Thread: missing maps on server

1. Default missing maps on server

neither cornered or spacetower ( not sure exact names ) will not download from the server forcing any non regular ( or recently reformatted ) players to stay on the server during map changed
    edit 1
    gg_lego_mafia_arena.bsp also missing the dl
    Last edited by Tmzasz; 03-28-2016 at 11:31 PM.

Your Computer:

My Computer:

3. Default

just click the link that zambi provided and for any maps that this happens for put it into your maps folder.

And if you play ze/zm get the big maps from there aswell and will save you alot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuki View Post
    just click the link that zambi provided and for any maps that this happens for put it into your maps folder.
    Ah yes, I forgot that step. You must move the maps into your maps folder once you download them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuki View Post
    And if you play ze/zm get the big maps from there aswell and will save you alot of time.
    Well, relatively speaking. It still takes me ages to load ZM maps. GG maps are near-instantaneous though. I guess it's all the mod data or something.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a zambi View Post
    Ah yes, I forgot that step. You must move the maps into your maps folder once you download them.

Well, relatively speaking. It still takes me ages to load ZM maps. GG maps are near-instantaneous though. I guess it's all the mod data or something.
    Its because a gg map normally only has brushes (blocks) And a couple of entities and thats about it,hence the quick load time. Where as a zm/ze map can sometimes have up to 1000+ entities and
    also weird and wonderful shapes so the source engine also has to deal with that and many other things like the light_environments and where all the light bounce off etc..

In short ze/zm maps are huge compared to gg maps. Thats why they take longer

Yeah gg maps are just a big square

7. Default

yea i know where to dl them from :P just thought i should mention which maps were broked on the dl ( most dl fine from the server but so far those 3 just seem to be mia )

Your Computer:

My Computer: