Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast

Thread: Future race suggestion thread

1. Default

BANSHEE
    (Knife only, 26 hp starting health, Each Jump costs 5 hp.)
    (Restricted items: health, ring, boots, cloak, socks)
    (Restricted to 1 per team)
    (5 level ranks per skill)

Curse:
    Knifing enemies curses (marks) them for a duration of 5-10s. You passively leech 1 hp/s off of cursed enemies for the duration of the curse.
    Pursuit:
    Gain 10-50% speed boost while heading closer towards CURSED enemies within 30-50ft radius.
    Ethereal Flow:
    10-60% reduced gravity.
    Spectral Form:
    75-95% invisibility while in air ONLY. Continuously leaves a temporary spectral trail sprite below it on closest ground pointing towards its general direction.
    Repulsion:
    Knifing enemies propels BOTH you and the enemy 10-50ft apart from each other in opposite directions. Enemies hitting a wall/object during the motion are cursed for an ADDITIONAL 5-10s.
    Ultimate: Banshee's Scream: (Cooldown:60-30s)
    Applies “Curse” on enemies within 25-35ft radius and additionally slows down all currently cursed enemies by 10-25%.

- - - Updated - - -

BANSHEE RACE NOTES

Developper notes for the banshee race, if ever considered, to explain how the race is not op but gives high reward for high skill cap and high risk:
    • “Curse” is the bread and butter of this race. It will make it or break it! Just like warden critical strike effect but heals player for that amount.
    • Leech Overheals.
    • Subsequent knives refresh the cursed duration, not stack. Pursuit doesn’t give speed boost all the time, or vs normal enemies, only after cursing them with knife and ulti will it give u a speed boost towards them.
    • Pursuit can be passively used to detect CURSED enemy locations even without seeing them due to speed boosts fluctuations. So this would synergize well with the ultimate for map awareness.
    • Low gravity similar to that of undead.
    • About Spectral form: (Like jack’s spade effect but a bit transparent/ ghostly blue-colored. Ideally, the ground sprite can trace the path of the player even when mid-air (like >->->) to compensate for invisibility by telling players that the banshee is somewhere above that trail). if sprite can only be generated while touching ground, add a "ghostly" chackles or woman-weeping sound constantly emitting from the banshee to compensate for invis.
    • Repulsion: (the knockback is at fast velocity, like ZM zombies and (takes into account if you knifed above the torso, pushing u UPWARDS into the air due to positioning). Synergizes well with Spectral Form. And a good knockback knife can remove the need to jump at a cost
    • Ultimate: (curse will refresh the duration on enemies already cursed.)
    • Ultimate will only curse ppl within range, but the slow applies on all cursed enemies, including the ones already cursed and out of range (situational against speedy race that's still cursed in the last few seconds but got out of reach.)
    • Crypt lord and flyers will be huge counter.
    • Jumping costs hp. This is a parody on the fact that flame preds can be a bitch bcos of their jumping around. Raises the risk to tactically use jumps at the right time to proc off a curse and compensate. Because if you jump while below 5hp, you dun fuck'd.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks What, treehoe, blackmage, tom, spasm and Brett for initial feedback.

if someone has ideas on how to nerf/buff/modify this race. do tell here.
    Last edited by CYBER; 01-20-2014 at 10:08 PM.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

Well, I never thought this day would come, but I actually really do like this race and would love to see something like that in-game. It has innovative gameplay with clear pros/cons and should be really fun to play. It's hard to comment on numbers now, but ultimate should probably be slightly nerfed and jumping maybe a bit buffed, but other than that, I'd love to play and test it out in the server. Props for this, Cyber.
    The Complete WCS Guide
    (Click on it)

"They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard."
    Our subject isn't cool, but he thinks it anyway - he may not have a clue, and he may not have style, but everything he lacks, well, he makes up in denial!
    Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.

3. Default

so.... a cryptlord will prevent the player from using half its skills... which means that a lace is a MUST have item.... ya i dont really like the reliance of a lace. Also i would like to see some extra damage to cursed enemies.... it would make it much scarier when you are marked
    OhGasm In Your Mouth : panorama is so nub
    Maukid : lol
    OhGasm In Your Mouth : never realized it

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Masskid View Post
    so.... a cryptlord will prevent the player from using half its skills... which means that a lace is a MUST have item.... ya i dont really like the reliance of a lace. Also i would like to see some extra damage to cursed enemies.... it would make it much scarier when you are marked
    i could make it so that a marked enemy would lose 2hp per sec for the duration of a mark. ( remmeber, both left and right click will proc that sustained damage), while you heal for half the amount? i.e 1hp/s heal?

also, crypt lord can cripple that race's start, which is fine bcos u can use ur Scream to collect hp bcos you start with the ulti ready.
    either that, or i can re-enable the 'ring' but that would be a bad idea imho bcos that would make the jump damage insignificant bcos u heal it 5s later without relying on ur curses.

a vaga that rushes enemy spawn with an athena that has 10s freeze rotation HAS to use a lace, cant go without it, i'd say it's quite similar here, the race is "forced" to get a lace at start only when facing such enemy. or an orc . but not all the time. pretty much like a vaga against a team without athena or nightelf in it... just my 2 cents.

