Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: remove aarrgghh

1. Default remove aarrgghh

stupid map. way 2 confusing and big.... causes for 3 minute rounds constantly where no 1 really has any idea where the other could be.

like aco said, would be cool 2 explore it on your own, but not good for WCS at all.
    Last edited by maynard; 01-15-2011 at 09:18 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

2. Default

i'm the one that added this map.
    when i checked the thumbnails i didnt know that its THAT big of a map.
    i heard from players the ruhhh and blah are acceptable and playable, but that this map is too big...
    however, people seem to enjoy adventuring on it for the first time...
    its the kind of map that makes u want to dig deep in it to adventure, which is gd when u have players playing it out for the lolz,
    u should see the reactions of the pot heads when they get stuck in the cloud room lol , and they "feel like trippin"

that said, the map IS huge, and the rounds take a couple more minutes...not to mention it gets pretty boring and annoying when u stay on it too much.
    instead of removing the map... we could just vote it off after a few rounds tho..?
    i mean u have admin right? shouldnt be a problem for u...as for other players , they can rtv it , unless many ppl dnt like playing it at all.
    if its that big of a deal... remove it...doesnt really matter, it was added for randomness and diversity from the overplayed maps, and its serving its role so far
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

3. Default

its all small ass rooms also, it's no good for WCS. very tripy, but no good for here.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

4. Default

haha I love arrrrgh, we need to remove de_rush for the constant 50+ Choke in game

5. Default

Not gonna lie, I had a blast playing this map.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Emo View Post
    Not gonna lie, I had a blast playing this map.
    I don't think any 1 disputes that they're cool maps. but they're FARR 2 big, and confusing.

when I play CSS, I wana shoot people, not explore massive weird maps. also the other problem is the majority of rooms are quite small, making certain races completely pointless on them. it's also annoying 2 have every round go the full 3 minutes cause people are lost and exploring shit instead of actually playing the game.
    Last edited by maynard; 01-18-2011 at 08:31 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

yeah, i personally love the map and all the cool stuff but it is WAY to big unless there is a full server. with fewer people it usually ends up just running the timer.

8. Default

again... i'm pretty sure there is an admin almost at all times...
    there are the usuals during the day, and myself, shady and other admins during the nighttime that can change the map if needed.... or even rtv off it ...
    like u said blackout, its fun when the server is full...

no need to delete the map when u can rtv off it, or setnextmap to smthn else on the game before..specialyl when ppl still enjoy it ...its not like its crashing the server or anything
    >50% of players are admins on wcs.
    90% of the time there is an admin on server or can be called from
    100% chance of rtv the map off anytime
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

9. Default

the map has no place on WCS.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

10. Default

If you want to explore maps, just download them and play them by yourself.