything.
    You clearly do not read the rules do you.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Restricted Admin usage - Note to players: Admins abusing their rights should be reported in the forums immediately with a demo. Admins are here for the people on the server, not for themselves. If you believe an admin is abusing his powers, please report that individual here so that individual can be held accountable.

• Admins may not use commands excessively oneself (EX. slapping)
    • Using the slap command to get an unfair advantage
    • Changing the gravity settings (Unless reverting back to normal gravity of 800)
    • Unrestricting restricted weapons (see Restricted weapons section)
    • Turning players into freeze bombs/firebombs against players consent
    • Admin chat should be reserved to convey messages to players and other admins. Do not abuse it.
    • Obsessively beaconing a barricading group.
    • If beacons start lagging up the server, issue no more than one per cade. (No mass beaconing)
    Directly from ZM rules -- http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/sho...-Zm-Rules-v3-1
    It clearly states not to mess with the gravity, unless changing it back to 800.

Any admin caught messing with gravity will be having a long talk from me.

3. Default

Are you guys reading? Serious question?

i never type the value 800, or any value, because im not typing the command for gravity.. ie it's not gravity that effects the whole map, it's gravity that effects just 1 player.

I use the !admin menu. MEANING I AM NOT TYPING AT ALL. If gravity is not meant to be changed for just 1 player, then remove the option in the admin menu which i think is logical.

!rcon command can stay because someone here said you need it sometimes to set gravity across entire maps for some reason.

All i'm argueing here is that gravity for 1 player THROUGH the menu, has no adverse effects on ZE maps. I'm not arguing to use it. For example I would argue slap command doesn't harm the server, but It doesn't mean I want to use it, or am arguing to use it. I just think everyone claiming !admin 1.players 9.gravity [select player] as harmful to the map, server, or anything, is wrong. Plain and simple wrong.
    Last edited by SupermanTM; 02-06-2016 at 09:16 PM.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanTM View Post
    Are you guys reading? Serious question?

i never type the value 800, or any value, because im not typing the command for gravity.. ie it's not gravity that effects the whole map, it's gravity that effects just 1 player.

I use the !admin menu. MEANING I AM NOT TYPING AT ALL. If gravity is not meant to be changed for just 1 player, then remove the option in the admin menu which i think is logical.

!rcon command can stay because someone here said you need it sometimes to set gravity across entire maps for some reason.

All i'm argueing here is that gravity for 1 player THROUGH the menu, has no adverse effects on ZE maps. I'm not arguing to use it.
    Also if you only change a couple of players gravity to low, you know how hard it is to tag them if their jumping around so high.
    Im just gonna assume that's way too much work to remove it when all we have to do is not use it. IDK
    Ill just say that all of us admins have had that 1 rule that we hate and we comment on. That's when Clan steps in and tells us "Its been brought up before and it wont change"
    Then we stop worrying about it and move on. It is what it is!

5. Default

I don't know how else to say this.

DO NOT FUCK WITH GRAVITY. PERIOD.

I don't really get how this is so ducking hard to comprehend.

6. Default

Fucking* phone autocorrected you

7. Default

haha phil <3

thanks money

8. Default

Serve your 1 week ban. I'm not letting this one go.
    Next admin to mess with gravity is getting a 3 week ban.

9. Default

Superman, certain commands are grouped in with others and can not be removed without removing the lot. Instead of removing an entire group of commands, we choose to hold admins accountable when they do not follow simple rules and fail to practice self-control. Had I saw your reply before Phil, I would have given you a month ban and had your admin restricted. Restriction is still on the table.

10. Default

I don't care about the ban which is why i made no thread about it. just didn't see in the rules that senior admin can ban without a demo. which is the only reason i brought it up to zero. its not like i'm denying that i used gravity on myself, and i did it to show that it has no harmful effects on anything. except your egos.