Thread: NLA's Minecraft Server

1. Thumbs up NLA's Minecraft Server

So, I have a unique situation here.. I have a Minecraft server running on a site (Dreamhost) that I'm getting wtfhax free hosting from, with unlimited storage/bandwidth to boot, and here's the kicker: the Minecraft server is running on 64MB of RAM. I know, wtf right? I've been stress testing it for an hour or so and I've had 3 other people come on and mess around and it seems completely stable. Somehow. So, my next line of action is to install some server mods (bukkit) and get it running 24/7 if possible. The mods I have in mind mostly pertain to anti-griefing, having !kits, setting home spawn etc but I'm open to ideas. I'm looking to make it a really cool server. Keep in mind that only 3 people have been on at once so far, but as long as I have unlimited bandwidth it shouldn't really be a problem aside from possible memory issues server-side.

Would anyone be interested in playing on my server when its fully up and running?
    Last edited by NLA; 02-12-2011 at 01:00 PM.

2. Thumbs up

Just to get conversation going, here's the server specs that you can expect:

• Quad-core Xeons
    • 100Mbps connection
    • 85MB RAM
    • Unlimited Bandwidth
    • Unlimited Disk Space

Currently I've got bukkit up and running, so I'm looking into installing plugins.

3. Default

We already have a server.

That’s the funny thing about trolls: They love to do something horrible, then accuse you of doing something horrible when you call them on it.

4. Default

Can you not read?

Mag spent a lot of his time and energy creating a server and a community for the members here. There is a thread involving that discussion already.

5. Default

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

NLA, join our server.
    Personal reform

7. Default

Well fine you guys, imo there's more than enough room in this town for two servers, but fine, I'll take my lolserver elsewhere. :<

8. Default

well you can ask wolf and his friends to join

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by taz1stP View Post
    well you can ask wolf and his friends to join
    Don't.

Bad idea, we got asshole griefers.

-.-

That’s the funny thing about trolls: They love to do something horrible, then accuse you of doing something horrible when you call them on it.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by &&toasties View Post

Don't.

Bad idea, we got asshole griefers.

-.-
    exactly. send them off somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?