Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasons not to use a shotgun during a zombie invasion

1. Default

What do you do when the gas runs out...

2. Default

Wait to starve to death.... lol..... well you would dehydrate first.

3. Default

Well, I assumed that everyone who used my suggestion would have the sense to watch the fuel gauge and keep a backup fuel supply of some sort. As many military bases as there dotted across the US there should be more than enough opportunity for you to stop and refuel. The only legitimate problem I could see someone in a tank having is when they actually have to get OUT of the tank to refuel/resupply.

4. Default

Still dont cover food and water.... If I wanted to eat you I would positivly lurk around for a few days until you ran out of water lol.

5. Default

i vote go to the antartic
    no way a zombie can survive in teh cold, itll be too stupid to put on a jacket :P

6. Default

Lurk around for me to get food? Since when are zombies capable of intelligent thought? Are we not talking about the type from night of the living dead? The moan and grown drag my foot at .5 miles an hour zombie. Or are we talking about 28 days later (not technically zombies at all). If we were talking about smart, fast moving, ferocious zombies nothing could save you. You'd die eventually no matter what.

Think of the tank as a mobile base. Considering it would probably be just me in the tank that would leave somewhat decent space for supplies such as food, water, and of course, extra munitions. And of course you can store extra fuel on the tank. Its the same concept as being stranded behind enemy lines. You think they wouldnt consider the fact that the tank could run out of gas? Not to mention tanks have MASSIVE fuel tanks. You wouldnt even need to shoot any zombies in the tank. Just roll over everything. Then if you ran into a major obstacle like a downed airplane on the only route through a town just fire off a shell and clear it, and keep rolling. Once you need to refuel/resupply you grab your shotty/m249/ak/whatever hop out, clear anything that gets close and do your business, then move on.

7. Smile

ManBearPig told me to put this in this topic as for the thread i made goes along with this one so.
    Sorry ManBearPig.
    Anyways.

Ok so playing ZM alot.. gets me thinking..what weapons would be best for fighting zombies. I think Explosives and hand to hand weapons.
    If you manage to find explosives you can keep them for a later day or for when your in need of getting away from a large horde of zombies.
    Hand to hand weapons like.. crowbar (gordon freemen all the way XD), lead pipe, chainsaw,baseball bat, axe , hatchet,anything you can use that enables you to wrap you hand around something and swing at a zombie.
    Guns.. you can run out of ammo..ammo can be no were to be found at times.. you can miss a lot..

But the best weapon of all.. is team work.. you must have people with you.. or else.. your dead..
    All in all.. your pretty much dead.. or fucked.. zombies are here forever.. or until humans are no longer avalible and zombies must resort to eating each other.

Id come up with a zombie group.. find a facility and form a gang of survivors XD

Anyways.. what do you think??
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=215&dateline=12219272  96

8. Default

lol thats what i was going to put up...that is really all you need...a fucking tank..or an army of tanks...just fucking run them all over and shoot them down with the 50. cal...that would be much more fun, and also you could make a game out of it to..lol...you would have everything you need...a place to sleep, store food and water, ammo, backup guns man you would be set in a tank.
    Last edited by darkfire313; 08-16-2008 at 11:51 AM.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by D1lD0 View Post
    Think of the tank as a mobile base. Considering it would probably be just me in the tank that would leave somewhat decent space for supplies such as food, water, and of course, extra munitions. And of course you can store extra fuel on the tank. Its the same concept as being stranded behind enemy lines. You think they wouldnt consider the fact that the tank could run out of gas? Not to mention tanks have MASSIVE fuel tanks. You wouldnt even need to shoot any zombies in the tank. Just roll over everything. Then if you ran into a major obstacle like a downed airplane on the only route through a town just fire off a shell and clear it, and keep rolling. Once you need to refuel/resupply you grab your shotty/m249/ak/whatever hop out, clear anything that gets close and do your business, then move on.
    You forget that tanks get horrible mpg.

10. Default

Quoted from another site...

"To give the tank decent traveling range, General Dynamics had to give it some mammoth fuel tanks. The most recent M1 model holds 490 gallons (1,850 L), allowing the tank to go about 265 miles (426 km) without refueling. The turbine engine works with a range of fuels, including ordinary gasoline, diesel fuel and jet fuel. "

That means you could go halfway across some states before needing to refuel. And you could actually refuel them at most commercial gas pumps, and considering you can find a gas station within 20 ft of each other i doubt you'll run out of fuel. Ever.

Tanks nowadays are state of the art war machines designed for use in very unpredictable situations. According to your logic a Tank Commander would be fucked if say he had to go AROUND a city instead of through it. Also add in the fact that on flat terrain later m1 models can travel at speeds in excess of 35 mph. I'd be very sad when I seen you get overwhelmed by zombies after refusing to ride in the tank with me as I just drive past running over every zombie unfortunate enough to get in my way.

Hell I could imagine a tank as honestly being a viable option to surviving even 28 days later-esque zombies. Since you can seal the hatch preventing anything intelligent or not from opening it.

Btw, the fact that I'm getting into this much detail must mean that I am a HUGE nerd. But hey, if zombies ever come I know you mofos would be knocking at my door like "My nigga, you remember that tank shit you were talking about? I think we gon' need one of them muhfuckahs...immediately..."
    Last edited by D1lD0; 08-16-2008 at 04:05 PM.