Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 001 Undead Scourge [0] v1.1.0

1. Default

In the older wcs you were not able to go above 100 with undead, atleast not in the servers ive played in. To me the undead ult seems the weakest ult out of them all. The range is WAY TO SHORT. The damage output seems WAY TO SMALL. It seems like sometimes my ult doesnt even go of when i die and i check if people have laces and they dont, which would lead me to believe the cooldown for this ult from the start of the round is WAY TO LONG, since this is a rush race with its skills boosting your speed.... Improving Undead ULT IMO would be a must and make this race more popular.

2. Default

in our older server, the undead could go above 100.

unfortunately, that is hard-coded into this mod,to not allow it.

undead is completely fine otherwise, absolutely balanced
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

• Confirmed CODE is 100% same as 1.0.4

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HypeRNT View Post
    In the older wcs you were not able to go above 100 with undead, atleast not in the servers ive played in. To me the undead ult seems the weakest ult out of them all. The range is WAY TO SHORT. The damage output seems WAY TO SMALL. It seems like sometimes my ult doesnt even go of when i die and i check if people have laces and they dont, which would lead me to believe the cooldown for this ult from the start of the round is WAY TO LONG, since this is a rush race with its skills boosting your speed.... Improving Undead ULT IMO would be a must and make this race more popular.
    you were not around for the old WCS... and yes it could go above 100.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    you were not around for the old WCS... and yes it could go above 100.
    well, i dont know how long you were around so i wont speak about that, but ive played since version 1.4 beta test, even the old war3 servers (4 races) god those were the good old days, then blood elf was introduced and i loved that race, undead was much better aswell, since it was bascially the fastest race out there, thats what it was meant for, to be the fastest race out of all of them. It seems it has been forgotten pretty much in the current WCS servers, i remember server owners would say that they would always keep the old 4 races(undead,human,orc,elf) the best races even when the new races would come up to preserve the oldies from being underplayed.

i love that human is strong, makes for a great starting race to get to the others, but i do miss the forgotten original 5th race(blood elf) was a great race with good special effect coding and was very fun, really hope that one day, after all the old races get finished, this one might get considered by the ULAS to be a great addition to the other races, and maybe making it the top 5 beginner races like good old times

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    Description still says it can be activated manually in game.
    Still true, still confusing people.

7. Default

I have started the scratch recode for this race. Please note that I have discovered the following:

Suicide Bomber currently can not be blocked in any way by ult immunity (this will likely not change)

Suicide Bomber currently has a .15 sec delay before it goes off after death (this was not intended and will be removed)

Expect to see a test version soon.

8. Default

yay, maybe undead will be good again.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

9. Arrow

Race completed, will be up for testing tomorrow but it is late at night now so I sleep.

Note that as stated in the past there will be no limits on how much health you can steal.

Please keep in mind if you would like to see any effects added to this race. Currently effects for this race are virtually non existent. The following can have effects:
    • Spawn (currently none)
    • Vampiric Aura (currently only txt and screen flash)
    • Suicide Bomber (already has an extensive effect but feel free to post your changes)

The new race is 289 lines of code vs 525. Compiles at 27 vs 24kb. So despite less lines it is slightly larger due to all the added methods that never existed in the original but are needed to improve stability and prevent errors.

10. Default

Is the damage consistent enough within the range to kill people at a distance now, I know from 1.6 WC3 the explosion could take out a decent area.

Also, can you explode yourself on purpose by pressing the ult button now?
    I hit Brett right in the feels.