Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 014 Succubus Hunter [80] v1.1.0

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I could even very the long jump based on if the user currently has the knife our or not.

i love this.
    I would totally love to play this as a "knife in / knife out" race.

gun mode? current bhop jump height, speed and range.
    knife mode out? double up (or +50%) jump height speed and range.
    could make interesting mechanics between needing mobility with knife out, or having to battle ranged with gun out.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

2. Default

Cyber, adding height to the jump is a bad idea. It already gets low grav from the ult and adding low grav to a longjump typically makes it easier to hit (because you have more time to figure out where they will land). Simply adding distance to make it's jump like jack or spiderman to increase it's mobility will help it plenty.
    What: my life skills use meat

“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ” -Mark Twain

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Passarelli View Post
    Cyber, adding height to the jump is a bad idea. It already gets low grav from the ult and adding low grav to a longjump typically makes it easier to hit (because you have more time to figure out where they will land). Simply adding distance to make it's jump like jack or spiderman to increase it's mobility will help it plenty.

what i meant is a longer bhop (longjump) range.
    obvious a ranged fast jump at current heigh is better than a rapscallion-like jump... but i'll take anything for this damn race now.

im still for zero's knife in and knife out thing. i just think that knife mod COULD have a higher jump, just to be able to pull the ol' "right above u" jump out of their screen view.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

4. Default

Adding low grav when they have their knife out would be even worse due to how knife range works.

“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ” -Mark Twain

5. Default

Not only that, but that is what socks are for.

6. Default

Ok, here is the plan for skull collection. I am thinking of making it easier to collect skulls faster but harder to actually collect them!

The idea is that skulls will drop from all kills your team makes at the location of that users death. You then need to actually go over and collect the skull to get it. You will level how long the skull will stay there. The only event that can cause a skull to go away before it should would be the same user getting killed a second time in the same round before his skull has been collected. (should not occur often)

To make things cleaner I can design it so that the skulls are only shown to the Succubus Hunter. This way users who are not this race and new users are not confused by what the effect is for.

7. Default

Note that making the skull drops work like that will also reward using the knife as you will be right there. I might lower how many skulls you can have at one time and make it so that if you pickup a skull over the limit it will automatically trigger the ult and consume the extra skull. I may require you to press an ability button to actually collect the skulls.

8. Default

reprogramming started

9. Default

Races with code like this one is why I got to have them all reprogrammed from scratch...

Taking hard coded abilities and values to the next level!

Code:
    new dmg = dmgamount;
                        if(skill_dmg == 1)
                        {
                            dmg = RoundToFloor(dmg * 0.5);
                        }
                        if(skill_dmg == 2)
                        {
                            dmg = RoundToFloor(dmg * 0.75);
                        }
                        if(skill_dmg == 3)
                        {
                            dmg = RoundToFloor(dmg * 0.9);
                        }
    My eyes they bleed!

10. Default

I need a cool skull image to use as the sprite to hover above dead players for this race to see.