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    i could make it so that a marked enemy would lose 2hp per sec for the duration of a mark. ( remmeber, both left and right click will proc that sustained damage), while you heal for half the amount? i.e 1hp/s heal?

also, crypt lord can cripple that race's start, which is fine bcos u can use ur Scream to collect hp bcos you start with the ulti ready.
    either that, or i can re-enable the 'ring' but that would be a bad idea imho bcos that would make the jump damage insignificant bcos u heal it 5s later without relying on ur curses.

a vaga that rushes enemy spawn with an athena that has 10s freeze rotation HAS to use a lace, cant go without it, i'd say it's quite similar here, the race is "forced" to get a lace at start only when facing such enemy. or an orc . but not all the time. pretty much like a vaga against a team without athena or nightelf in it... just my 2 cents.
    one way i think it can fix it is... Spectral form reduces your life by 5, you cannot drop below 1 hp. If you cannot reduce your health by 5 Spectral form does not proc

"also, crypt lord can cripple that race's start, which is fine bcos u can use ur Scream to collect hp bcos you start with the ulti ready."
    im not sure if you know how close 25-35 feet is... thats like 3 steps from knifing distance... What your looking for is more towards 60 feet (night elf's range)

"i could make it so that a marked enemy would lose 2hp per sec for the duration of a mark. ( remmeber, both left and right click will proc that sustained damage), while you heal for half the amount? i.e 1hp/s heal?"

idk that would be cool, since that is dmg + a semi slow for them(taking damage), but for some reason i like knifing them with left click then making sure that my right click would seal the deal unless they have extra health

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Masskid View Post
    one way i think it can fix it is... Spectral form reduces your life by 5, you cannot drop below 1 hp. If you cannot reduce your health by 5 Spectral form does not proc

"also, crypt lord can cripple that race's start, which is fine bcos u can use ur Scream to collect hp bcos you start with the ulti ready."
    im not sure if you know how close 25-35 feet is... thats like 3 steps from knifing distance... What your looking for is more towards 60 feet (night elf's range)

"i could make it so that a marked enemy would lose 2hp per sec for the duration of a mark. ( remmeber, both left and right click will proc that sustained damage), while you heal for half the amount? i.e 1hp/s heal?"

idk that would be cool, since that is dmg + a semi slow for them(taking damage), but for some reason i like knifing them with left click then making sure that my right click would seal the deal unless they have extra health
    it's funny that i had the ultimate at 50ft range. but tom insisted it would be too op. he still thinks it needs to be shorter.

also. spectral form is passive. u go invis when u are mid air. whether it's a jump or freefall

7. Default

Its no more OP than say flame strike which damages x amount of people in range for 30 seconds, just a different version of that. There would be no problem to extend the radius, since for now it is so far shorter than all other ultimates the race could easily get killed by enemy ultimates before it ever gets close enough. Plus you have to factor in most people have laces, the radius is something I didn't notice at first, but Mass is right, it should be longer.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    it's funny that i had the ultimate at 50ft range. but tom insisted it would be too op. he still thinks it needs to be shorter.

also. spectral form is passive. u go invis when u are mid air. whether it's a jump or freefall
    50 feet will still get owned by a orc. 32 dmg for an orc and 25 for a Cryptlord. Both these races are equivalent to nightelf/athena/warden/shadowofthevoid for a vagalion.

I understand that spectral form is passive and that free fall counts. Let me think of some free fall locations. Office - out of windows; Assault - Of T vent ledge, roof, bridge, Vents infront of hosties, Above car overhang by ct spawn; Aztec - Bridge; Crackhouse - Ct near spawn both buildings, T roof. Vegas Bombsite A, Bombsite B vents... ya thats all i can think of >.> for all the good areas in Aztec you need a pre jump. In crackhouse it requires you aren't spotted while on the roof(since your 100% invisible when not in the air)

Another thing i thought about is that what if Curse's Mark stayed forever but the leach/damage/whatever was only 10 seconds. This way when the ulti procs it RECURSES everyone previously cursed and curses those near him.

He needs way more survivability at a woping 26 health he can die to random stray bullets and he is useless without jumping... you have a normal speed 100% visible enemy walking towards you with 26 hp....

PS. almost any gun will kill him in a single shot after he jumps twice.

9. Default

What if he gets 75+ at spawn but can not buff over 100? Since he lacks speed prior to knifing this may work out fine. Once its maxed out I think it will be pretty strong, but getting to that point may be difficult with the current hp. What if as you level up, the hp at spawn decreases. You start with 100 hp, at level 10 it drops to 90 at 20 it goes down to 75 and at 30+ its like 60 or something?
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    Whin if he gets 75+ at spawn but can not buff over 100? Since he lacks speed prior to knifing this may work out fine. Once its maxed out I think it will be pretty strong, but getting to that point may be difficult with the current hp. What if as you level up, the hp at spawn decreases. You start with 100 hp, at level 10 it drops to 90 at 20 it goes down to 75 and at 30+ its like 60 or something?
    Or he loses 14.8 health a level in a skill so the higher level in the skill probably spectral form he gains power with the trade off of life

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    Whin if he gets 75+ at spawn but can not buff over 100? Since he lacks speed prior to knifing this may work out fine. Once its maxed out I think it will be pretty strong, but getting to that point may be difficult with the current hp. What if as you level up, the hp at spawn decreases. You start with 100 hp, at level 10 it drops to 90 at 20 it goes down to 75 and at 30+ its like 60 or something?
    Or he loses 14.8 health a level in a skill so the higher level in the skill probably spectral form he gains power with the trade off of life