Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Donald Trump is a serious contender for presidency in 2016

1. Default

Dear Americans,

We don't want you, fuck off.

-Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

2. Default

Who cares, nothing changes.

-apathy

3. Default

The only Republican that can beat Hilary in the general election is the one who has gotten no press--John Kasich. I'm hoping that the convention is contested (Noone gets 50% of the delegates). This would allow anyone who wins at least 8 states a possibility. If Kasich can win 8, the establishment will pick him.

How the process works is the pledged delegates from the states must follow their pledge for the first vote. After that, it is a free for all. Most delegates are chosen not by who they pledge for, but by the party itself.

That said, I'm not sure if Kasich can win 8 states. We will see how the Midwest vote. If he can't, I would love to see a Hilary-Kasich ticket. It would be the death knell for partisan politics.

People complain that nothing gets done, but than elect people like Cruz who throws a temper tantrum when he doesn't get his way and shuts down the government. Getting things done requires compromise.
    What: my life skills use meat

“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ” -Mark Twain

4. Default

Yea, the thing I really hate on the GOP side right now, is Cruz is the runner up right now. Trump wont win if we get to a contested convention, but for the love of god NOT CRUZ.

Freedom caucus is the cancer that created the potential for this mess to begin with. Tea partiers have destroyed the legitimacy of the GOP party. And that mess of a senator is in second? They created the do nothing congress, they have done NOTHING other then try to spite the government. Yea you are right, the government doesnt work, when you intentionally break it that is.

Its like saying yea, this car doesnt work so im going to syphin out the gas and slash the tires, cause the car doesnt work. (when it in fact just needs a new alternator belt)

Government doesnt work, so we need an outsider. Or they guy that broke it these last few years... WHAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

5. Default

What I sill find funny is I thought congress passed budgets and then the president either agrees with them or says fuck this shit I am shutting it down until you send something to my desk that I like.

Or was there a part in the constitution where I missed that says that the President creates budgets and the congress then either agrees with them or shuts down the government.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    What I sill find funny is I thought congress passed budgets and then the president either agrees with them or says fuck this shit I am shutting it down until you send something to my desk that I like.

Or was there a part in the constitution where I missed that says that the President creates budgets and the congress then either agrees with them or shuts down the government.
    it's the latter, the president makes a budget and when the congress either approves it or shuts down the government.
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    you all are a bunch oh whiny little bitches..
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman
    0.o.....dem sum fightin wurdz LOL

I am really scared.....You sending Fiona after me? LOL

7. Default

Republicans right now (and Democrats to a lesser extent) are reaping what they have sowed over the past few decades. They continually gerrymander the districts. Take my state of Pennsylvania for example. Democrats in 2014 won 51% of the popular vote of the house vote. Instead of getting 8-10 out of 18 of the seats in the house you might expect, they won 5. How you my ask? Look at how the district are drawn. One of the most egregious example is PA-7.

They draw them to ensure the district will almost always go one way or the other. This means is many districts all over the US, a Republican doesn't have to work about beating a democat, they need to worry about being challenged by another Republican, or vice versa. This is how the Tea Party got its power.
    What: my life skills use meat

“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ” -Mark Twain