Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: WCS Down Time

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    actually, since the current version of w3s only supports 3 abilities + 1 ult, while we're waiting, if zero threw w3s on just to hold us over, the 4 starters could be put in. hell, zero might even be able to associate our levels between them, and allow us to use the starters and keep leveling them while waiting for the full fix to come in.
    I stick with my original statement. I don't give a shit if we have 2 wait a month or more (which will more then likely happen) I just want zero's full attention going into rebuilding what was lost.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

2. Default

sooo...most races will or will not break?

it seemed to say both at different parts
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

http://forums.eventscripts.com/viewt...p?f=27&t=38880

First est replacement. Still lacks a lot of functions but it is coming along

4. Default Levels

hi, I was wondering if I will still have my levels because I cant log in and I think it is almost a month or going to be a month since I logged into wcs server. I would hate it if I had to level all those races again. Please save my levels. Thanks

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lychee View Post
    hi, I was wondering if I will still have my levels because I cant log in and I think it is almost a month or going to be a month since I logged into wcs server. I would hate it if I had to level all those races again. Please save my levels. Thanks
    I think Zero has said that levels will be kept. I'd imagine this covers the duration that the server is down and people are unable to log in.
    Kiro : us fireyes got dumb by his girl that y he is suck

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lychee View Post
    I was told by zero that we will be able to keep our current classes and our lvl's. so unless he declares otherwise, that should still be the plan.

don't worry lychee, we'll all be back home in due time
    Last edited by maynard; 07-01-2010 at 01:31 AM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

yea the levels clear after 30 days but I changed the setting to 300. Also I have a few backups of the database.

8. Default

Apparently wcsazeroth is up and running, I think you should take a look zero.

9. Arrow

I have been contacted back by the war3 team and they can make us a private version with what we need. Logically this would require us to program all of our races over but that may be faster than waiting.

Here are the current options:

1. Wait for es_tools replacement
      • Free
      • No reprogramming
      • no time line
      • some races may be permanently broken
      • effects may take a long time to work if ever
      • increased lag over previous version
      • increased instability
    2. Get a private war3 version
      • $$$
      • requires all races to be reprogrammed
      • time line is directly correlated to my programing skills and efforts and possibly the efforts of contractors
      • most abilities and races should be able to be recreated
      • effects will work
      • greatly decreased lag
      • greatly improved stability.
      • will be a bit different than the current one but overall mostly the same.

So I think the right way to go will be do 2 and if that does not work we can still do 1.